What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We Now Take You To Tallahassee, Florida

The police department and school are just a ****ing joke right now. This is unreal.

The media now smells blood in the water. They'll keep digging for stories. Could get bad if things are as dirty as they seem to be.

In a related story, Olive Garden fired an employee who called in "sick" for work, claiming his car had been totaled the previous evening and he was a little banged up. In a statement, the manager stated, "If our Seminoles can play injured, our employees should work injured."

You got to be a stupid mother ****er to get fired on your day off.

damn_friday.jpg

There will be no death penalty. FSU is a made program. Can't be touched.

I do think the folks at EDSBS will have a field day with this. Probably re-name the Fullmer Cup the Jimbo Cup.

There is a lot more about to come out. Some EXTREMELY bad stuff happening with FSU athletes and the fraternities on campus. We are talking hundreds of rapes covered up.

I do think the folks at EDSBS will have a field day with this. Probably re-name the Fullmer Cup the Jimbo Cup.

Instead of awarding points for convictions, the scale is based on non-arrests?

Completely agree, but FSU would be a perfect example of a program to kill. Maybe one day the ncaa will grow a pair.

I see this ****, and then I remember the 'scandal' of a decade ago, and I want to hurl.

Yep. CU's sanctimonious approach to internal controls was completely out of touch with the rest of the nation and the teeth of the NCAA.

****ing CU Boulder is a case study for every other athletic department in the nation for what NOT to do following alleged sexual misconduct and player legal trouble.

Nobody flogs themselves better than CU.

Lesson: Lawyer up and protect the golden goose.

Yep. CU's sanctimonious approach to internal controls was completely out of touch with the rest of the nation and the teeth of the NCAA.

****ing CU Boulder is a case study for every other athletic department in the nation for what NOT to do following alleged sexual misconduct and player legal trouble.

Naive to question the morality in the last statement?

Nothing is going to happen to FSU unless and until a national media outlet makes it a crusade that becomes to embarassing to ignore.

Yahoo Sports is the one who hung on to the USC story but it took them years to finally get action. FSU might take somebody like CBS News to go after it including some 60 minutes time and some follow up. Unfortunately it seems like the national media has lost it's willingness to do much of this anymore.

FSU and the NCAA right now look to be taking the ride it out and wait for it to go away approach. An approach that has worked with other schools in the past.

Lesson: Lawyer up and protect the golden buffalo.

Better?

There is nothing immoral about less Phil DiStefano and more Lightfoot Franklin & White in the aftermath of player stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flog flog flog, sob sob sob.

The unc thing seems worse than this.

Very good point. It is worse because the link to the university is unquestionable. Unless the cops are also boosters, it just makes them goobers until a direct tie is established.

From an NCAA standpoint the UNC thing is bigger since it goes to the integrity of the university and of the idea of a student athlete.

On the other hand the FSU thing deals with special treatment of athletes, special to the point that criminal behavior is ignored putting innocent people at risk.

My expectation though is that the NCAA doesn't treat either one in a way that's close to what it deserves.

Now if instead of North Carolina and Florida State it was North Carolina A&T and Florida Southern that hammer would come down long and hard.

After observing the USC sanctions and how ineffective they were, for the most part, I don't think the NCAA has the teeth or tools to do anything meaningful to the "money" programs. Yeah, USC was down a little. But they are about to roar back into power. Even with reduced scholarships, the money schools keep bringing in the 4/5's.

if CU were to get the same sanctions SC did, it would set us back 20 years. SC was able to stay Top 25 and set itself up to return to power once the sanctions are done. And that's why the money schools cheat and the CU's of the sport don't.

Last edited:
FSU fans have been flooding the internet during the past 24 hours with (vociferous) claims that they are being victimized by an NYT-led witch hunt.

FSU fans have been flooding the internet during the past 24 hours with (vociferous) claims that they are being victimized by an NYT-led witch hunt.

from what i've observed on national boards, fsu fans are a couple french fries short of a happy meal

Back