What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We As A Group Have Given Up

all this apathy and disinterest is part of the admins and City of Boulder's plan to effectively kill football at dear ol' CU.

WE are letting it happen, only a concerted effort appealing to the Regents with facts showing that a good athletics program is essential to attract top students to a 2nd tier public university. (I mean we are not Ivy league, and many other schools have better academics and still have better athletics)

We cant let these a ssholes win! write the regents and show that support and donation are directly linked to their support to the CFB team. WE need to be public about it. Especially when they come up for re-election. We need to appeal to the Governor, it's supposed to be the state's flagship university after all.

If no action, especially by influential donors, then we are doomed to a dead program.

The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes are being held hostage by the CU leadership

or

The pride and tradition of the Colorado Buffaloes has been destroyed by the CU leadership

I know what the final score says, but I did see improvement. The problem of course is that we need the effort for 4 quarters.

It's easy to see improvement when the team comes out like it did the first 3 games of the year. They have set the bar so low that a blowout loss (sorry, but 28 point home loss is a blowout) to a middle of the road Pac 12 team is considered improvement.

We had -37 yards rushing in the first half... sigh. In it until the 3rd... laughable.

It's actually quite remarkable how well CU fans have stuck together through this ****. Most programs would have lost the fans long, long ago. However, the breaking point is here. It's horrible, but there's no one to blame but the admin and hope that an empty stadium will make the point when apparently nothing else could.

CU has never had seven consecutive losing seasons until now. This is the low point of CU football. We've never been worse. Ever.

How many 3rd and 4's can a team not pick up in a season? How many times does out QB have to get sacked on 3rd and 4's and not even get a throw off? Earth to offensive line and Offensive Coaches, ADJUST!!!!! They are coming after Webb on that down and distance! Because every team in the damn nation knows we can't pick up a 3rd down to save our lives! Ugh, I am in full frustration desperation mode we suck so badly. And let me vent again about our linebackers, they are slow, out of position and can't tackle ever. I long for the days of Gary Barnett. There I said it. Come back Barney.

How many 3rd and 4's can a team not pick up in a season? How many times does out QB have to get sacked on 3rd and 4's and not even get a throw off? Earth to offensive line and Offensive Coaches, ADJUST!!!!! They are coming after Webb on that down and distance! Because every team in the damn nation knows we can't pick up a 3rd down to save our lives! Ugh, I am in full frustration desperation mode we suck so badly. And let me vent again about our linebackers, they are slow, out of position and can't tackle ever. I long for the days of Gary Barnett. There I said it. Come back Barney.

I've been missing him since '08 (and taking **** for it). What I'd give to be pissed at 7-5 and "only" winning a mediocre division again. The general consensus was he needed to go given the situation, but I'm not sure Bohn deserves a complete free pass (which Buff fans give him) for riding in here on his unicorn, firing Gary, and overseeing 7 years of utter **** football.

Last edited:
Don't count me in your frickin group of quitters. This program is rebuilding...an if you think firing this staff is going to solve anything you are dead wrong. Firing the staff tomorrow is not going to get more talent into the program.

This program is in a tough fix right now and it is going to be hard to be a die hard Buff fan for the rest of this season. There is no doubt you are going to have your guts ripped out a few more times if you care. But those players are going through hell also...and about the only thing they have going for them is the fans coming out and supporting them. I have gone through this twice before - and it is tough sledding for a time and it hurts. But quitting on the team does not fix it.

Don't count me in your frickin group of quitters. This program is rebuilding...an if you think firing this staff is going to solve anything you are dead wrong. Firing the staff tomorrow is not going to get more talent into the program.

This program is in a tough fix right now and it is going to be hard to be a die hard Buff fan for the rest of this season. There is no doubt you are going to have your guts ripped out a few more times if you care. But those players are going through hell also...and about the only thing they have going for them is the fans coming out and supporting them. I have gone through this twice before - and it is tough sledding for a time and it hurts. But quitting on the team does not fix it.

Presumably, if they were gone at the end of the season, in terms of the short term you are correct. However, it's pretty unclear at this point whether we're actually narrowing any gap between our Pac-12 rivals. Certainly not with this current class.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure keeping the current staff around is going to get more talent into the program either.

I still support the Buffs and I'll root for them but I'm not going to pretend like we're on the right track.

The CU Admins receive their bonuses because they're part of a richer Pac-12 deal. They've done their job - brought more money in. And if they can avoid spending more? "Greater profit margins!" This is what Baylor did for the first 15 years in the Big-12 - sucked off the conference, never contributing.

But to be REALLY like Baylor, we'll start looking back and counting the number of blow-out losses vs. total wins. Not just losses by a few points or a few TDs. But say 28- or 30-points-or-more losses. You realize, of course, this season already looks bad like that. Not even halfway finished.

