What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We Need to have a Frank Conversation....

I know it can't happen, but wouldn't be fun to beat Food Cart and the Vols in a bowl game?

Lots of compelling theoretical bowl matchups:

How about a Michigan rematch in the Rose Bowl? If not the Wolverines, then Ohio State.
How about Nebraska or Wisconsin in the Holiday Bowl or in Santa Clara?.
How about Baylor in the Alamo Bowl? Or Texas in the desert?
Even a Sun Bowl where the entire town of El Paso comes out to support native son Steven Montez would be special.
Boise in Vegas?

Why is there so much call for a rematch with Michigan? I don't get that. We've already played that game. Should have won. Didn't. Let's play someone else. Bowl games generally aren't in favor of rematches either.

Why is there so much call for a rematch with Michigan? I don't get that. We've already played that game. Should have won. Didn't. Let's play someone else. Bowl games generally aren't in favor of rematches either.
Bowl games usually go to the team that's pumped to be there instead of the team that's disappointed it's not in the playoffs.

Bowl games usually go to the team that's pumped to be there instead of the team that's disappointed it's not in the playoffs.
I think it's safe to say that we are going to be excited to be in just about any bowl we get. Unless we get screwed out of the playoffs! **** you, you Georgia Tech voting Dr Tom!

Your take on the situation is a bit off. There is a call for CU to win the Pac12, which is fundamental to this Rise narrative. The ceiling for CU is the Rose Bowl, as it's unlikely the Buffs would qualify for playoffs with two losses.

Either OSU or Michigan are expected to get a CFB playoff birth. The next best B1G team will face the P12 representative. It's just math.

Your take on the situation is a bit off. There is a call for CU to win the Pac12, which is fundamental to this Rise narrative. The ceiling for CU is the Rose Bowl, as it's unlikely the Buffs would qualify for playoffs with two losses.

Either OSU or Michigan are expected to get a CFB playoff birth. The next best B1G team will face the P12 representative. It's just math.

Getting way ahead of myself here, but what if by some extremely remote chance that Washington goes undefeated, wins the P12 Championship game and ends up in the CFB playoff, then who gets the Rose Bowl berth? Is it automatically the highest ranked team after that in the P12 or does the Rose Bowl get to pick?

If it's the highest ranked team - which I'm guessing is the case - then the P12 title game loser might not be that team.

I am going to cry tears of joy when it is apparent that we could go to either Vegas or Phoenix. It has been a long time since Shreveport, when our DFW Buff brothers who rented a bus broke down.

Getting way ahead of myself here, but what if by some extremely remote chance that Washington goes undefeated, wins the P12 Championship game and ends up in the CFB playoff, then who gets the Rose Bowl berth? Is it automatically the highest ranked team after that in the P12 or does the Rose Bowl get to pick?

If it's the highest ranked team - which I'm guessing is the case - then the P12 title game loser might not be that team.
The teams playing in the Rose Bowl game will be the highest ranking teams from the Pac-12 Conference and Big Ten Conference that were not selected to play in a College Football Playoff semifinal game. The teams will be officially selected by the football committee of the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association on Selection Sunday on December 4, 2016, based on the final rankings by the CFP committee.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Rose_Bowl

That isn't going to help the loser of the Pac 12 CG.

If the pac12 champ is chosen for the playoffs, the Rose Bowl slot goes to the next highest rated team as determined by the final CFP top 25 ranking.

Koooooooooooooooooooooool Aid!
Saturday night, after the win - it's morally wrong to not drink the Kool Aid. That's what makes college football fun.

Sunday, bask in the afterglow.

Monday morning, then we can get back to reality.

I'm looking at one of the top 4 choices there, if it's against the Big Ten, how sweet would it be if we're slotted against the Fuskers.

I would really like to play the Fuskers but a remach with Michigan in the Rose Bowl gets my vote.

How about Nebraska or Wisconsin in the Holiday Bowl or in Santa Clara?.
I hate to break it to you guys, but the B1G has a weird agreement with their bowl games where the bowl has to choose 5 different teams over a 6 year span (obviously doesn't include the Rose Bowl).

On a practical level what that means for this year is that the fuskers can't play in the Holiday Bowl or the Foster Farms bowl, so the only way we see them in a bowl is if it's the Rose - and no one with a brain thinks they'll get there.

I will go to whatever bowl game we land at.

I'm still not ready to start chirping about a Rose Bowl.

Pasadena, San Diego, San Antonio, Santa Clara or Las Vegas would all be great. At this point, I really don't care which one.

i saw ted miller tweeted at ESPN that the Pac South comes down to Utah at Colorado.....that would be OK with me. USC seems to have kind of figured itself out a bit.....we'll see.

Since the Rose Bowl is in the realm of possibilities, I really don't understand the thought process of any fan hoping for a different bowl game.
I don't want to jinx it. The Rose Bowl almost seems like a pipe dream, even though it is very much still a possibility.

What is wrong with you guys? There is only one valid answer at this point.

IMG_20160402_153012.jpg
if this is on the line... we need to find these

i saw ted miller tweeted at ESPN that the Pac South comes down to Utah at Colorado.....that would be OK with me. USC seems to have kind of figured itself out a bit.....we'll see.
Yeah, but the U of Spoiled Children still have to play at UW. Will be interesting to say the least.

Buffs fans are starting to come out for games again, yesterday the stadium was rocking. We have been turning out on the road as well.

If it comes down to one of the bowl who gets to pick their team out of the PAC we could easily get picked over some other schools based on the expectation that a bowl starved fan base will travel and show up in numbers.
In the Big XII days, we had a bad reputation as a fan base that would travel.

Looking at the various projections, Holiday Bowl with Penn State as the opponent is a popular pick right now.

Back