What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Miami, Florida.

Is anyone out there NOT rooting for the death penalty?  At this rate the winner of the ACC Coastal will be Duke by default.

I would dearly love to find out what those douchetastic assholes who beat up my wife in Miami are thinking now. I hope the whole program burns to the ground and then Bobby Bowden, Steve Spurrier, and Urban Meyer piss on the ashes.

I would dearly love to find out what those douchetastic assholes who beat up my wife in Miami are thinking now. I hope the whole program burns to the ground and then Bobby Bowden, Steve Spurrier, and Urban Meyer piss on the ashes.

Wait wut? Seriously?

There will not be a death penalty here. But it is going to be bad, you can go ahead and write off Miami for the 5-7 years.

For the record, I bought Mason Crosby a burrito because he kicked that field goal. I then self-reported it to the NCAA 'cause I didn't know it was a violation when I did it. I think it might still be under investigation.

Green or red chili?

It was a 58 yard FG at sea level...what kind of chili do you think Wally chose?!? And you're goddamned right he paid a little extra for the guac.

That's what I was afraid of. Damn we are so screwed. Extra guac means extra bowl ban. We might be able to petition for time served though.

The spin and attacks on the accuser are beginning. I can see why people might not be inclined to believe him, but the dude has 10 years of bank statements, credit card statements, thousands of pictures and his story has already been corroborated by some former players.

This isn't shaping up as a he said/she said kind of thing. He's got lots and lots of support for his claims as far as I can tell.

That's what I was afraid of. Damn we are so screwed. Extra guac means extra bowl ban. We might be able to petition for time served though.

Damn right bowl ban! Tortillas only, brother!

How hard does the U get hit seeing that it was their AD that was in charge of NCAA compliance during the entire USC investigation and punishment.

Screw the U. Everyone has always known that they were a bunch of cheaters. I hope they lose scholarships and are banned from bowl games for the next 20 years.

The spin and attacks on the accuser are beginning. I can see why people might not be inclined to believe him, but the dude has 10 years of bank statements, credit card statements, thousands of pictures and his story has already been corroborated by some former players.

This isn't shaping up as a he said/she said kind of thing. He's got lots and lots of support for his claims as far as I can tell.

Certainly not the case.....caught the reporter Charles Robinson on ESPN last night and he said that he'd been working on the story for over a year including 1,000 hours of interview with the guy....Said Shapiro actually named over 100+ players/coaches involved but they only printed the 72 names of those folks that he could 100% corroborate the story's told with either receipts/other players admissions/evidence of some sort. NCAA will probably have more evidence of wrongdoing and violations on this bad boy than anything they've seen to date.

So, other than the death penalty, what is the harshest penalty the NCAA can hand out here?

Can they do a 5+ year postseason ban? Multi-year TV bans? They may not hand out the DP here, but I think Miami is going to get crushed, and rightfully so if the allegations are proven true.

So, other than the death penalty, what is the harshest penalty the NCAA can hand out here?

Can they do a 5+ year postseason ban? Multi-year TV bans? They may not hand out the DP here, but I think Miami is going to get crushed, and rightfully so if the allegations are proven true.
Time for Double-Secret-Probation, the stiffest penalty of all.

Yeah the hammer is coming down. Miami's going to have to vacate all wins between 1994-2010 (national champions in 2001). Actually, since the statue of limitations is only 4 years or something, they'll just have to vacate wins from 2007-2010. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Look out other schools, stay on the straight and narrow or this is what will happen to ya! (sarcasm font)

It's also kinda interesting that the cleanest period of Miami football since before the Schnellenberger days were the late '90s under Butch Davis - who was recently fired from UNC for NCAA violations.

Yeah the hammer is coming down. Miami's going to have to vacate all wins between 1994-2010 (national champions in 2001). Actually, since the statue of limitations is only 4 years or something, they'll just have to vacate wins from 2007-2010. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Look out other schools, stay on the straight and narrow or this is what will happen to ya! (sarcasm font)

They really need to just do away with that as a punishment. It is worthless.

If you read the story, the NCAA can go beyond four years if circumstances warrant it.

The only way to fix this is if the penalties for breaking the rules include significant cash fines, probation or suspension of the HCs and ADs, scholarship reductions, and post-season bans. Going after the HCs and ADs is the big key, because the risk of losing their huge salaries has got to outweigh the potential rewards to be gained from winning by breaking rules. Couple that with a situation that makes it hard to win going forward and financial peril, and I think the programs will run much tighter ships.

Wait wut? Seriously?

Wow, Sacky, are you being literal here?

Sacky can elaborate, but as I recall, the douchebag U fans shoved Mrs. Sacky causing her to fall down the stairs in the stadium.

you sure this wasn't at Folsom?

Yes, I'm sure. It was in Miami 2005. same game beason got paid $500 for blowing up Klatt.

The story was pretty well told around here after the fact. That game was like a freaking war zone. There were fights breaking out all over the place. After the game, a big shoving match takes place and mrs. sacky gets caught up in it and got thrown down three rows of seats, landing on her back. We waited a half hour for the paramedics to show up to look her over. We were literally the last people out of the stadium. We never got an apology from the assholes who did it, not that we ever really expected one. Miami holds a special place on my "burn in hell and eat a bag of dicks" list.

The story was pretty well told around here after the fact. That game was like a freaking war zone. There were fights breaking out all over the place. After the game, a big shoving match takes place and mrs. sacky gets caught up in it and got thrown down three rows of seats, landing on her back. We waited a half hour for the paramedics to show up to look her over. We were literally the last people out of the stadium. We never got an apology from the assholes who did it, not that we ever really expected one. Miami holds a special place on my "burn in hell and eat a bag of dicks" list.

Sorry to hear that. I was at that game as well and the scene was not cool. It was a striking difference from the FSU game a few years later in Jacksonville. 'Nole fans couldn't have been nicer and a good time was had by all, despite the loss.

North Florida >>> South Florida.

Back