What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are seeing our Buffs being rebuilt

You know what's funny? Those guys won't be there next year. And lol at saying their second string QB, who has only played against MWC competition is better than Sefo

You said that about their OL before the season. Then they proceeded to run down our throats

You can make all the arguments about talent that you want to.

For right now there is one huge difference. They know how to win games and we don't. Until we can turn that around we have to worry about playing them, and anyone else.

You know what's funny? Those guys won't be there next year. And lol at saying their second string QB, who has only played against MWC competition is better than Sefo

Except that he played against the same Hawaii team that Sefo struggled against and rolled.

I would love to see him play against UW or UCLA or ASU

Do you think he'd turn the ball over and lose? Because that's what Sefo did.

Look, I'm as much a Buff fan as you and I want to believe the same thing you want to believe. The problem is that I'm constricted by this niggling thing called reality.

Do you think he'd turn the ball over and lose? Because that's what Sefo did.

Look, I'm as much a Buff fan as you and I want to believe the same thing you want to believe. The problem is that I'm constricted by this niggling thing called reality.
I bet he wouldn't do **** against those defenses

You can make all the arguments about talent that you want to.

For right now there is one huge difference. They know how to win games and we don't. Until we can turn that around we have to worry about playing them, and anyone else.

Spot on. CU has developed a losing culture and we are seeing signs of that turning around. HCMM will continue to make progress, but overcoming that losing culture is priority number one. That's why we have heard all the talk about "finishing" and "complete games". The team has to figure out how to eliminate mental lapses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of improvement, and things have grinded forward. I am all in with this program in terms of time, money, and heart.

However.... It is easy to observe..... We cannot continue to hand the ball to the other team, resulting in scores, ranking us 112th in D 1, ..... And expect to win a Pac 12 game.

We will beat a PAC 12 team, when we are in the plus category on turnovers. Look forward to that day. Go Buffs!

Seriously?

We are building a foundation. It isn't realistic to expect huge pickups right now. Think last years class is an example of what to expect this year. Majority of projects with a couple guys who can step in right away (ala Fields). We will have to wait and see how well they evaluate talent.

It'd be awesome to be competing with USC for recruits, but you have to compete on the field first.

It'd be awesomer to be competing with any P12 school in recruiting, but that just isn't realistic at this time.

We are building a foundation. It isn't realistic to expect huge pickups right now. Think last years class is an example of what to expect this year. Majority of projects with a couple guys who can step in right away (ala Fields). We will have to wait and see how well they evaluate talent.

It'd be awesome to be competing with USC for recruits, but you have to compete on the field first.

USC, huh? What about Oregon State? Or Udub? Or WSU? Or Arizona? Or Utah? Take USC, Oregon and Stanford out of that discussion for now. No one is suggesting we can compete with them. NOBODY.

USC, huh? What about Oregon State? Or Udub? Or WSU? Or Arizona? Or Utah? Take USC, Oregon and Stanford out of that discussion for now. No one is suggesting we can compete with them. NOBODY.

This argument is almost as old as DBT.

I would think the secondary would be much better at getting interceptions considering they practice against Sefo.

Actually, it makes sense that the secondary has a hard time getting INTs. They're not used to a QB who can make more than one read and actually look off a defense.

Most here know my frustration with the the progress (W-L) this year. However, I like what I see from the team in many ways. Would be so so huge to go into the off-season with a home win against Utah.
It would change perception of all these close losses to win one at the end. Utah is good, much better than we are, but if we can catch some breaks at home, we could sneak a victory to end the season.

Their defense is as good as any in the PAC 12, but a poor offense (They have not scored more than 30 points against P5 competition this year) means the chance for a tight, one score game that could go either.

Last edited:

Was just making a point that it'd be great if we were recruiting better. That said, you can grow a program by developing guys. I trust HCMM's evaluation more than Rivals, Scout, etc when it comes to 2*/3* players. No question the 4*/5* are generally great players (hence the USC reference) despite the fact that many of our 4*/5* guys have washed out or under-performed in the past decade.

This argument is almost as old as DBT.

As long as people keep making ridiculous statements like "we can't expect to be competing with USC", or "which 4* or 5* player is going to want to come here? " then they need to be reminded.

Was just making a point that it'd be great if we were recruiting better. That said, you can grow a program by developing guys. I trust HCMM's evaluation more than Rivals, Scout, etc when it comes to 2*/3* players. No question the 4*/5* are generally great players (hence the USC reference) despite the fact that many of our 4*/5* guys have washed out or under-performed in the past decade.

I disagree, I don't believe you can effectively grow a program with classes in the 80s, not in this conference. Mac seems like he can coach, but there are a lot of goods coaches in this conference.

As long as people keep making ridiculous statements like "we can't expect to be competing with USC", or "which 4* or 5* player is going to want to come here? " then they need to be reminded.

LMAO. Thanks for the reminder. Guess I didn't know that we weren't pursuing all the 4*/5* guys wanting to come to CU. No question we should be competing with USC right now - I mean what kid in SoCal wouldn't want to go to CU when we've been a laughing stock for the last five years.

I know we should be recruiting top-25. And we will. But at the current moment in time, it's not smart to take a large amount of risks, we need upperclassmen in the worst way.

Mac turned around a horrible Duke defense and a horrific SJSU program. I'm going to trust the man who has spent his entire life around the game of football and has proven results. I know, crazy, right??

I can buy into the foundation thing. In fact, I think it's probably the only way we dig out of the hole we're in. Fans, almost by definition, are an impatient lot. We want results and we want them now. That ship sailed when we kept Hawkins an extra year and then doubled down on stupid with the Embree hire. The only way out of this is to build slowly.

That said, it would be refreshing to get a few recruiting wins. This class is shaping up to have 2-3 impact players and a lot of role players. That isn't a recipe for long term success. Basically, it means we need about 8 of the "role players" - guys like Sewall and Tuiloma - to be something more than the experts predict. That can happen with 2-3 players per class, but depending on it for 8 players is not realistic. There's a glaring need for a new coach on special teams. There will be a lot of very solid assistant coaches who can recruit available in another month or so. We need to make that change.

Mac turned around a horrible Duke defense and a horrific SJSU program. I'm going to trust the man who has spent his entire life around the game of football and has proven results. I know, crazy, right??

Hawkins was the winningest coach in D1 when we hired him. Enough ****ing excuses. There is no reason that we cant recruit against other P5 teams. Not elite teams, but P5 teams.

LMAO. Thanks for the reminder. Guess I didn't know that we weren't pursuing all the 4*/5* guys wanting to come to CU. No question we should be competing with USC right now - I mean what kid in SoCal wouldn't want to go to CU when we've been a laughing stock for the last five years.

I don't think you're getting it. NO ONE on this board is suggesting we should be competing with USC for recruits or pulling in 4* and 5* players, no one. You're arguing with no one.

I know we should be recruiting top-25. And we will. But at the current moment in time, it's not smart to take a large amount of risks, we need upperclassmen in the worst way.

Who's saying we need to take a bunch of risks? And you're suggesting only highly ranked kids are risks - Isaac Miller was a risk, Hasselbach was a risk, Connor Center was a risk, Jay McIntyre was a risk.

Back