1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBB: Julian Assibey promoted to assistant coach

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[tweet]613426348992761856[/tweet]

Assibey was hired last year as the Video Coordinator for the program.

Bio

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

who is he replacing?

3. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

He seemed very supportive and enthusiastic last season. It will be interesting to see how well he coaches and recruits. Looking at his bio, he has no D1 coaching experience, so there is no track record of him recruiting at the level CU needs. It seems that Lappe is familiar with him from her time at Metro State.

And they need to pick up the recruiting - this season's freshmen look to be very good, now the staff has to continue with another group as good or better. Some of the competition has got a jump on the Buffs, including Oregon who seems to have gotten verbals from a couple of players CU apparently was interested in.

5. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Every summer I read about all the verbals from other schools and none for the Buffs I once tweeted about why don't I see any CU verbals and got a response that we can't comment. I know officially CU can't comment, but searching online doesn't produce much in the way of verbals either

I hope Lappe didn't have to promote Julian because it's so late in the hiring season or it will be one and done. Does help much with player development or recruiting, both of which need to improve.

6. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

With verbals, I think if we search enough we can find them - once a player actually makes one. Prospect Nation tweets verbals, they did this with CU commit Bria Rice. I know that the school can't official comment until the player has signed, so expect nothing from CU until the signing period in November.