What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: Freshmen lead the was as CU rebounds to beat Yale

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Colorado freshman Meagan Malcolm-Peck had an immediate answer for her scoreless performance on Saturday in the Buffaloes' loss to nationally-ranked Virginia.

Atonement - in a big, big way - came Monday night as Malcom-Peck scored a career-best 19 points to help prod the Buffs past the stubborn Yale Bulldogs, 78-71.

Fellow freshman Chucky Jeffery tied a career high with 19, junior Brittany Spears added 15 and senior Bianca Smith came off the bench to contribute 10.

Jeffery also tied her career best in assists (nine of CU's 18) and steals (five of CU's 11) and collected seven rebounds.

"To tell you the truth, I didn't even think about (her scoreless Saturday)," Malcolm-Peck said. "In the game, I wasn't thinking, 'Oh, I've got to score,' or anything like that.

"I definitely have to focus on finishing around the basket and knocking down shots and tonight, rebounding. (But) going scoreless is always an extra push just to finish your shots . . . I had been struggling with my shot, so it was good to see some go down."

CU finished the non-conference portion of its schedule with a 10-3 record, including a 9-1 mark at the Coors Events Center. Yale lost its fifth consecutive game and fell to 4-8.

The Buffs open Big 12 Conference play Saturday against Missouri (Events Center, noon, FSN), and maybe that was part of their early problem - Yale being sandwiched between Saturday's encounter with No. 23 Virginia (a 74-59 loss) and the league opener.

Read on...

Even more impressive to me was that M. Malcom-Peck started off the game in the same shooting funk she had been in against Virginia but turned it around during the game and ended up with that career high 19.

I think both the men's and women's teams are having the same problem this year ..... if they only had a good post player they could be a pretty darn good team.

Back