What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB hosting San Jose State

Ah, now espn updates bench scoring. Huggins with 12 on 4/7 triples. So, we couldn't stop them at all, but we put up 97...

Buffs are now 6-1 on the year.

As we've been saying, "win while you learn".

That's quite a score!

If SJSU took a shot with more less than 25 seconds on the shot clock it meant they were not able to play their style :). Seriously, they really look to shoot early in each possession and take a lot of treys. It was really difficult for CU to defend much of the time. And looking at their (SJSU's) other box scores this was on par.

In OT it was Lexy's free throws that ended up sealing the win.

Buffs are now 6-1 on the year.

As we've been saying, "win while you learn".

And there is a lot of learning to be done if they truly aspire to make the NCAA trourney. Inconsistent rebounding (primarily in the second half), inability to defend the perimeter shot early in each possession and turnovers were all issues tonight and as far as I can tell these issues have been there in other game as well this season - as well as least season.

On the other hand, CU had some terrific individual performances on offense. I can't say enough about Haley Smith. She is consistent and reliable with her shots. Not only does she get her feet set every time, she seems to always take a shot that is in the context of offense. From the end of last season to know she is hands down CU's most improved player.

Jamee Swan was terrific as well. She had to play with lost of fouls late and the game and was still able to take several charges. There were times in the second half when her rebounding and scoring were carrying the team.

At this point the parts seem better than the whole. Team defense isn't consistent and there are still too many unforced turnovers.

Agree about the parts being better than the hole.

I will see them again in person on Sunday. Iowa lives by the 3 this season. If they don't guard Iowa's 3 point shooting than they did San Jose State's 3 point shooting, they won't win in Carver Hawkeye.

Lexy had ice in her veins down the stretch shooting those free throws.

Desiree Harris has officially left the team for "personal reasons". Somebody on twitter said it was buried in the notes. I wished Desiree well. Sorry to see her go, but she hadn't seen a minute of action this entire season.

What was with the Friday morning gametime? Was it a special event of some kind? Can't imagine that there were very many people there to watch.

What was with the Friday morning gametime? Was it a special event of some kind? Can't imagine that there were very many people there to watch.
It was "community day". I wasn't there because of "work". But I heard there were a bunch of middle schoolers and stuff , so That's legit

Agree about the parts being better than the hole.

I will see them again in person on Sunday. Iowa lives by the 3 this season. If they don't guard Iowa's 3 point shooting than they did San Jose State's 3 point shooting, they won't win in Carver Hawkeye.

I'll be blunt, if CU plays as they have defensively for a good part of this season they won't win at Iowa tomorrow. Iowa may not be as athletic as SJSU but they love the perimeter and will be rarin' to go after getting blasted at Louisville on Thursday. Like the Spartans, the Hawkeyes love the trey and outside of their post player they are aren't brimming with height. So Jen and Jamee will be challenged to guard the away from the basket.

Last season CU won the match-up 90-87 in Boulder. IIRC the Buffs had a good lead which they weren't able to hold on to over the last several minutes of the game.

I'll be blunt, if CU plays as they have defensively for a good part of this season they won't win at Iowa tomorrow. Iowa may not be as athletic as SJSU but they love the perimeter and will be rarin' to go after getting blasted at Louisville on Thursday. Like the Spartans, the Hawkeyes love the trey and outside of their post player they are aren't brimming with height. So Jen and Jamee will be challenged to guard the away from the basket.

Last season CU won the match-up 90-87 in Boulder. IIRC the Buffs had a good lead which they weren't able to hold on to over the last several minutes of the game.

I'm hoping for a win, but not really expecting one. It's a road game and the Buffs are not known for playing well on the road. I am sure Lisa Bluder has had her team working hard since getting blown out by Louisville. They shot 6% from 3 point land. That isn't going to happen the rest of the season. I remember Iowa's comeback in the second half last year in Boulder and how they almost won.

Now if I can just find Carver Hawkeye Arena. :huh:

Back