What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now go to Stillwater, OK

TBoone will buy their way right out of this. Nothing going to happen. ncaa has no balls, unless your CU

TBoone will buy their way right out of this. Nothing going to happen. ncaa has no balls, unless your CU

Half game suspension of Gundy for "inadvertant" violations seems about right.

Using recent results, it appears that CU has no balls when it comes to the NCAA.

This is because CU holds itself to a higher standard.

Option 1: deny, deny, deny. lawyer up and fight the NCAA to minimize any penalty.

Option 2: report everything up front including known major violations, minor infractions, and activities that fall into a gray area. Assume institutional control is the problem up front. Go in with a proposal to voluntarily take away 5 scholarships as a starting point and be open to any additional sanctions.

Option 1: deny, deny, deny. lawyer up and fight the NCAA to minimize any penalty.

Option 2: report everything up front including known major violations, minor infractions, and activities that fall into a gray area. Assume institutional control is the problem up front. Go in with a proposal to voluntarily take away 5 scholarships as a starting point and be open to any additional sanctions.

I think I am starting to prefer Option 1.

Depends on the situation, because I'm pretty sure USC took option 1.

I just read the first installment. Half of the witnesses are dead and none of the allegations are event proveable at this point. This was a hit piece pure and simple. Sports jounalism is dead if it ever lived at all. What a bunch of crap. And I don't even like Okie Lite. I broke my foot on their crappy 40 year old turf one year and thought their campus looked like a prison.

I just read the first installment. Half of the witnesses are dead and none of the allegations are event proveable at this point. This was a hit piece pure and simple. Sports jounalism is dead if it ever lived at all. What a bunch of crap. And I don't even like Okie Lite. I broke my foot on their crappy 40 year old turf one year and thought their campus looked like a prison.
As CU fans, we should be the last to believe anything the media writes about "scandal." Well, us and Duke, that is.

Unconfirmed reports are saying Thayer Evans (lead researcher for this expose) has been fired by SI. He is no longer listed as on of the SI writers on its website. Catfished and now this? Bad stuff for SI.

Edit: now they are reports saying Evans was never listed as a SI writer on its website. So who knows. Part 4 that was supposed to drop today online still not on the website.

Last edited:
Too bad they started with all that other bull****. Here's the real dirt:

Between 2002 -- the year of Les Miles's first full recruiting class at Stillwater -- and 2010, 43.5% of the players who enrolled at the school left before exhausting their five years of eligibility, and that's not including one player who died and those who declared early for the NFL. Though oversigning is a widespread practice in college football, this is a staggering churn rate. Texas Christian, another fast-rising program in the Big 12, lost about 23.4% of its players during that time. (Oklahoma State says the number is inaccurate because it doesn't account for players whose careers ended for medical reasons, but SI didn't include those for TCU either.) Players told SI that their first two years in Stillwater felt like a tryout: Those who performed to the coaches' expectations stayed; those who didn't were run off to free up scholarships.Like other schools, OSU usually offered one of an assortment of vague explanations for a premature exit. It was for undisclosed reasons or for a violation of team rules; the player was in search of playing time elsewhere or left for personal reasons. Due to privacy laws designed to protect the students and because the player's version of events was rarely solicited by the media, fans were left to assume either that the school had rid itself of a troublemaker or that the parting was mutual.
The explanations were rarely that tidy.
Kevin White was part of the Cowboys' 2005 recruiting class, a group that saw "only" 36.4% of its members exit the program early. A running back from DeSoto, Texas, White appeared in 10 games as a true freshman in 2005, making the move to linebacker after injuries depleted that position. He returned to running back, where he settled far down the depth chart.
White was also an oddity in the program: He was an introvert. He could drift through a day without saying much and seem comfortable in the silence. At first, White says, Gundy mocked him; then he called him out in team meetings. "You talk just as much as my four-year-old son," White says Gundy told him, "and that's not a lot." Later, White says, an athletics staff member suggested that he see a therapist, who determined there was nothing wrong. "I just wasn't the type of person that wanted to be around a lot of people." says White.
In September '06, White was a passenger in a car that police pulled over and searched. The officers found marijuana. Though White was the only member of the group not charged -- and though OSU had a history of overlooking drug use and drug offenses among its stars -- Gundy kicked him off the team. White says he offered to take a drug test on the spot, but Gundy was not persuaded. (Gundy declined to comment for this story.) The official reason given for White's departure: a violation of team rules.
SI NOW: Behind the money paid to OSU players
That afternoon, White says, a graduate assistant drove him 65 miles to Oklahoma City, handed him a few bucks and put him on a bus home. After a tear-filled, five-hour journey, White was back in DeSoto, his career as an Oklahoma State football player terminated. He didn't even get to finish out the semester

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co.../oklahoma-state-part-5-fallout/#ixzz2fBKt1uJG

yeesh.

This is funny to me-Okie Lite taking shortcuts academically to compete is breaking news? This is the university that gave us Dexter Manley.........

Back