What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Seattle, WA....

We can't have nice things.

It does lead to an interesting thought though.

Is this the start of Petersen instilling a culture in the UW program that leads them to success or is it a sign of some things falling apart in a way that has happened before with former Boise coaches trying to replicate the Boise system at P5 schools leading to failure.

Even though we are in different divisions we seem to compete (and lose to) UW for a lot of recruits. If their program falls into chaos and disruption and we manage to win some games next year could it help our long term fortunes.

Last edited:
It's Peterson saying, I'm not going to put up with that **** and setting a tough example for the locker room.

If I'm a Washington fan, this concerns me.

Huskies are traditionally the main rival to USC for conference supremacy. To be that, they've got to be able to manage big egos.

UW fans want their program modeled after Troy, not Oregon State.

If I'm a Washington fan, this concerns me.

Huskies are traditionally the main rival to USC for conference supremacy. To be that, they've got to be able to manage big egos.

UW fans want their program modeled after Troy, not Oregon State.

Count me as one Husky fan who isn't concerned in the slightest. Granted, with a newborn in the house this year I am not as invested in sports as usual, and that's not really a bad thing since at times my fandom has led me to be irrationally irked depending on the outcome of my team's games....

Anyway, just read the news. Been working hard this week without time for the internet.

I just want to say that I'm one Washington fan who is thrilled to have Chris Peterson as Coach. I haven't been this optimistic since 1992-3 or so about the future of our team.

Marcus Peters is an absolute stud but if he was kicked off the team, I have to believe it was for good reason. I wish him well in his future.

The jury is clearly still out with how well Peterson will do. I think we won't have a clue for another couple of years. Sark was a great recruiter but a poor coach IMO. Peterson is bringing in a whole other system and there is going to be an adjustment period. I'm glad to see that discipline is something that is valued again. Discipline was sorely lacking in the last regime which had the Huskies ranked 100-something in penalties on a regular basis...

Simply put, UW is in rebuilding mode and will be for the next 2-3 years at a minimum. The only good news about this rebuild is that Sark left us with some pretty good talent. I realize that this talent may not mesh with the new system and it is what it is. UW is still years away from being able to compete with Oregon. Sure I'm disgusted but I feel that UW finally has the right guy for the job. Results will not be immediate. Can't change that, oh well.

One way big egos are managed is to set expectations and hold everyone accountable. Even during James tenure players were responsible to their teammates and coaches. If this is what it takes to bring back accountability then so be it. I'm all for bringing in top talent but when a person does not buy into the concept of team then usually bad things happen.

$0.02:popcorn:

Pisses me off. I want Petersen and UW to play the villain. This isn't good bad guy behavior.

Back