1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Need a Basketball Presence

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Hawk has it going....we are all confident that he has the football program headed in the right direction.

How cool would it be if Buff basketball got it going as well? Instead of being the dorrmat of the Big 12, we should be competing with the Whorns and Hawks. Hell, if Baylor and KSU can get it going, why not us?

:cry:

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

it may. you have to give it some time.

im not a big BB fan of any kind. i will however watch the Buffs if they are on and participate in a march madness bracket or two.

give Biz some time to build the program and what you want will follow. i hope the roundball kids become winners in a big way because that will only bring on bigger and better things for the entire AD at CU. if round ball could become a revenue producing sport at CU rather than a drain, it would do wonders.

it will take a few years but from what i read from the BB fans on here, it seems there is progress. he needs to get his players to fit his scheme and develop them into winners. check back in three years. :smile2:

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Give Buzz some time. He's recruiting very well and he's a proven winner. He'll get it turned around.

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I think Bzdelik will get us there once he gets players acclimated to his system. I really think we'll have an NCAA tournament team in 2 years. Given the recent history of this team, I'd be thrilled with a Sweet 16 appearance.

5. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I think we're at least a bubble team next year, and a damn dangerous squad if we actually sneak into the round of 64. :thumbsup:

6. CarolinaBuff

I'd like to think that too, but we are losing Roby and Hall.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Wrong board, but I do not think the players have bought into Buzz. Just like Hawks first year where the older players didn't buy in. These guys are just going through the motions.

8. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I think it is the right board for a couple of reasons....

1. We will actually see some comments on this board, unlike the BBall board
    2. If good things happen in BBall, it will only help the football program.....

9. CarolinaBuff

I would tend to agree with that to some extent and hopefully they'll buy into it more next year more with a younger team and they players already having been in his system a year. He had the luxury at AF where they were already playing his system, so they didn't have have to learn a new one.

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I hesitate to ask this, but what exactly is your reasoning to think the Buffs are a bubble team next year?

11. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I believe we recruited in the top 6 for the Big 12 so things are looking up. Watch out for Tomlinson, Bz really likes him. Think steve nash:cool:

12. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

One recruiting service had us top 3 behind KU & Mizzou (I think the Tigers - KU for sure).

Still don't understand why this is on the football board - there is discussion on the b-ball board & obviously there'd be more if threads like these were over there.... :huh:

13. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

I think you could be in for some disappointment next year. It's going to take a few years at least, but he's the best coach we have had in a long time.

14. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

If BZ doesn't get it done, I dunno if anyone will...maybe Sampson?? jk jk but they did put a f*cking thrashing on Mich. St. tonight!!