What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We have to change the entire coaching staff

Demote Bieniemy and hire Christiansen from Wyo as OC after he gets canned by Wyo

Ok guys again it is season 2 and we knew this was gonna be a painful couple years. Some coaching changes should and likely will be made. But under no circumstance should Cabral be gone and doing things like not renewing tickets just makes it harder to create a winner. My opinion is if you can't support this team when they are trying to rebuild you're not a true fan. It's frustrating and if it was 4 years into JE era with these results I would understand but its not. We lost to USC who was ranked #1 is country coming into the year. I was at the game and the difference in talent was astronomical.... and that is not JE fault right now. Give him the full 3 years we all promised then start to flip out, For now lets just be happy with fact we are probably getting a few new coaches at the end of the year and hope the recruiting continues. But thats just my opinion on the matter.

My point is that if they are not canning Embree this year, than they better give him an ultimatum to get rid of some of the staff that are not performing and show real improvement in all areas of the game next year.

I am not opposed at all to a full house cleaning, starting with Embree (or even above him?) but I don't think it will happen even if UO puts up 100 on us.

We are at the point where canning coordinators simply won't work. Embree is on a red hot seat, and no coach is going to step into such a toxic situation where they are likely out of a job in a year. Coordinator changes only work at schools where the HC has a little bit of room to work with. The whole staff needs to be let go.

Ok guys again it is season 2 and we knew this was gonna be a painful couple years. Some coaching changes should and likely will be made. But under no circumstance should Cabral be gone and doing things like not renewing tickets just makes it harder to create a winner. My opinion is if you can't support this team when they are trying to rebuild you're not a true fan. It's frustrating and if it was 4 years into JE era with these results I would understand but its not. We lost to USC who was ranked #1 is country coming into the year. I was at the game and the difference in talent was astronomical.... and that is not JE fault right now. Give him the full 3 years we all promised then start to flip out, For now lets just be happy with fact we are probably getting a few new coaches at the end of the year and hope the recruiting continues. But thats just my opinion on the matter.

More of this "not a true fan" crap. Maybe some of us are such true fans that we can't take such incompetence. You can speak for yourself, but don't you dare think that you know how every die-hard fan feels.

We all didn't promise Embree "the full 3 years." In fact, many fans questioned his hire from the get go.

"For now, lets [sic] just be happy..." Are you serious?

Thanks for clarifying that it's just your opinion on the matter.

P.S. Consider hanging out with buffaloflyer. I think you guys might get along well. ---> YOU

Last edited:
First of all, can we once and for all stop putting certain assistants off limits when it comes to making staff changes? No one is/should be untouchable (and yes, I am talking about Cabral here). We are terrible, so everyone's jobs should be on the line.

Second, we cannot blame Embree for the lack of talent... yet the talent gap is not closing. Interesting.

I say we dump the AD too. Hire someone that nobody knows and has not connection to CU. Someone merciless and unforgiving. Someone that will not be coopted by boosters, former coaches, or people that share the initials of a state. Someone without a library card....

You're kidding yourself.

The level of coaching has been far worse than than the talent on the field. The offense hasn't scored a point in the second half of either of the last two games, the defense has been constantly out of position. This falls on the coaching. What is even worse is that there has been absolutely no signs of improvement. In fact, the team appears to be taking steps back ever since Embree stepped on campus. There is absolutely no reason to believe that the results a year or two years from now will be any different than what we are seeing now. These coaches have shown an inability to develop or coach these players. Its unfair to the students, alumni, fans and players to keep this staff along any longer.

First of all, can we once and for all stop putting certain assistants off limits when it comes to making staff changes? No one is/should be untouchable (and yes, I am talking about Cabral here). We are terrible, so everyone's jobs should be on the line.

Second, we cannot blame Embree for the lack of talent... yet the talent gap is not closing. Interesting.

Agreed. Cabral needs to go. He has recruited well at LB nor have they developed well since Dizon. Perhaps you can argue that they aren't put in the right place under Brown's schemes, but Cabral is probably someone consulted/involved in those too.

Agreed. Cabral needs to go. He has recruited well at LB nor have they developed well since Dizon. Perhaps you can argue that they aren't put in the right place under Brown's schemes, but Cabral is probably someone consulted/involved in those too.

Remember how we'll he did Okruch's 5-1-2 scheme. Or whatever that abomination was called. By the way; is Okruch available?

The whole staff needs to be fired !! If you look around the country, there are teams winning and at least competing with way less talent on the roster. Coaches have the ability to motivate and get players to play up when they are put in correct position and schemes. Look at Northwestern, Air Force, UNLV, Vanderbelt, Kansas State, Oregon State, Ohio, Toledo to name a few. These teams do not have rosters full of 4* players, coached by un known coaching staffs and are able to compete most weeks. CU has a loser mentality that will not be easily changed. There needs to be coaches that are x's and o's kinda guys that can scheme the opposing teams. As much as I like Cabral, Hagan they also need to go. Need to get the loser mentality out of the Dal Ward center. This is just like the hawkins campaign, after games and interviews, it's ok to lose??? No-one should ever be ok losing !! you should be mad at yourself...Already reading about players blaming other players and it continues. Losing sucks !!

Back