1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Now Take You To Chapel Hill, NC...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Apparently, it's a bad thing when your lead fund-raiser for the school is taking your former star player's mom on trips that aren't school related to see her other son play for Notre Dame. Who would have thought?

Add this to the academic scandal issues, and UNC is in a bit of trouble.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/09/11/2332702/top-unc-fundraiser-resigns-amid.html

2. air-zona

air-zona Member

If nothing happens to UNC I give up on college athletics.

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Might want to get ready to give up then

4. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

From what I read there, I am not sure why you'd expect the NCAA to do anything. It sounds like he was making poor personal decisions and fleecing the school but nothing to do with players or recruiting.

If I took personal trips with a girlfriend (or my wife) and then filed an expense report, I would expect to get fired. I would not, however, expect the SEC to investigate my employer.

5. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

No involvement with students?

6. air-zona

air-zona Member

Should have clarified my comment was about their academic scandal. Nothing is going to happen but I would never be able to give up on college sports.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I think this is a much bigger issue with the NCAA if Tyler is still playing there or if they were still trying to recruit Ben. At this point there doesn't seem to be much upside for UNC, more like a school employee using school funds to try to get a little (no doubt substantially stretched out) nookie.....