What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB - CSU @ CU (Wednesday 5:50 pm)

MarkW

The men's game with CU is rightfully getting a lot of attention, but we shouldn't forget about the start to the season the women have had. CU should win this game by double-digits, but don't wait to show up until 8:30, get to the CEC to see the women's game. You'll see a team that has figured out how to score on the interior, create a lot of turnovers and out-rebound its opponents. Super freshman Arielle leads the team in scoring and is #3 in the Pac 12 in that category. She is fast and agile around the basket. Senior Chucky Jeffery can do it all: scoring, rebounding, picking the opposition's pocket and setting up her teammates. It's amazing that she has 21 career double-doubles as a point guard. Sophomore Jen Reese is scoring in double digits off the bench.

Get a taste of what you'll experience by watching this video:

http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/...B_OEM_ID=600&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Other articles on the CSU game:

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_22125395/womens-basketball-cu-buffs-jen-reese-finds-niche

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3910&SPID=258&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205820124&DB_OEM_ID=600

Please show this hard working, talented team your support. These young women deserve support also.

:gobuffs:

Come on Buffs, let's give the WBB team their due. Took care of business tonight by kicking CSU's butt 72-46 :nod:

Buffs are now 7-0 on the season. Next up they've got @ Denver, and then a huge home game against #8 Louisville.

I am not sure how to summarize the match other than it was over in about 3 minutes. CSU pled nolo contendere in this one. CU was up 20 at the half and it was clear well before that the Rams weren't going to put up a fight. The most amazing statistic at the half was the rebounding margin, 34 - 14 in CU's favor. There were many times when CSU missed a shot and no one went to the boards. It seemed they were trying to limit CU's transition baskets - which they did okay at, but obviously at the expense of second chance points.

The Rams also packed the interior defensively which allowed the Buffs were able to exploit by getting a lot of medium to long range open shots. For the first time in a number of games CU was hitting from the perimeter. B-Wil got the Buffs off to a good start in this regard.

It seems that all the healthy players on the team go quality minutes.

According to real time rpi CU is #34.

Up next for CU is Denver is DU on Tuesday evening. It will be telecast on Root Sports at 7 pm.

The WBB rpi actually took a hit from beating CSU. Thats how bad CSU has been so far this season. Prior to that game, the Buffs rpi, on Warren Nolan, was 24. After winning the game and improving to 7-0, their rpi dropped to 33. It has since come back up to 29.

Up next for CU is Denver is DU on Tuesday evening. It will be telecast on Root Sports at 7 pm.

I like this part as the Pac 12 network did so much buffering during the CSU game that I had to go to audio only.

Fans please, please show up for the Louisville game, especially the students!

I like this part as the Pac 12 network did so much buffering during the CSU game that I had to go to audio only.

Fans please, please show up for the Louisville game, especially the students!

Would be cool to see a capacity crowd for a showdown with a top ten team.

Would be cool to see a capacity crowd for a showdown with a top ten team.

It would be great to see an enthusiastic crowd. This season the atmosphere for the women's game has been dead. Even against Wyo there wasn't a lot of excitement in the stands. Don't know what it's going to take, but it needs to change. The team and coaches deserve better.

Are the Buffs on the verge of a ranking?

http://www.buffzone.com/basketball/ci_22141761/womens-basketball-cu-buffs-building-r-sum-top

Don't know what it's going to take, but it needs to change.
Mark, the only thing that will make it change is winning. And I'm not talking about going 11-1 OOC then 6-12 in conference. Until they are a threat to win the league - or at least finish in the top 3 or 4 - every year, attendance will be meh. When Ceal was the coach with all of those good teams, the Buffs were always in the top few of the Big 8. And, not that the fan bases align perfectly, but it didn't hurt back then that the men's team was a perennial bottom-feeder. As much as they deserve the support now, only sustained success will bring in the fans.

Last edited:
Once Ceal's teams started winning and continued winning, season tickets had to be implemented. The crowds grew, but as Ceal's teams started going downhill near the end of her tenure, so did the crowd support. Under KMM, it tanked. Yes, Lappe will have to prove that the product on the court can and will win to get fans back in. CU has not treated it's season ticket holders right over the years and many remember that and gave up their tickets. They will not be back--ever.

When I was in Boulder for Thanksgiving, I couldn't help but notice how the diehard fans from Ceal's days are aging--and that includes me. Some now winter in Florida or Arizona. That is just a fact of life. CU needs to figure out how to bring in new fans.

I sent an email to CU after attending the Illinois game. Illinois had their fans involved for the entire game and CU can have however many show up involved also.

My concern at this time isn't about quantity, it's about quality. At the Wyo game it seemed like there were 100 people in the stands, not 1400. There simply wasn't any enthusiasm coming from the crowd. Now, maybe when conference play begins there will be or perhaps Friday night when #8 Louisville is in town things will change? But there just seems to be a lack of excitement in the stands this season. It's a bit disheartening. The players and coaches deserve better.

Don't forget the DU game on Tuesday night is going to be telecast on Root Sports if you can't get to the game.

Back