1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBB recruiting: busy July on tap

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. NWD Buff

NWD Buff Club Sandwich Club Member

Is it too early to say that there seems to be a little more energy around the program under JR Payne? It's like they brought in a whole staff of Chiaverinis.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Lots of positive energy is the first impression I have.

Seems to be more focused on recruiting, too. With 2 open spots right now (current roster is at 13 instead of the 15 max) and 4 players graduating, Payne has an opportunity to completely reshape the roster for 2017-18. That's a very big deal, so it's great to see that they are really getting after it hard.

4. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Very interesting geography - lots of regions/states WBB hasn't recruited before, such as the southeast.

Certainly this staff is showing much more enthusiasm in the recruiting department than the previous staff. They seem to understand how important it is for the program - it really is the foundation.

Looking at the map and counting the locations makes me think it's a mixture of the classes of '17 & '18.

Looking at the map there is a player from Colorado. Wonder who it is?

5. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

All the locations on the map do not necessarily mean they are recruiting players from that exact area. There are many "viewing period" tournaments going on during July. Teams from many areas may all be in one location for a tourney. For example : This is a tourney in Nashville that has teams from New York, Missouri, Ohio, Alabama, California, etc.

TDforTD likes this.
  6. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

The staff can stay with me when they are in Iowa! I know the previous staff was after a player from here so will have to see what happens.

I am expecting good things to come from this recruiting month!

7. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Annika Jank has recommitted.

Goose, 14er and TDforTD like this.