1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBB in Italy

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by MarkW, Aug 17, 2013.

1. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

WBB won the first of their three games in Italy 80-47. Doesn't seem the opposition was formidable, but it's still important for the younger players in particular to get playing time in games.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209180060

Leading scorers were freshmen Bri Watts and Haley Smith.

2. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Good start for the team. A couple things jump out looking at that box score: 1. Three point shooting bad but maybe we can attribute most of that to the fact that the three point line is deeper than here in the states. 2. The freshmen need to improve their free throw shooting. Especially Bri Watts. As a post player and a big girl she will likely find herself at the line a lot and shooting at 50% won't be what's needed. 3. Nice to see 5 players in double figures in points. 4. Also everyone got good minutes with all healthy players getting at least 10 minutes and none more than 21. 5. The opponent was an "all-star" team. I think it shows that this is not a group that regularly plays together in their lack of assists.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That 50% on FTs from Bri doesn't bother me much for 35 minutes. Getting to the line is more important than making a high %. But if she wants to be on the court in those last 5 minutes of a close game, she better set a goal of getting that over 65%.

I really like how unselfish and deep this team is this early in the process. I think Linda's going to be able to extend pressure & defensive intensity this season to take an already good defense to the next level.

4. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

5. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

What kind of surgery did Arielle have?

The blog about the trip sounds like they had a great time and the last game was very interesting. They ended up dividing up the team and coaches and adding Italian players and coaches to the two teams. That quarter was won by two free throws by Brittany Wilson.