What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We need to beat **** since they are our lone home loss this season.

Wait is Utah censored?

Edit: nope.

But agreed, would love to see the buffs get payback this weekend.

I guarantee that Fortune has had this game circled on his calendar since his TO led to the game winning basket. He's coming into his element at the perfect time (and yesterday he showed that he could do it no matter the hair style).

Those two and the Oregon State loss. Speaking of Oregon State, does anyone know the tie breaker if CU and OSU both finish 10-8?
Believe its record against top teams in the conference after head to head, which is a split. So record against 1st, then record against 2nd, on down the line until the tie is broken. If Oregon wins the conference, CU and OSU would still be tied as we both split. If Utah wins the conference, OSU would have the tiebreaker, because they are 1-1 against Utah, and in this 10-8 scenario we would be 0-2 against Utah.

Believe its record against top teams in the conference after head to head, which is a split. So record against 1st, then record against 2nd, on down the line until the tie is broken. If Oregon wins the conference, CU and OSU would still be tied as we both split. If Utah wins the conference, OSU would have the tiebreaker, because they are 1-1 against Utah, and in this 10-8 scenario we would be 0-2 against Utah.
Thanks for the info. Guess we need to hope that USC steps up and plays a good game against OSU.

Utes would have been what, 0-3 had we beat them? Then Oregon went to SLC and blew their doors off. Now they're 12-5 and in great shape to be the 2 seed in Vegas (and Co-Champs). Utah is playing at far higher level from when we faced them. It will take our performance from the Arizona game to have any shot, and that won't be easy on the road. We're going to be walking into a potential buzz saw. The good news is we don't have much to lose. A road loss at Utah won't do any harm. A win brings us back into the top 4 bye conversation and I believe genuinely brings CU into the discussion of having a resume worthy of a 6 seed in the NCAA Tournament (We seem to be 7-8 at the moment).

Tad needs to let the boys just go out and have fun. I'm sure UTAH will be in that 2/3 zone for most of the game. Need some crisp ball movement and we need not pass up open 3's... Go Buffs!

Musings on the Utah game:

Whether a game is considered 'must-win' depends on some combination of the goal sought and the perceived possibility of winning. Arizona was a very very nice win, but was not considered essential to win because it seemed likely we would lose to a hot, 9th ranked opponent. ASU was clearly not essential in the same way it would have been, had we lost to AZ, but because it was a "likely" win it took on greater urgency. Now Utah is being viewed as rather unlikely to win, although of course we'd like to dream of beating them, but we'll consider the urgency small since it probably won't happen.

I fully understand these perspectives, and I like to be realistic. But in terms of my goals for the team, Utah is a REALLY big opportunity. We're talking currently about a 7-8 seed in the NCAAs depending on what happens in the P12 tourney, and how other teams finish up. Beating Utah would (1) ensure that we don't get pushed back in seeding even if the P12 tourney is not good for us, and (2) give us a chance to move up from 7/8 in seeding, especially if the P12 tourney works out well.

Winning a game in the NCAAs is my first goal at this point, thus the opportunity for a higher seeding makes the Utah game crucial in my opinion for making this goal more likely.

Of course I'm not satisfied with only one tourney win, if we get that, and of course I know the daunting challenge Utah poses. It's just that a win on Saturday would really be huge, and is a must-win game in terms of taking CU basketball to the next level.

We need to play well, not cough it up. Confidence is a huge factor come Pac tourney. Play loose and let it fly. Be awesome to gain additional momentum and chemistry, finish on a solid note in SLC. Stay healthy.

We need to play well, not cough it up. Confidence is a huge factor come Pac tourney. Play loose and let it fly. Be awesome to gain additional momentum and chemistry, finish on a solid note in SLC. Stay healthy.

Most important.

Biggest thing I'm looking for is continuing the recent trend from the last 2 home games of valuing the ball. Need to keep limiting turnovers. I'm not expecting single digits on the road, but I'd love to see it at 12 or fewer.

I love what I have been seeing from Dom the past two games. Driving the lane, being smart with the ball, bringing some physicality against anybody in his way. Think that could be the key to some winning basketball in March.

I love what I have been seeing from Dom the past two games. Driving the lane, being smart with the ball, bringing some physicality against anybody in his way. Think that could be the key to some winning basketball in March.
He's also started getting a call or two when he does it. Let's hope that continues, cause for a while there he was getting mugged every time with no call. There were a few egregious no calls against ASU as well (quickly followed by similar plays that WERE called as fouls on the other end), but at least it's starting.

He's also started getting a call or two when he does it. Let's hope that continues, cause for a while there he was getting mugged every time with no call. There were a few egregious no calls against ASU as well (quickly followed by similar plays that WERE called as fouls on the other end), but at least it's starting.

Agree. He has started to figure out the foul thing. Not getting whistled so much on the defensive end and getting a few more whistles on the offensive. The only thing that concerns me is how hard Dom hits the floor sometimes.

The refs in the game against ASU were so damn inconsistent. Awful crew.

The refs in the game against ASU were so damn inconsistent. Awful crew.

This. Terribly inconsistently officiated game. When both coaches are yelling at you at a media timeout, you've screwed up. There was no sense to how that game was called. The short ref was the worst of the 3. You may have recognized the taller grey haired ref...
0130_oag_bill-vinovich.jpg

Bill Vinovich may still be getting used to it being basketball season.

The UTES will be ready for a barn burner of a conference finale.
Seems as though this "rivalry" might just be finding its footing, five years in.

The more games they play against each other that actually matter, the faster it will develop.
If we find a way to win this one, there will be a step increase in rivalry status. If we lose, not so much. Let's go for the rivalry!!

Back