1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBB Season Preview Event - Oct 23rd

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

upload_2016-9-28_10-30-24.png

2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Very cool. Should be a great event for those in the area. I may try to head up for that.

3. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

It's when these events happen that I really hate living in Iowa.

4. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

And I wish I didn't have something already scheduled, thus I will be dependent on those present for details.

In the past - 20 years ago - these events were a regular part of the the calendar. Every November Ceal & Co. would host the fans at venue on campus. The guests would be seated at tables with a player or coach. There would be speeches, etc., and time to chat with the players. Glad to see this is making a comeback.

5. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

To me this sounds more like the intro sessions that Lappe had for each of the past few years not the type of event Ceal had. With Lappe, first there was coffee and deserts to munch on then each new player was introduced to the audience by a female faculty / staff person that had been paired up with the player earlier in the evening. Then Lappe talked about the team and the outlook for the season.

buffgal likes this.
  6. buffgal

I liked the way Ceal did the pre-season event. I lived away from Boulder for 2 seasons in the early 2000's. My first season back, the pre-season event was held at Coors and Ceal was quite proud of the remodeled locker rooms and took me on a tour herself. She thought I had seen them before, but I never had. She was surprised because I had been going to games since before Coors existed. That didn't get me in the locker room.

7. buffgal

Sounds like this type of event to me also. I preferred Ceal's way of doing this.

8. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Any idea if they'll do another open scrimmage like they did last year? My boys really had fun at that.