Then we'll start counting the number of records other teams and other conferences set against us. That's when Embree and the CU Admin can boast about being the Next Baylor.

All we need is to have this hole dug deeper and let it sit there, longer.

"If Baylor did it in the Big-12 for fifteen, why can't we do it in our first 15 with the Pac-12? After all, every conference needs a doormat!"

There's not going to be over 45k for Arizona State. UCLA was the last game of decent attendance, thanks to Parents Weekend. As I said, by November there will be crowds in the 30s. You're already wrong. If you want to wait for it to be offically proven, that's your problem. Essentially, the breaking point has been reached. 46k for Parents Weekend tells you all you need to know.
We never had lower than 48k last year. That was the attendance for the Arizona game when we had only won ONE game. There is NOTHING in that past 20 years to suggest that we will have attendance in the low 30's even in a bad year. This is pretty much par for the course for Colorado fans and the idiot Rockies fans coming out in droves proves this. We willl easily have 45k for the Thursday night nationally televised game. Attendance will drop, but not by how you're predicting it to.

We never had lower than 48k last year. That was the attendance for the Arizona game when we had only won ONE game. There is NOTHING in that past 20 years to suggest that we will have attendance in the low 30's even in a bad year. This is pretty much par for the course for Colorado fans and the idiot Rockies fans coming out in droves proves this. We willl easily have 45k for the Thursday night nationally televised game. Attendance will drop, but not by how you're predicting it to.
The attendance will drop to the mid to low 30's. Look at last game, the attendance was heavily influenced by it being parents weekend. We don't have that luxury anymore this year. The students do not care anymore, we're all ready for basketball and students play a pretty big percentage of the total attendance.

I don't know. It may be different now with the recent history. I have pretty much lost all motivation to go up to Boulder. Ever since graduating I have gone to most every home game I could fit into my work/family/kid's activities schedule. Before kids came along, I made it to a lot of away games. Six going on seven years of watching the Buffs be everybody from Toledo, to Sac. St. to Montana St.'s whipping boy have done it for me. I can watch/listen from home. Why should I be committed? The admin. seems fine with the current state of affairs. At $50+ a seat, it seems pretty foolish to throw the hard earned money at this operation.

Go ahead and call me a bad fan, if you like. I am an alum, and have been supporting the program to the extent I have been able since 1987 when I first set foot on campus. It just isn't worth it to me anymore to sacrifice a whole Saturday loading up the fam, driving to Boulder, shelling out the dough and watching the Buffs get their collective heads kicked in with no end in sight.....

I don't know. It may be different now with the recent history. I have pretty much lost all motivation to go up to Boulder. Ever since graduating I have gone to most every home game I could fit into my work/family/kid's activities schedule. Before kids came along, I made it to a lot of away games. Six going on seven years of watching the Buffs be everybody from Toledo, to Sac. St. to Montana St.'s whipping boy have done it for me. I can watch/listen from home. Why should I be committed? The admin. seems fine with the current state of affairs. At $50+ a seat, it seems pretty foolish to throw the hard earned money at this operation.

Go ahead and call me a bad fan, if you like. I am an alum, and have been supporting the program to the extent I have been able since 1987 when I first set foot on campus. It just isn't worth it to me anymore to sacrifice a whole Saturday loading up the fam, driving to Boulder, shelling out the dough and watching the Buffs get their collective heads kicked in with no end in sight.....
your my doppelganger

I disagree. I don't think they care if they have a half-empty stadium. They get paid by the Pac 12 whether they sell 50,000 tickets or 10. What will get through to them is a drop in donations to the CU foundation.

What I'm doing, and I honestly don't care if anybody else wants to or not, is to tell the foundation that I'll give them $1,000 every year CU goes to a bowl game. No bowl - no donation.

I disagree. I don't think they care if they have a half-empty stadium. They get paid by the Pac 12 whether they sell 50,000 tickets or 10. What will get through to them is a drop in donations to the CU foundation.

What I'm doing, and I honestly don't care if anybody else wants to or not, is to tell the foundation that I'll give them $1,000 every year CU goes to a bowl game. No bowl - no donation.

Maybe. If CU starts averaging 10k less per game and you multiply that by a very low $25 per ticket (concessions included) you are looking at $250,000 in lost revenue PER GAME. That adds up really fast, and I think I am lowballing it. I don't think 40k average attendance is very far away, and last year we averaged 50k.

This is a great idea. When they call me, I will tell them, go to a bowl game and Sackman will give them $1,000. No bowl game and Sackman won't donate. I believe you are on to something here......:nod:

Again, 46k for Parents Weekend proves what is forthcoming. Attendance will drop into the 30s by November. The breaking point has been reached. Look forward to your concession.

This will drive the point home!

Back