What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

(WBB) Colorado Cruises To Exhibition Win Over Mines

I am shocked that mines has enough women to field a basketball team. Or did they play the male nerds?

I am shocked that mines has enough women to field a basketball team. Or did they play the male nerds?

If you are serious you are massively behind the times. CSM has a fair amount of women enrolled and is quite easily able to field sports teams.

In terms of students female engineers, anecdotally, there are several girls every year graduating from Boulder High who go into engineering in college. Many of them have earned scholarships and some of them have gone to Mines (and played basketball and soccer on scholarship).

Last edited:
Arielle is poised to become a star.

She's already a star. It's time for her to take it to the next level since Chcuky is gone.

I would like to see her play a lot more at the 3 (small forward) as I think she has the skills and talent to be very there. And it would allow for more playing time for Swan and Reece .

Mark, it it unusual in women's basketball for someone of Lauren's size to take 9 shots from three-point range? I'd imagine, screens or not, she'll get her share of open looks from back there.

Mark, it it unusual in women's basketball for someone of Lauren's size to take 9 shots from three-point range? I'd imagine, screens or not, she'll get her share of open looks from back there.

Lauren's forte is 3-pointers. Her height will only help her get open looks against smaller players. I suppose that there aren't a ton of 6-1 players who can consistently hit treys, but it seems to become more common.

BTW, Arielle is about the same height as Lauren, so she too can use that, along with her ability to slash to the basket to her advantage.

Team looks real good. FT percentage pretty low. The ones you would think should be the better FT shooters are the ones that struggled (The Guards, Kresle, A. Wilson, Sborov)

Only 10 turnovers! Hope that continues!

A little disappointed that only one freshman received playing time in such a blowout. I thought there were a couple that would get some time in but I am ok with it. Our returning players are good.

A little disappointed that only one freshman received playing time in such a blowout. I thought there were a couple that would get some time in but I am ok with it. Our returning players are good.

I'm not sure most of the true freshmen are ready for many/any minutes, the exception being Haley Smith who currently is out with an injury. This may in part be why Jasmine Sborov is playing a lot of minutes at the point. Ky Weston left the program (she may well have been the starter at the point this season) and Desiree Harris isn't ready for meaningful minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the true freshmen redshirted this season.

Up next for the Buffs is CSU, in Ft. Collins on the 12th. Last season this game was no contest for CU. Wish it was on tv.

I was wondering about the freshmen. Thanks for the info. I knew Coach Lappe had said some positive things about Haley Smith so had wondered why she didn't play.

The only player who made all of her FTs was a freshmen, Zoe Beard-Fails. I know it was 2-2, but the FT % of the returning players was dreadful.

Huggins forte is the 3, so I would expect to see her shooting a lot of 3's. She was good at that before she got hurt last year.

I agree that Roberson IS a star and will only get better. I'm glad there is really now place for a women's basketball player to go or she'd be leaving us for bigger and better things.

I was pleased that Ashley Wilson got to play as much as she did. She often has problems with asthma. Everything must have been right for her in the game. Her knee didn't seem to be giving her problems. I really hope that continues so she can have an outstanding senior season.

Looking forward to seeing B Wil play against CSU.

Back