What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Oxford, Mississippi...

So...no new job for Art Briles?

Or Tim Beckman working with the UNC program this year. Absolutely. For players and coaches. Also Baylor taking a transfer of a guy kicked out of Boise State's program for being a rapist. The P5 members should agree on a set of rules and standards that apply equally to all.

Or, hell, even within the current authority of the NCAA any of the cases where coaches move on to new jobs and have no restrictions put upon them but their prior actions cause penalties at their former school.

Or Tim Beckman working with the UNC program this year. Absolutely. For players and coaches. Also Baylor taking a transfer of a guy kicked out of Boise State's program for being a rapist. The P5 members should agree on a set of rules and standards that apply equally to all.

Or, hell, even within the current authority of the NCAA any of the cases where coaches move on to new jobs and have no restrictions put upon them but their prior actions cause penalties at their former school.
It's hard to imagine how something like that would come about. The big programs that drive the conferences like FSU & Alabama wouldn't want it.

Got the dreaded "Lack of Institutional Control" as well as alleging a lack of control by Hugh Freeze.

This link provides additional detail on the specific allegations. This is not going to end well for Ole Miss or Hugh Freeze. At this point I'd be surprised if they don't try to attach a show cause to Freeze given Tressell got one over impermissible tattoos. Key to a lot of the new allegations is they gave immunity to prospects who signed with other schools.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/transcript/

First time I've seen "access to private hunting land" listed as an impermissible benefit...only in the in the SEC. Kind of shocking that nothing listed seems to be related to Tunsil despite him having compromising tweets released during the NFL Draft, kind of shows how difficult it is for the NCAA to pin something down without a cooperating party.

HAHAHAHAHA! This whole "self imposed" **** has got to go though. The NCAA should choose the penalties over the school trying to slap themselves on the wrist.

Blink twice if you need rescue

That self imposed post season ban was delivered with such a tangible degree pain and remorse by the chancellor, AD, and coach. And that's just a 1-year penalty.

I can't imagine what those guys would be like if they were staring down a self-imposed 8-year bowl drought.

If you're the NCAA, and you just found out that ole miss knew boosters gave between $13k and 16k to a high school kid, but that kid chose another school, how do you not immediately investigate the school he chose to attend?

If you're the NCAA, and you just found out that ole miss knew boosters gave between $13k and 16k to a high school kid, but that kid chose another school, how do you not immediately investigate the school he chose to attend?
That logic would have them investigating every single school. You need something to go on. Some evidence not just a hunch.

Apparently the kid got "immunity" from the NCAA and is cooperating with their investigation. So who knows where it might lead.

This story makes me nervous about MM... No way Hugh Freeze survives this and MM has a history of fixing disasters, plus he's a former assistant at Ole Miss...ugh

Gotta wonder if the Ncaa drops the hammer with all the crap they've been getting. I'm thinking they will. Also, I wouldn't think MM would bounce on us this late, he's not Skippy.

MM can afford to be pretty picky going forward. Ole Miss will end up hiring someone like Sonny Dykes.

This story makes me nervous about MM... No way Hugh Freeze survives this and MM has a history of fixing disasters, plus he's a former assistant at Ole Miss...ugh
Ole Miss can throw a lot of $$ at him, but at some point, I'd think he'd get tired of taking on complete rebuilds, which is what Ole Miss pretty much is now and is destined to be even more of in a few years. Plus, as long as Saban is at Bama, does he really want to play for 2nd place in the West every year, and that doesn't even include Auburn, LSU, A&M, etc.?

Meanwhile Baylor is trying to tiptoe around this report and into the 2017 season without anyone noticing them like...

giphy.gif

Seems like schools with money can bounce back a lot quicker than I would have thought. I never expected a coach like Rhule to go to Baylor so it wouldn't surprise me if Missippi could lure a good coach with what they can pay. Any job in the SEC is going to be tough but that it ultimately where people that know Mac say he wants to be.

Seems like schools with money can bounce back a lot quicker than I would have thought. I never expected a coach like Rhule to go to Baylor so it wouldn't surprise me if Mississippi could lure a good coach with what they can pay. Any job in the SEC is going to be tough but that it ultimately where people that know Mac say he wants to be.

Depends on whether the penalties involve much in the way of scholarship losses or not. A rebuild of a situation like CO for a program is down is different compared to one losing 20 - 25 schollies over 3 years which means you're essentially trying to rebuild with one arm tied behind your back. Also, while Ole Miss has SEC money, they ain't USC, their recruiting fell off a cliff this year compared to where they had been.

Seems like schools with money can bounce back a lot quicker than I would have thought. I never expected a coach like Rhule to go to Baylor so it wouldn't surprise me if Missippi could lure a good coach with what they can pay. Any job in the SEC is going to be tough but that it ultimately where people that know Mac say he wants to be.

MM can be in the running for a better SEC job (Tennessee? Texas A&M? Arkansas?) if he is just a little patient.

MM can be in the running for a better SEC job (Tennessee? Texas A&M? Arkansas?) if he is just a little patient.
Agreed and Tennessee is probably a job he would take over most if not all in the country, but multiple people have said he loved his time at Ole Miss, I even remember some of the reporters saying you can't bring up Ole Miss around him because he will chat your ear off about it.

Back