What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now go to Tuscaloosa, AL...

SI should do a compare and contrast on the cars of players on the top 5 teams and the top 5 worst teams. I'm betting we see a lot more Honda Civics on the bottom 5 teams.

CU will probably get a penalty from the NCAA because those pictures showed up on all buffs.

What I think is interesting is the kid is driving a 2012 Dodge Charger. Used those are going for around $30,000 to $38,000, must be nice to afford a car like that as a undergrad........ Just saying I think this is where the questions need to be asked. I mean if I'm driving a $30,000 one year old car, I'll likely have at least $500 in my checking account............
I hear the car was rented for him by a faculty member, so it's legit. Let's be fair...he couldn't rent it himself, because he didn't even have a license, Lisa.

HW2_zps398713d4.jpg

Sammy's, a strip club, in the background is hilarious.

Love the conclusion reached by the writer of this article:

The situation could be a violation of NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2, which states that “an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money.”

Apparently, words don't have real meaning.

The situation could be a violation of NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2, which states that “an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money.”

One the meaning of "literal" was literally changed, it became a slippery slope.

Well, let's give those good ol' boys at Bama a break. After all, they did self report this violation. They're being harder on themselves than the NCAA ever could be. There's nothing to see behind the curtain here.

I hope every single Oregon fan who gave Alabama a load of **** for the money loan scandal is prepared to stick to their principles and insist on the same punishments for Oregon following Seastrunk/Willie Lyles payments.

Last edited:
SI should do a compare and contrast on the cars of players on the top 5 teams and the top 5 worst teams. I'm betting we see a lot more Honda Civics on the bottom 5 teams.
I agree. but, I remember some range rovers and bmw's sitting in our lot recently...

Well, let's give those good ol' boys at Bama a break. After all, they did self report this violation. They're being harder on themselves than the NCAA ever could be. There's nothing to see behind the curtain here.

I hope every single Oregon fan who gave Alabama a load of **** for the money loan scandal is prepared to stick to their principles and insist on the same punishments for Oregon following Seastrunk/Willie Lyles payments.

FiFY

What I think is interesting is the kid is driving a 2012 Dodge Charger. Used those are going for around $30,000 to $38,000, must be nice to afford a car like that as a undergrad........ Just saying I think this is where the questions need to be asked. I mean if I'm driving a $30,000 one year old car, I'll likely have at least $500 in my checking account............

Oh wait. Nevermind.

FiFY

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Orr, when you start forging quotes, you've lost all credibility, your soul and any right to be respected at any level. Given you're modification of Denver_sc's quote I have to believe you don't know what you are talking about when you say you are on the board of directors for a "fair trade" group as well. Obviously truth is not important to you.

I feel sorry for you.

I guess FIFY has not yet made it to the Pacific Northwest. What about slap bracelets?

Orr, when you start forging quotes, you've lost all credibility, your soul and any right to be respected at any level. Given you're modification of Denver_sc's quote I have to believe you don't know what you are talking about when you say you are on the board of directors for a "fair trade" group as well. Obviously truth is not important to you.

I feel sorry for you.

Wait. Did this just happen? Do you really not understand how these things work?

I guess I can try to explain.

You see, I found it interesting that shortly after Oregon got a pass from the NCAA for transgressions that were made very public, that a fan of said school would be pointing a finger at another institution for a seemingly minor violation.

So I wondered to myself how I could articulate that seeming hypocrisy in interwebz parlance.

So I juxtaposed the language in the quote, to make my point, and followed it with a FIFY, to make it clear to everyone that I had, in fact, modified the quote to make a point.

Sorry you found that to be such a violation of my trust. I'm glad you hold such a high moral code for yourself and for collegiate athletics.

But I find your faux self-righteousness delicious. Seriously, what's wrong with you?

oh, and hey duck fan: I (and others) would normally be piling on you in support of Orr. Fortunately for us, you've already proven yourself to be such a ****ing idiot that it is obvious he needs no help reducing you to the quivering sodden piece of pink nike glitter jersey chaser that you really are.

Question for the Allbuffs board in general: Obviously we haven't seen fans more self-righteous than those representing Baylor and nebraska; nor have we witnessed fans more bland than the Illini fans that introduced themselves last year during the NCAA tournament.

Obviously our sampling of Oregon fans is limited here (though I know quite a few, and mostly I don't dislike them), but have we had guests that were a more perfect blend of passive aggression, self-righteousness and humorlessness than our few visiting ducks who aren't from Canada?

It's creeping me out.

Question for the Allbuffs board in general: Obviously we haven't seen fans more self-righteous than those representing Baylor and nebraska; nor have we witnessed fans more bland than the Illini fans that introduced themselves last year during the NCAA tournament.

Obviously our sampling of Oregon fans is limited here (though I know quite a few, and mostly I don't dislike them), but have we had guests that were a more perfect blend of passive aggression, self-righteousness and humorlessness than our few visiting ducks who aren't from Canada?

It's creeping me out.

well, you have to remember their demographics. they sucked nearly forever in all major sports. so their innerwebz fans are all under the age of about 26. their older alums generally fall into 2 categories: 1. dope-smoking native oregonians who work in public interest jobs or for the government or 2. california kids who couldn't get into a uc school and who for years after graduation rooted for ucla or cal because uo sucked and they hated usc.

the new generation of uo fans pretty much thinks they invented football and that their shameless self promotion isn't gauche or noveau riche, but endearing. and, they have the attention spans of amoeba and their knowledge of their own or any other football history extends back about 10 years. or less.

they are basically like k-state fans, except with higher IQs and more disposable income.

Back