What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are going to rotate Olinemen in the opener

I don't have rivals access, so I can't see what was actually said, and I hate Hawk, but I'll play wait and see on how this actually works.

I'm good with rotating guys in and out during drives, but if we come out with different front every other drive I will poop myself.

I was just starting to drink the kool aid of a new season and the hope that the coaching staff had learned from past mistakes and that we were finally gonna figure out how to build continuity and win some games. And I guess we'll see how this plays out, but it pretty much puts me back to square one of wondering if this staff has any idea on what they're doing and takes away a lot of the hope I had.

I have no issue with taking a guy out when he's gassed. But to rotate them on some kind of set schedule is lunacy. An offensive line needs cohesion. Each of those guys needs to know exactly what the other four are doing on every play.

I'm hoping against hope that I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I need to. Unfortunately, with all the lame-brained dumbassery that has come out of Hawkins the last four years, I have a hard time believing this isn't just another in a long line of comically stupid ideas.

Sure, some teams rotate. But I have never seen one team with so many "experienced" OL have such trouble settling on a solid five. This has happened EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

And I'm sorry, but we keep on hearing that Keenan Stevens graded out highly last season and had really entrenched himself as the starting center. Now he is rotating with Daniels? LOL

Sure, some teams rotate. But I have never seen one team with so many "experienced" OL have such trouble settling on a solid five. This has happened EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

And I'm sorry, but we keep on hearing that Keenan Stevens graded out highly last season and had really entrenched himself as the starting center. Now he is rotating with Daniels? LOL

i wonder how many other Rimington finalists (Stevens) will be rotating with their #2....?

Stevens rotating sure baffles me. I hope its just cause daniels is a bad ass... but stevens is supposedly solid. injuries?

I know teams rotate at times and I dont have a problem with it as long as it's known who the first team guys are. Im just hoping we arent changing olinemen for specific plays during a drive, thats too damn gimmicky.

I know teams rotate at times and I dont have a problem with it as long as it's known who the first team guys are. Im just hoping we arent changing olinemen for specific plays during a drive, thats too damn gimmicky.

It also tips off the defense. Amazing that Hawkins has never quite figured out that his player "groupings" are nothing more than tip-offs for the opposition.

Things are looking up for this game. I feel a QB rotation may be in the mix too, oh that would be wonderful :lol:

So now what is the over/under on

- Delay of game?
- Off sides?
- Too many men on the field?
- Pressuring the QB & sacks?

And will the juggernaut WR corps and speedy WR make up for those lost yards?

i wonder how many other Rimington finalists (Stevens) will be rotating with their #2....?

Honestly, I expected some rotation at LG. No one has locked down that spot for three years running now. I even expected some rotation at RT with Givens being hobbled by the ankle. But I just do not understand Stevens being rotated, unless the coaches have been blowing smoke up our asses about the guy all offseason.

It is also interesting to note that he mentioned "games" not "game" when talking about rotating. At some point, it seems to me, you make a decision.

Honestly, I expected some rotation at LG. No one has locked down that spot for three years running now. I even expected some rotation at RT with Givens being hobbled by the ankle. But I just do not understand Stevens being rotated, unless the coaches have been blowing smoke up our asses about the guy all offseason.

It is also interesting to note that he mentioned "games" not "game" when talking about rotating. At some point, it seems to me, you make a decision.

THIS.

All of this "position grouping" "rotation" bull**** has always smelled to me a bit of a staff that can't make a ****ing decision and stick to it. I guess in my mind this kind of seals the deal, since Denver basically admitted as much with his "nobody really stands out" comments. How about you pick 5 that you think are the best, put them out there as a unit, let them work together and see what happens? If somebody doesn't perform, then you can make a change. But this treating them like interchangeable puzzle pieces is just horse****.

This is also a very big reason why I have no real trust that Hansen will really be allowed to be THE guy at QB this year.

I hear what everybody is saying here, its a good discussion btw. The fact we dont have a clear cut 5 at the most important part of an offense, what does that tell us? That gets me very much worried.

You would think that they would be evaluating each and every lineman on every play the same way they SAID they were doing with Hansen and Hawkins. I have a hard time believing that the big five haven't surfaced. Hawkins and his pals are used douches and they ARE the definition of insanity.

Post Game Interview:

Reporter: Coach, tell us your thoughts on the play of the O-Line?

Hawk: Well, it was one of those deals. We just never seemed to find any rythm. We saw some good things on the drive just before half when we were driving to cut the lead in half but then got hurt with the false starts and killed that drive.

Reporter: 12 penalties for 95 yards. 8 of those penalties were false starts. Any reason for that you pin things on?

Hawk: Well, its the little things again. I talked about not getting into a rythm and that was part of that deal. We had not had one single false start all week in practice so, we thought we were go to go there. The kids just have to get thier heads in the game more. We will work to get that chinched up.

Reporter: Coach, you speak of failing to get into a rythm, especially on the O-Line. What are your thoughts about the rotation of the line and the potential effects that may have had on not finding a groove along the line?

