1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We might have to load up on caffiene once the Buffs join the Pac-10

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Sep 15, 2010.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...all-stanford-vs-wake-forest-latest-game-ever/

I have been drinking the Mountain Dew AMP Energy Drink (the silver one since it's sugar free) for awhile...I might have to increase my budget on that stuff once the Buffs join the Pac-10. 9:15 Mountain time starts could be a reality.

And one more thing, Rockstar is :puke:

2. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

I could have sworn the ASU game was even later, like a 9:30 pm kick. Then again, I think that's the only time you can play where it's cooler than 105 down there.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I think that one kicked off at about 10:10 pm Eastern time.

4. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

For those of us who follow schools on the Big Ten Network, some of those games start at 10:00a MST. So I may have games 11 hours apart some Saturdays.

5. Del

Del Member

Don't like the late kick offs. Only time its ever good is if you have already planned to go out to the bars with friends and then the game is on. Otherwise it stinks.....Don't understand why the Pac doesn't schedule noon kick offs or even 11 am kick offs. I know that they are competing with all the other conferences but seriously

6. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

That was a late game. Still hot as Hell, but I think the sun was setting as we were heading into the game, and was completely down by the time they kicked off.

7. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I understand wanting to increase your national exposure. But, if your game kicks off at 11 pm on the east coast (where most of the people are), it seems like you're missing the boat. There's a reason you're not competing with any other games at that time.

8. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

and it was still 105 in that oven they call a stadium

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I would think a 5:00 PM kickoff would work for most east-coasters. Look, the way things are set up, the east coast games could kick off at 1:00 PM (Eastern), with Midwest games at 3:30PM (Central), and West coast games at 5:30 PM (Pacific). It works out for a great day of football all around - and everybody is playing at a reasonable time.

10. Razorbuff

Razorbuff Member

Won't ever happen though... every league wants its games spread out throughout the day... more viewers = more advertising dollars. The SEC isn't going to have 5 or 6 conference games going on at once, and risk having certain games (GA v. FL, Bama v. Aub, Ark v. LSU etc) all on TV at once. It's a nice idea but the conferences are always going to attempt to have games spread throughout the day. That's the only real negative with the PAC is the time zone issue.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:yeahthat:

Larry Scott had this big east coast promotion before the season where he went to NYC to promote the conference nationally, but if he truly wants to do that they need to stop with these ridiculously late starts. I went to bed at about midnight EDT last Saturday and there were still 2 Pac-10 games being played that were both only in the 2nd quarter. And there's a huge intersectional game this week with a top-10 team in Iowa playing at Arizona that doesn't kick off until 10:30pm EDT. :huh:

12. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I love it. No one will bother me and there will be no scheduled events (soccer games, dance recitals, roller hockey practice, jax tournament, colonoscopies etc....) at 11:30 pm Philadelphia time....

13. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Watch parties that mix with the late Saturday bar scene crowd is going to be interesting.

Some autumn Sunday mornings might just involve a self-imposed Allbuffs black-out and the DVR.