What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We can't have nice things (XJ) - hat tip to Ryan Koenigsberg

Have the "This wouldn't have happened if Tad hadn't forced his team to stay in Boulder to work out" posts come to fruition yet? Good. Don't let them.

No they have...unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering when something awful would happen, we were overdue. It had been a few days

Starting to think some d!<khead Jayhawk put a curse on our program after Ski's buzzer beater. We need to start sacrificing live chickens or something.

For the record, timeline for renewals and upgrades was established months ago. This is absolutely entirely false.

Wrong. Last call I got from the CU ticket office asking me to renew my tickets was on 6-10-15 and 6-12-15. I can show you the phone log if you like. Not a big deal, but just seemed curious to me that they waited two weeks to release the info. I don't think XJ is the star of the team, but not having a senior around on team trying to bounce back from an awful year is usually considered a big deal.

Tad might not rule out this year but I'd seriously doubt XJ can play. Kobe is a bad comparison with anyone, he's a bit different than most, putting it lightly. Question I really have is if we'll see him play for CU again. Meh about the workouts, injuries happen, part of it.

Achilles injuries can happen for no good reason. Just a slight twist or inconsistency in a step can cause it to pop. No way can you blame Tad or the workouts because in all honesty even if XJ was home he should still have been in the gym working out.

Wrong. Last call I got from the CU ticket office asking me to renew my tickets was on 6-10-15 and 6-12-15. I can show you the phone log if you like. Not a big deal, but just seemed curious to me that they waited two weeks to release the info. I don't think XJ is the star of the team, but not having a senior around on team trying to bounce back from an awful year is usually considered a big deal.

The actual deadline was the 5th so they were doing the follow up calls with those who didn't renew before the deadline. Yesterday or two days ago I got me email with my slot to move my seats, so for some/many the change seats e-mail came after the announcement of his injury.

Wrong. What @mdelpizzo1 said. I can assure you that these deadlines were created months ago. If I remember correctly these dates were published in the physical buff club catalog that went out (to some season ticket holders) prior to football renewals. Certainly not a big deal, but also not a conspiracy based on XJs unfortunate injury.

Last edited:
XJ regressed last season & I have questions on how he affected team chemistry considering all the suspensions. This doesn't help us but I wouldn't call it a significant blow either. The timing stinks because maybe Dustin Thomas chooses to stay if he knew this.

I look forward to seeing XJ in 16-17 with a renewed passion for the game.

Last edited:
XJ regressed last season & I have questions on how he affected team chemistry considering all the suspensions. This doesn't help us but I wouldn't call it a significant blow either. The timing stinks because maybe Dustin Thomas chooses to stay if he knew this.

I look forward to seeing XJ in 16-17 with a renewed passion for the game.

I look more forward to seeing how Fletcher takes that position and hopefully runs with it.....his time to shine is now

Back