What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: Hosting Colgate in a must win game tonight

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
After a discouraging trip to the USC tournament that resulted in an 0-2 record and a meltdown loss to Dayton in the finale, the Buffs return home tonight with 2 games to try to get things back on track ahead of Big 12 play.

Buffs are 7-4 with Colgate in Coors tonight and then we host North Dakota at the Keg on January 4th.

9-4 would keep us in the hunt for the post-season. I'm worried that those losses to Denver and Illinois are going to come back to haunt us, though.

ESPN has us up 50-26 with a little over 14 minutes to go.

Feeling some relief. We needed this one and we needed it as a confidence builder.

Question for some of our WBB experts.

How significant is it for the Buffs to get Chelsea Dale back and integrated into the rotation?

Do you see the NIT as still being a possibility for this team?

(For those who don't know, we've had a short bench of like 7 or 8 players available all season and Dale was academically ineligible during the fall semester. She had 16 points tonight.)

Although I'm no expert, I probably am one of the WBB supporters Nik is referring to so I'll give my opinion.

Getting Chelsea Dale back on the court and comfortable and producing in the flow of the offense is HUGE for this team. Her first games of the year were the 2 in Cali before Christmas and she wasn't that productive since she had to get the feel of playing in a real game for the first time in Coach Lappe's offense. Since then she has had several serious practice sessions, including a couple of two-a-days earlier this week. You saw the results last night when she scored 16 points in 17 minutes off the bench, granted against a weak team. This is huge, IMO, because it could give the Buffs a third consistent scorer. So far, if either Spears or Jeffrey has an off night, the team has not had anyone else as a reliable third option. Also, gives the defense more to think about when more players are capable of scoring in double figures. They can't just concentrate on shutting down Spears.

They played with only 8 healthy players, 3 of whom were freshmen, prior to Dale being eligible. Getting another experienced player on the floor gives them the "luxury" of having one experienced player on the bench.

As for NIT possibilities, assuming they beat North Dakota next week (which should be a foregone conclusion), they will be 8-4 against division 1 teams going into conference play. They would have to win 7 of the 16 conference games to be at .500 after the Big 12 tournament. Can they do that? Only if they keep improving. Right now I'd guess they only are looking at possibly 4 or 5 conference wins. Unfortunately, those loses to Denver and Illinois could come back to bite them when it comes to NIT eligibility.

Back