What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We Now Take You To Tallahassee, Florida

They were good times. Any CU fan under the age of 25 is a true fan. i was lucky, they won the MNC when I was 9-10. Perfect timing to become a fan.

I was like 4mo old when CU one their title, 4 for FSU's first and 10 for their 2nd. (My dad is an FSU alum, so growing up it was easy for them to become my adopted team) Didn't really become a CU fan or pay any attention to CU until the air force moved us out here and I fell in love with the university around 2005. Talk about a poor stretch to become a fan of a football team...

If you are a star Bowden would play you no matter what. Winston is a star, Bowden would have treated him the same way he treated Warrick.
Or Sebastian Janikowski. Janikowski got in trouble in New Orleans just before that same Sugar Bowl. Bowden said that holding a great kicker like Janikowski out of the game would punish the rest of his team unnecessarily, so he let Janikowski play. Nice rationalization, Mr Bowden.

Or Sebastian Janikowski. Janikowski got in trouble in New Orleans just before that same Sugar Bowl. Bowden said that holding a great kicker like Janikowski out of the game would punish the rest of his team unnecessarily, so he let Janikowski play. Nice rationalization, Mr Bowden.

Isn't that the incident where Janikowski got ticketed for something and then tried to pay the ticket on the spot and got in further trouble for "attempting to bribe a police officer"

Isn't that the incident where Janikowski got ticketed for something and then tried to pay the ticket on the spot and got in further trouble for "attempting to bribe a police officer"
That's the one. I think he was with some friends who were being ticketed for drinking under age (to be fair, New Orleans and under age drinking, go together like Rosie O'Donel and a large spork). He tried to get the cops to let them off by offering some cash. Allegedly.

Too be fair, it's not Bowden's fault. He was looking the other way when all this occurred.

Dude was an enabler and built his program with some unbelievable athletes on his teams that probably couldn't have made it at other universities due to lack of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN has been hilarious this week.

They're all tripping over themselves trying to make the case that "just because this memorabilia dealer who paid Gurley has 95 sequentially numbered footballs with Winston's signature does not mean that Winston actually got paid for them". They're in total support of Jimbo playing Winston this Saturday.

In a complete coincidence, Saturday's #5 Notre Dame @ #2 Florida State game is the primetime game on ABC/ESPN.

They're all tripping over themselves trying to make the case that "just because this memorabilia dealer who paid Gurley has 95 sequentially numbered footballs with Winston's signature does not mean that Winston actually got paid for them". They're in total support of Jimbo playing Winston this Saturday.

In a completely unrelated story, Saturday's #5 Notre Dame @ #2 Florida State game is the primetime game on ABC/ESPN.

FIFY

In a complete coincidence, Saturday's #5 Notre Dame @ #2 Florida State game is the primetime game on ABC/ESPN.

Still not enough for the FSU fans, some of whom have apparently started a movement to boycott attending Gameday on E"SEC"PN.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...in-hopes-of-organizing-gameday-boycott-101614

If the shadiness regarding the investigation had gone down here instead of Tallahassee our administration would have already been burned at the stake.

Still not enough for the FSU fans, some of whom have apparently started a movement to boycott attending Gameday on E"SEC"PN.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...in-hopes-of-organizing-gameday-boycott-101614

If the shadiness regarding the investigation had gone down here instead of Tallahassee our administration would have already been burned at the stake.

Hahahahaa!

It pains me to admit, but Seminole fans have now passed Kentuckyfans to become the second dumbest fan base in America. Look out, 'Bama fans, they're aiming for your crown.

wow. They're even trying to drag the SEC into it, with their claim of so-called "ESECPN SEC BIAS". As if that has anything to do with their star's behavior.

1. Reports of misconduct on ESPN are an unjustified attack on FSU.
2. These reports stem from SEC bias.
3. boycott
4. ....?
5. profit?

What are you referring to exactly? I haven't watched ESPN a whole lot since the weekend but from what I have seen ESPN has been rather critical of Winston and FSU. I heard McShay and Trevor Matich ripping Winston on CFB Live the other night, while Finebaum was completely critical of Winston and the university.

What are you referring to exactly? I haven't watched ESPN a whole lot since the weekend but from what I have seen ESPN has been rather critical of Winston and FSU. I heard McShay and Trevor Matich ripping Winston on CFB Live the other night, while Finebaum was completely critical of Winston and the university.

I see criticism of Winston constantly on ESPN. Just about every talking head finds ways to call him a "knucklehead".

But when discussing whether he should be suspended, they tend to say 3 things:

1 - Manziel did the same thing and was suspended for 2 quarters against Rice. (They also make the point, which I agree with, that the NCAA ****ing that up is what sent the message to other players that it was well worth it to sell autographs.)

2 - The Georgia punishment of Gurley is a separate matter and they can only assume that Richt & UGA has information proving something that goes beyond the level of information that FSU has.

3 - The non-action by Jimbo regarding Winston is completely correct. People are innocent until proven guilty, it's a very minor infraction regardless (see #1), his job is to win games, and there's no "smoking gun" such as a canceled check or bank transfer.

I pretty much have ESPN on all day in the background while I'm working from home, so it's hard for me to say specifically. But everyone from First Take and The Herd through the evening shows has been using those talking points.

That's why it's straight cash homie. Espn are a bunch of pricks so I'm not siding with them at all. He is innocent till he's proven guilty, I agree. If you asked my opinion if he took money, I'd say everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Grand scheme of things, opinions don't matter, facts do.

This morning I heard Boulder mentioned when they were covering the Winston story on ESPN. Didn't catch what that was about. Anyone know?

This morning I heard Boulder mentioned when they were covering the Winston story on ESPN. Didn't catch what that was about. Anyone know?

I'm pretty sue we self reported a violation because we sent a recruiting postcard to Jameis when he was a high school junior.

I heard on the radio when I took my son to school, the authenticated items are no longer 950 or whatever. It's up to like 2000. Take that with a grain of salt, I don't know how accurate it is. Also, the Fsu compliance officer is a convicted felon, albeit back in the 80s, for slanging cocaine. It's a local morning show, I don't know where he got the info from?

950, 2000 what's the difference. I can see 9 vs 950 being "different" but no difference between 950 and 2000.

950, 2000 what's the difference. I can see 9 vs 950 being "different" but no difference between 950 and 2000.
So do you think he took money? Personally, I do, ill be honest. Entitlement is written all over this kids persona. Guys have reached out to him and he thinks he knows better. Defiant is another word I'd use to describe him. This is all just mho, not what media is putting out. He could be a good kid, idk. When he speaks, I just don't buy what he says.

Back