What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are seeing our Buffs being rebuilt

I don't think Lindgren is getting enough praise here. He is calling great games in my mind and has his offense in spots to make plays. I've seen enough from this offense to think we can be a top tier offense in 2015. Oline is also improved and I think we could be better in 2015 with addition of a couple bigger Guards. Let's hope they improve that run game over the off season and we could see a good to great offense. The key will be our QB play. Can't keep making the same mental and timely mistakes we have seen the last 8 or so weeks.

I'm not sure what to think of the D. If Bell and Awuzie come back healthy next year, we could have a stronger defensive backfield than this year. I've seen some improvement in our DE position and will have the same stable of DT's next year. The key will be to stay healthy at the Dline position. Nothing great but could be a solid unit.

Now to the position I am scared to death about. Linebackers. We have to find something here. I'm not sure if that means a ready to go JUCO or freshman, but we need an infusion of talent here. No way around it. Have to make it happen for this defense to take a step forward.

Saying all that, I think we have the right head coach. I'm excited for the future and 2015. I think Mac's rebuild is on schedule, although the wins have to start coming in 2015. No excuses.
Great point about Lindgren. He has called great games, broken CU records and kept us in games. I'm afraid he may take a HC job somewhere in the next few years. Unless he's happy as OC, then I see him staying.

The OL is the most improved unit on the squad. I can't believe the progress...fewest sacks allowed, much improved running game. These guys got it going on.

Why we need two guys to coach the secondary when we take three pi calls on one possession because our db's don't turn around and play the ball is beyond me. Neinas needs to go for sure, and I wonder about the secondary coaches. I'd like a full time QB coach the more I watch Sefo. I think he can benefit from it.

Would have to can MacIntyre and one of our best recruiters in LaRussa...

This. I think we win 5 next year. I'm looking for 2016 to go bowling...lots of seniors and not such a brutal home schedule.
No. 2015 is the year MacIntyre needs to earn his paycheck. Beat Wazzu on the road. Beat Furd at home. Find one more win. Anything less is unacceptable.

LaRussa is coaching DE's. I would be more than fine upgrading Clark however

From phone

No. 2015 is the year MacIntyre needs to earn his paycheck. Beat Wazzu on the road. Beat Furd at home. Find one more win. Anything less is unacceptable.
He is not going to be fired if he goes 6-7, so what does unacceptable mean?

He is not going to be fired if he goes 6-7, so what does unacceptable mean?
He's not going anywhere if he wins 4. He's our guy and I'd hate to see the rebuild stopped with a firing next year. Besides, we can't afford a buy out.

I agree we're going in the right direction, finally.

It's tough when patience has to be measured in years, though.

I think we have our coach now we need our recruiting to improve. Simple.

I'd love to see a turnover-forcing defensive mind brought in to help teach those skills. Think Lovie Smith style (not him personally, just the idea of forcing turnovers). The Buffs actually remind me of the Bears defenses of the mid 2000s with the bend, but don't break style (give up a lot of yards, but decent in the red zone). They need to do something, and this is something they could really focus on during the spring and not have to change up philosophies.

I'd love to see a turnover-forcing defensive mind brought in to help teach those skills. Think Lovie Smith style (not him personally, just the idea of forcing turnovers). The Buffs actually remind me of the Bears defenses of the mid 2000s with the bend, but don't break style (give up a lot of yards, but decent in the red zone). They need to do something, and this is something they could really focus on during the spring and not have to change up philosophies.

108th in redzone defense says otherwise.

We bend AND break. 2/3rds of the time they are scoring a TD. The other times they are kicking a fg. Only 2 RZ possesions that resulted in no points.

Most here know my frustration with the the progress (W-L) this year. However, I like what I see from the team in many ways. Would be so so huge to go into the off-season with a home win against Utah.

Most here know my frustration with the the progress (W-L) this year. However, I like what I see from the team in many ways. Would be so so huge to go into the off-season with a home win against Utah.

I respect this post. I think this represents how most of us feel about the year. We can beat Utah, and we will beat Utah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

108th in redzone defense says otherwise.

We bend AND break. 2/3rds of the time they are scoring a TD. The other times they are kicking a fg. Only 2 RZ possesions that resulted in no points.

I said remind, and anyway, that thought wasn't the point I was making, thanks for nitpicking :). I don't disagree, and you're right, our overall red zone defense stinks. I guess I was just looking to gloss things over a bit - oops. Here's the stat that supports my point:

We are ranked 121st in interceptions. We need to do something about that, especially in the pass-happy Pac-12.

Last edited:

Even with your frustrations about the lack of winning you have been fair about seeing improvements.

After so long without the reward it is hard to take another year of loss after loss. In some ways it is much more frustrating because this year we are seeing games that we could have won so we get emotionally invested.

We are rebuilding, we are getting better, it is however a slower process than most of us want to see. No instant gratification.

I do expect us to be better next year. I don't expect us to be that much better though so many will be frustrated again.

It took a long time for our program to rot to the core like it has, it is going to take time to build it back up again.

This is a scrape off and replace job, not a fresh coat of paint and some new curtains deal.

We're getting better, but we're not good.

Almost every team in the South is getting better, too, and the argument could easily made that they're getting better faster than we are.

Everybody talks about 2015, but we will be outmanned in the vast majority of the games we play next year - including CSU.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just trying to level out the discussion.

I said remind, and anyway, that thought wasn't the point I was making, thanks for nitpicking :). I don't disagree, and you're right, our overall red zone defense stinks. I guess I was just looking to gloss things over a bit - oops. Here's the stat that supports my point:

We are ranked 121st in interceptions. We need to do something about that, especially in the pass-happy Pac-12.

Yup, our defense can't force turnovers. How many fumbles have we had this year? 3?

The argument that CSU outmans us is a funny one

No argument. Statement of fact. In case you haven't seen them play, their OL, RBs, TEs, and QB are better. So is their DL and LBs sans Gillam.

What sucks is that their 2nd string QB is better than Sefo.

Last edited:
No argument. Statement of fact. In case you haven't seen them play, their OL, RBs, TEs, and QB are better. So is their DL and LB sans Gillam.

What sucks is that their 2nd string QB is better than Sefo.
You know what's funny? Those guys won't be there next year. And lol at saying their second string QB, who has only played against MWC competition is better than Sefo

Back