Hawk: Well, I dont think it had any effect. If you have kids, you will know that one week you can have the 6 year old take out the trash and the next your 8 year old can do it and its all fine. Trash is out, trash man picks it up. Simple. Same thing here. But, some have never had kids and just dont understand that. The kids need to work on getting the trash to the curb next week. When they get it there, I think things will pop!

Reporter:

Hawk: Well, time for me to go. Bohn said I had to have my stuff out of Dal Ward by 8 a.m.

Equal playing time for everybody so each player is given a fair chance to play in front of their friends and family and demonstrate their skills to the NFL scouts.

Reporter: 12 penalties for 95 yards. 8 of those penalties were false starts. Any reason for that you pin things on?

That is one f-ed up sentence. If reporters are asking questions like that no wonder Hawk sounds so clueless sometimes.

Equal playing time for everybody so each player is given a fair chance to play in front of their friends and family and demonstrate their skills to the NFL scouts.
I guess if it was the Little League World Series it would make a **** lol.

This is so ****ing stupid. Again, they keep doing the same stupid **** over and over . Look, you have solder,miller,givens and stevens, pick a guard wether it's adkins or whoever and go with it.

Rotating guys in will give them no rythym, more penalties. How dumb are these people?

OK, since all I have to go on is:

"Denver Johnson has a good problem. The Buffaloes' second-year offensive line coach has more than five capable starters in his group. So while Johnson knows which offensive linemen will be on the field for the first offensive snap of the 2010 season, he does not know which five will finish the game. Read on for more."

and don't subsribe to Rivals, what the hell did he say exactly that has you guys so bent out of shape? Did he say he was going to substitute every down? Every series? Once in a while to give a guy a breather? When Hawkins tells him to? WTF? I think you guys are WAY overblowing this. But then, I'm no coach! :wink2:

OK, since all I have to go on is:

"Denver Johnson has a good problem. The Buffaloes' second-year offensive line coach has more than five capable starters in his group. So while Johnson knows which offensive linemen will be on the field for the first offensive snap of the 2010 season, he does not know which five will finish the game. Read on for more."

and don't subsribe to Rivals, what the hell did he say exactly that has you guys so bent out of shape? Did he say he was going to substitute every down? Every series? Once in a while to give a guy a breather? When Hawkins tells him to? WTF? I think you guys are WAY overblowing this. But then, I'm no coach! :wink2:

What has everyone bent out of shape about OL rotations? Have you watched our OL the last few seasons? The rotations have not worked... period. Explain to me how we are still searching for a LG? That position has been a revolving door for three seasons now. Also, explain how rotating at center makes any sense when all we have heard all offseason is about great Stevens was in 2009.

BTW, what has Denver Johnson accomplished to give him any benefit of the doubt?

(Hint: same old ****, different year)

What has everyone bent out of shape about OL rotations? Have you watched our OL the last few seasons? The rotations have not worked... period. Explain to me how we are still searching for a LG? That position has been a revolving door for three seasons now. Also, explain how rotating at center makes any sense when all we have heard all offseason is about great Stevens was in 2009.

(Hint: same old ****, different year)[/QUOTE

Denver Johnson has done nothing. There are some talented and big OL he's had the opportunity to coach and here we are in 2010 and still rotating? It makes no sense.

(Hint: same old ****, different year)
And what have YOU accomplished that I should listen to you? :smile2:

Hey, I asked a question. What did the "article" say?

What has everyone bent out of shape about OL rotations?

I think that's DBT's point. Does DJ use the term "rotation" in the article? Does anybody? If he does is it at all clear what he means? Maybe someone with a Rivals sub could illuminate us?

Post Game Interview:

Reporter: Coach, tell us your thoughts on the play of the O-Line?

Hawk: Well, it was one of those deals. We just never seemed to find any rythm. We saw some good things on the drive just before half when we were driving to cut the lead in half but then got hurt with the false starts and killed that drive.

Hawk: Well, its the little things again. I talked about not getting into a rythm and that was part of that deal. We had not had one single false start all week in practice so, we thought we were go to go there. The kids just have to get thier heads in the game more. We will work to get that chinched up.

Reporter: Coach, you speak of failing to get into a rythm, especially on the O-Line. What are your thoughts about the rotation of the line and the potential effects that may have had on not finding a groove along the line?

Hawk: Well, I dont think it had any effect. If you have kids, you will know that one week you can have the 6 year old take out the trash and the next your 8 year old can do it and its all fine. Trash is out, trash man picks it up. Simple. Same thing here. But, some have never had kids and just dont understand that. The kids need to work on getting the trash to the curb next week. When they get it there, I think things will pop!

Reporter:

Hawk: Well, time for me to go. Bohn said I had to have my stuff out of Dal Ward by 8 a.m.

:lol:

The article quotes DJ as saying both Adkins/Iltis will play at LG, Stevens/Daniels at C, and Bahktiari/Givens at RT. He goes on to say that they will all get work and see if anyone separates themselves. He also says they will be evaluated in "games," not just the CSU game. So while he does not say "rotation," not sure what else you can call it.

Back