What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

we could be the only team at 9-7, when it's all over

Mick Ronson

win the next 2 and we are 9-7. Missouri has to beat KU in Columbia to get to 9-7. MU has a nice record against KU at home over the years, but i still see KU favored there. worst case ATM (Tech in Coll Station) and KSU (ISU at the Fred) will be 10-6, methinks. NU and BU have already lost 8.

tied with MU at 9-7 or alone at 9-7, i like our chances to make the NCAA.

I think if we win the next two and at least the 1st game in the tourney, then we are in.

that's what i think...with a slight dark-horse "we get screwed" angle in the mix. we are Colorado so we're not gonna get the benefit of the doubt as if our name was Syracuse or something. it's up to us to make the case for the 6th Big XII team. if we are tied with or ahead of Missouri then i think we can be optimistic. if there's a bunch of teams at 8-8, i could see the XII only send the 5. makes for textbook, easy administrative committee "thinking": face a tough decision? change up the criteria and eliminate all the possibilities (teams at 8-8), thin the pile.

All I know is that the game in Ames tonight is every bit as important and probably going to be every bit as hard as beating UT. ISU at home is just a different animal. Don't be remotely surprised if Colorado loses tonight and if they do, it is game over, barring a miracle conference tourney run. This game has me really nervous. Letdown is written all over it. Sorry for Debbie Downer, but I'm just used to being let down in b-ball. Really, really hoping to be surprised tonight.

i expect they'll hit a ton of 3's at some point, fans will be in to it.....and we'll need to collect ourselves and play our game, get some stops, get Higgins and Burks to the FT line. getting a combined 20-25 points from Levi and Dufault is always a plus for us.

I think we're going to do what we have been doing on the road lately. We'll get a pretty substantial lead with about 4 minutes left in the first half. We'll be up 15 or so.

Then the second half, we give basically all of it away, and hang on for dear life. The crowd's back in it, ISU's got all the momentum and we're moping around.

Hopefully our seniors bail us out by either making good plays (Levi) or not making bad plays (Marcus). Hopefully our NBA lottery pick ups his draft stock by putting the team on his back for the last 5 minutes. I too am real nervous about this game.

CU football died in Ames, Iowa. It would be fitting if CU basketball were to be reborn there.

All I know is that the game in Ames tonight is every bit as important and probably going to be every bit as hard as beating UT. ISU at home is just a different animal. Don't be remotely surprised if Colorado loses tonight and if they do, it is game over, barring a miracle conference tourney run. This game has me really nervous. Letdown is written all over it. Sorry for Debbie Downer, but I'm just used to being let down in b-ball. Really, really hoping to be surprised tonight.

:nod:....never very confident about any road game in the Big 12

CU football died in Ames, Iowa. It would be fitting if CU basketball were to be reborn there.

yes. 2005. and reminding of a statement attributed to Hegel....."history repeats itself. the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce"....2 years later Dan Hawkins blew a 3 TD lead by giving ISU a short field on his "memorable" 4th down call and showed Buff Nation a window into the next 3 years of refusing to play situational/field position football....to ill effect and the "making it up as we go along" strategy for building a program.

Buffs are 5-36 in Hilton Coliseum, there's every reason to be extremely nervous about this one as a fan. This also isn't going to be the deserted morgue that was United Spirits Arena in Lubbock last Wednesday - ISU is going to have a good crowd. The good news is the Buffs completely crushed the 'Clowns 95-69 in Boulder - perhaps we're just "that" team for ISU in terms of a tough matchup. Hope the Buffs have had a great few days preparing and are ready to go. A lethargic Buff team isn't going to win tonight, they've got to be every bit as hungry as they were against UT. Let's do this Buffs

GO BUFFS!!
BEAT ISU!!

If we beat the Fuskers we have a pretty good shot at being the 5 seed still...which puts us right in line to play 12 seed ISU again...*facepalm*

If we beat the Fuskers we have a pretty good shot at being the 5 seed still...which puts us right in line to play 12 seed ISU again...*facepalm*

Odd are we'd be the 6, play Oklahoma. If we won, we'd get Texas A&M in RD2.

according to that b12 bracket generator we do

We own the tiebreaker with Mizzou based on this:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1520897

Tiebreakers - The first criteria in the breaking of ties in the standings shall be head-to-head competition of tied teams. The following procedure will be used to establish the championship seeds if ties exist. (For tiebreaking procedures teams will be grouped in two divisions based upon established guidelines. Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Nebraska are in one division and Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech are in the other division.)

(a) If two teams are tied and they are from different divisions, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the higher seed.

n/a

(b) If two teams are tied and they are from the same division, the team with an advantage in head-to-head competition shall be the higher seed.

Split with Mizzou...next!

(c) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of overall record against division teams only (10 divisional games).

CU and MU will be both 5-5 vs. the Big 12 North assuming we beat the Fuskers and they lose to Kansas...next tiebreaker

(d) If two teams remain tied, there will be a comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.

Kansas - both 0-2 vs. the Jayhawks...

Kansas State - we have the sweep but Mizzou is 1-1, hence we have the tiebreaker...

(e) If two teams remain tied, there will be a *comparison of record against the highest ranked team(s) (based upon Conference winning percentage) in the opposite division and proceeding through in order of divisional record.

Although not necessary, we also would have this tiebreaker by virtue of the win over Texas since Mizzou lost to Texas...

(f) If two teams remain tied, the higher seed will be chosen by draw

6 would be better than 5. I think OU is playing the worst ball in the conference right now, and A&M is the one team CU has a good chance of pulling the upset on. I wouldn't mind ending ISU's season, however.

What would be worse? Losing to ISU tonight, or if the Buffs had beaten ISU (and Nebraska on Sat.) and then lost to an OU/ISU/TT in KC? For some reason it seems losing tonight is worse, I guess because it affects conference record/standing.

i didn't edit the title in this to include "dammit". i don't think it's good mod practice to cowboy edit other posts.

i didn't edit the title in this to include "dammit". i don't think it's good mod practice to cowboy edit other posts.

baby-crying.jpg

gobuffs, this your first time on the internet?

you can't maintain poster responsibility if posts can be edited at the will of some others.

6 would be better than 5. I think OU is playing the worst ball in the conference right now, and A&M is the one team CU has a good chance of pulling the upset on. I wouldn't mind ending ISU's season, however.

What would be worse? Losing to ISU tonight, or if the Buffs had beaten ISU (and Nebraska on Sat.) and then lost to an OU/ISU/TT in KC? For some reason it seems losing tonight is worse, I guess because it affects conference record/standing.

I actually think the latter would have been worse for a couple of reasons. One, this was a conference road loss, and conference road games are a mine field across the board. Second, losing in the opening round of the Big 12 tourney would have been the last impression that we left.

I'm starting to think that we can still get in by beating NU and then winning 2 games in the conference tourney (losing in the semi's).

I did that last night Mick, right after the game. Seeing that 9-7 possibility was just pissing me off in light of what we pissed away. It was either acknowledge that in the title or neg rep you back to the stone age.

I'll change the thread title back, but that may bring the other option back to the table... :smile2:

Back