What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We Need to have a Frank Conversation....

In the Big XII days, we had a bad reputation as a fan base that would travel.
In comparison to other Big XII fan bases.

Remember, those fans live in/near stincoln, stool water, etc; most away games were a short road trip; a huge number of their alumi live in/near the away locations.

Now, contrast that to the Pac, which as a conference has a horrible reputation for traveling. For almost every team, the fans live in a decent city - cities that people voluntarily visit for vacation, and all but one or two conference road games involve an airplane.

In comparison, we're already one of the better traveling teams in the Pac, and we'll only get better as the team gets better.

In comparison to other Big XII fan bases.

Remember, those fans live in/near stincoln, stool water, etc; most away games were a short road trip; a huge number of their alumi live in/near the away locations.

Now, contrast that to the Pac, which as a conference has a horrible reputation for traveling. For almost every team, the fans live in a decent city - cities that people voluntarily visit for vacation, and all but one or two conference road games involve an airplane.

In comparison, we're already one of the better traveling teams in the Pac, and we'll only get better as the team gets better.
Cool! That's a point I did not realize or think of.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/19/college-hotline-pac-12-midseason-bowl-projections/

*** Colorado
Record: 5-2/3-1
Schedule: at Stanford, vs. UCLA, at Arizona, vs. Washington State, vs. Utah
Projected bowl: Alamo
Comment: The former Big 12 member returns to Texas and most of Boulder follows, filling every hotel room on the River Walk.
If the Buffs win the south, we will likely get the Rose Bowl. I can't see a way to the CFP for the Buffs with 2 losses; unless USC and Michigan win out as well. Holy ****.. I never thought that would be typed on this board coming into 2016.

Win the South and go to the Rose Bowl. That's pretty accurate assuming we face UW in the CCG. Face WSU and that all changes.

Win the South and go to the Rose Bowl. That's pretty accurate assuming we face UW in the CCG. Face WSU and that all changes.

Not necessarily. Unfortunately. Probably going to have to win out to go to the Rose Bowl. I don't think by just winning enough to win the south we would be the 2nd ranked team in the Pac-12.

Ok. Yes. Win the rest of our regular season games and then face what would likely be an undefeated UW in the CCG. Come out of the CCG at 11-2 or 10-3 and we will be in the Rose Bowl.

Man some of you are fully on the bus. I see this weekend as huge. If we handle Stanford's lines, we're for real. Right now I think about how USC stacked up against our line and think Stanford and Utah are our two big hurdles with Stanford being the toughest.

Getting ahead of ourselves, but USC and Stanford would be the biggest threat in that regard. USC is a couple games from being ranked and Stanford's schedule lightens up considerably after the CU game. Hanging a loss on Stanford would be pretty crucial for that.

if I only read 2/3 posts ITT, Allbuffs sounds like a bunch of old-school Big Ten fans who still view the Rose Bowl as the ultimate prize. (y)

The Rose Bowl is probably the best we can hope for. We won't make the playoff, even if we beat UW in the CCG.

At this point, the guys at the P12 are hoping UW runs the board, including the CCG, and gets into the playoff. Any slips and the PAC gets hosed. The only way we get somebody in the playoff other than UW is Utah, and that would mean those assholes beat us. Thats not a scenario I'm willing to consider.

Gumball Rally.
cannonball-run.jpg

It doesn't matter what bowl game they go to. I'm there.

BTW - I checked hotels in Pasadena. They're pretty much all running over $300/nt.

Obviously all of the fans on here are die hard fans and will go anywhere but a West Coast game would be amazing for fan turnout.

Back