What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB playing in preseason WNIT

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
The Buffaloes, led by fifth-year head coach Linda Lappe, will be guaranteed three games in the event which opens with the first round, Nov. 14-15. Round two will be played Nov. 16-17; semifinals will be Nov. 19-20; and the championship, televised live on the CBS Sports Network, is set for Sunday, Nov. 23, at 1 p.m. MT.

Teams that lose in the first two rounds will play consolation games on Nov. 21-22. All games are hosted by participating schools. The official tournament bracket with first round opponents, game dates and times will be announced in June.

FIElD: Albany, Arkansas State, Central Arkansas, COLORADO, Eastern Kentucky, Jackson State, Mercer, Mississippi State, North Dakota, Penn State, Rider, Seton Hall, St. Francis Brooklyn, Towson, West Virginia, Western Kentucky.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209511971

Good tourney for the Buffs to get the season started. Hopefully end up in the opposite bracket from Penn State.

I want West Virginia in the other half ... they won the Big 12 last year.... along with Penn State. If we miss those two, I like our chances of at least making the final four.

Agree with BeBe. I'd like a shot at West Virginia and Penn State, but in the Final Four, not in an early round.

Bracket released today:
http://www.womensnit.com/photos/bracket42.pdf
West Virginia in the other half of the bracket but PSU in the same half as the Buffs. If both CU and PSU win their first two rounds, they will meet in the semis. CU opens playing North Dakota in Boulder on 11/15.

That's not a bad draw. It looks like PSU is the 1 seed and CU is the 4 seed. At least I think. For those of you with more in-depth knowledge of WBB, do you think CU gets a 2nd round home game over W Kentucky if both of us advance?

The WNIT doesn't say how it determines who will be the home team. They don't announce seeding tho that is obviously taken into consideration when the bracket is created, as you can see by the placement in this bracket of PSU, CU, and UWV. They claim not to base it on attendance but that seems to be a big factor if you look at how brackets unfold. Maybe that's an indirect indicator and they base it on $$ offered by the schools and the school that expects to have a higher attendance will offer more $. Don't really know. But from what we have seen so far, I would say CU has a good chance of hosting in round 2 (assuming they win round 1) as long as we get a good crowd out to support the team in the first round.

Back