What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We just joined the PAC 12

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
I know we lost and it sucks especially because we could have, and probably should have won that game.

But that is the 1st time I remember us looking like a PAC 12 team on the road since we joined the PAC 12.

While our D is getting **** for giving up a lot in the 2nd half, that is a powerful offense, and Thompson going down seemed to have an immediate negative impact on the team.

But we fought all the way through over time, on the road, against an improving PAC team. Down a TD on the road with 2 minutes and we drove and scored with 21 seconds left, held Cal from getting into field goal range, went for and converted a tying score in 1st overtime...

I had to eat crow in Barzil b/c I have been pretty critical of Sefo but he became a man tonight. Hopefully he can play at that level going forward.

Spruce is ****ing ridiculous and we most likely have him for another year!

Love Frazier on both sides of the ball. Thompson is awesome and I hope he is back next week.

Our D, despite having their problems, most of the time actually looked decent against a high powered offense. We got pressure on the QB numerous times and also our DBs (especially the corners) played pretty well against some damn good receivers.

It sucks to lose this way, but I prefer this heartache than the embarrassment of 4+ TD blowouts on the road against PAC 12 foes. This year is not going to end in a bowl but I am starting to believe next year can and should.

P.S. Not sure what happened on that 4th and 1 exactly but other than that, Lindgren called a heck of a game too.

Feels like it. We dominated ASU on everything but the scoreboard (and probably ruined their season by injuring Kelly in the 2nd half). Followed it up by gaining respect in a game we should have won in Berkeley.

We've got to beat someone that other programs respect before attitudes completely change toward CU, but I think folks are starting to take notice.

sort of agree with OP. People might still wup us more often than not for now, but they will have to respect the threat.

Thanks, boyd. Some other posters could learn something from that post. I have no words for this lose. Seriously

Reporting from Berkeley. Bourbon now in hand. Damn.

A few things. We looked as athletic as them mostly. Their rbs are way better. Two really bad teams at work today, but at least I feel like we are finally in the same weight class as the p12 bottom feeders. That's improvement.

Very tough loss. Very tough. So many blown chances. We are still a bad bad football team but I agree with the op. We played like a terrible p5 team today rather than a terrible WAC team.

Reporting from Berkeley. Bourbon now in hand. Damn.

A few things. We looked as athletic as them mostly. Their rbs are way better. Two really bad teams at work today, but at least I feel like we are finally in the same weight class as the p12 bottom feeders. That's improvement.

Very tough loss. Very tough. So many blown chances. We are still a bad bad football team but I agree with the op. We played like a terrible p5 team today rather than a terrible WAC team.
So we moved up a division at least :) I am only drinking beer but I honestly needed it because I was trembling from the stress and frustration from the loss.

But putting the bigger picture in perspective, we really have improved from CSU to UMASS to AZ and now to CAL. This is what you expect from a young, but well-coached team. Aside from my previous bitching about Sefo, I had come off the HCMM bandwagon after the CSU game and the near miss at UMASS. But I am becoming a believer again.

Please please let the season trend like this. If we are in every game to the end it's only a matter of time until closing out games becomes second nature. It was the first time in a while I was heartbroken over a loss. Been a long time since I was so invested in a buffs game, which is saying something because I don't miss many if any.

Please please let the season trend like this. If we are in every game to the end it's only a matter of time until closing out games becomes second nature. It was the first time in a while I was heartbroken over a loss. Been a long time since I was so invested in a buffs game, which is saying something because I don't miss many if any.

Been since 2011 at least, for me. Cal in 2011 stung and Utah was a nice win.

Beat Oregon St.

This is the first time I've really started become hopeful for the future. There's going to be some rough games, but we'll get a big upset if we keep playing this way, and I'm starting to believe that the core can turn into a pretty solid group over the next few years.

Next week already feels like a must win.
:yeahthat: This team has left it's heart on the field in both the PAC-12 contests so far. We need a win coming home. I hated to see the guys lose yesterday but I am excited to see that we can at least compete. There is hope for the future.

If we are the worst team in the Pac, then the Pac is the deepest conference in the country.

Not only joined the PAC12, but we have the #2 offense and #1 receiver. I am beginning to have expectations again for this team (been years since I've done that)

Says a lot with the less than impressive running game we have had, doesn't it? Getting yards, but haven't seemed to come easily. Or with style. Not sure how to explain it. We seem to have more yards than I would think we would have when I see the runs.

You summed it up perfectly. Great post!

It was incredible watching this team go on the road and show some fight. It's been years since I've seen that.

I have gotten used to not looking forward to road games. Not anymore!!!

go BUFFS!!

But that is the 1st time I remember us looking like a PAC 12 team on the road since we joined the PAC 12.

Back