What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We should be trying to add a (quality) transfer every year

I don't understand this thinking. The only reason we are even in this situation is because of a freak, catastrophic injury to our PG. Even UofA would see a significant drop off if their starting PG suddenly was unable to play. The freshman were supposed to gain experience this year, they were not supposed to be vital to our success. The situation changed quickly, and we got caught with our pants down.

It was going to take us to the sweet 16 until injury happened, you (insert incredulous insult here)

I don't want to go to the sweet-16, I want to win a national championship. Obviously Spencer's injury was killer but it's not like we were a perfect team before that. We needed 1 or 2 more pieces, this is where transfers come in. Plus injuries are part of the game, that's why its important to build quality depth, which we don't have, but could have been achieved with transfers, rather then adding the likes of King, Talton, and Stalzer.

Please find out which viable transfers there were at the PG position over the last year. Find us those names that should have solved all our problems.

And try and get this through your skull: Transfers are transferring for a reason. THAT IN AND OF ITSELF IS A RED FLAG. Should we have gotten Josh Smith? Or one of those guards that went to Oregon and doesn't play a lick of defense?

There. Were. Not. Viable. Point Guard. Options. Available. To. Colorado.

What good point guard is going to come to Colorado to play behind Spencer ****ing Dinwiddie for one year?

I don't want to go to the sweet-16, I want to win a national championship. Obviously Spencer's injury was killer but it's not like we were a perfect team before that. We needed 1 or 2 more pieces, this is where transfers come in. Plus injuries are part of the game, that's why its important to build quality depth, which we don't have, but could have been achieved with transfers, rather then adding the likes of King, Talton, and Stalzer.

No one under 50 was alive the last time CU hoops made the Sweet 16. If we make a Sweet 16, every one of us should erect an altar to Tad in our homes (if any of you haven't already).

I love how JRK continuously ignores the existence of Carlon Brown to make his arguments. Dumbass.

This idea that Tad is trying, but has to find the "right fit" seems like BS. Of all the quality transfers over the past several years only the two or three that we have been very loosely linked to and may not have really even pursued were the "right fit?" Is Tad Goldilocks? Obviously you have to be somewhat selective but that being said it's not like these guys are ax murderers. To me the right fit is someone whose a good player. Deandre Kane is going for 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists for ISU this year, was he not the right fit? Were JJ Avila's 19 points and 9 rebounds per game not the right fit to replace Roberson? How bout Jenkins, Stalzer, Talton, Mills, Adams, Cain, TDB on current freshman. These guys were the right fit, right? How has that worked out.

Mills was Tad's 2nd recruit behind Roberson, and it was at a time when CU was very thin in the front court(Thx Bzdelik). Remember Tad was hired maybe a week before the spring signing period started. Nothing wrong with taking a chance on him at the time(Context, try using it).

Adams was a good addition who was just injured too much.

Jenkins and Cain didn't work out here, but they were talented and could have been solid contributors as upperclassmen.

Stalzer and Talton are still young and learning the game at the D1 level. Its too early to be dismissing them like you are.

Someone already said it, but Carlon Brown was a transfer.

And due to a terrible lack of depth at point guard, which could and should have been addressed via a four year transfer or juco ranks, we are now in the bottom three teams in the PAC 12 due to the loss of one player. We went from being a very good team to a pretty poor (not even mediocre) team, with the loss of only one player.If Arizona wins the National Title with a D-1 transfer at point guard, maybe you can call Sean Miller and disucss with him his poor decision to recruit McConnell

Check the link:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/standings/_/id/21/year/2014/pac-12-conference

We're in 7th place right now and only 1.5 games out of 2nd place. Just an FYI.

Please find out which viable transfers there were at the PG position over the last year. Find us those names that should have solved all our problems.

There. Were. Not. Viable. Point Guard. Options. Available. To. Colorado.

What good point guard is going to come to Colorado to play behind Spencer ****ing Dinwiddie for one year?

No one would have to play behind him. We could have started 3 guards instead of Wes Gordon. While ideal, I've also never said the players we bring in need to be stars (who expect to start.) Maybe its just a guy who comes of the bench, scores 7-8 ppg and provides some experience and reliability. In the case of this year maybe its not even a PG but having some additional talent nonetheless helps to mask the injury to Spencer.

I love how JRK continuously ignores the existence of Carlon Brown to make his arguments. Dumbass.

Huh? I mentioned Brown in my original post yesterday and contrary to what you're saying I think he, and the success he had here, strengthens my argument for utilizing transfers.

JRK when we're approaching the top 10 - silence

JRK when we fall off because one of the best players in the PAC 12 tore his ACL - we need transfers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some or all of those guys will provide us quality depth as they mature and learn the game, just look at where Talton is this year vs last.

Time to have this discussion again. My only regret with this thread was not preaching for the addition of multiple transfers. We have a huge need at guard, is it so crazy to suggest adding a proven transfer versus some underwhelming european forward? Two springs ago might it have been smart to pursue an 18 ppg scorer like Joseph Young as opposed to George King? Ditto for Talton and Stalzer the spring before that. These are not hindsight is 20/20 type decisions nor is this complicated or flawed logic that I'm preaching here. The fact that Josh Fortune is being talked about as a guy who can instantly come in and be our leading scorer (like Carlon Brown) backs this up. Does anyone wish we had added some mediocre recruit last spring instead?

Tad's recruiting has become increasingly questionable. Our three current commits have a combined zero power conference offers, Mike Macintyre thinks that's low. The two classes before this looked pretty good on paper yet none of those players have made an impact. Transfers on the other hand as opposed to HS recruits are much more proven commodities (you can see what they've done in college), will typically be able to contribute earlier (older/more developed), and are typically easier to land-which is why a lackluster place like CSU (who btw is 27-5 this year) is able to add so many of them. Our only notable competition for Fortune was vaunted LSU.

The concept of "proven transfers" makes me laugh, if a guy has had the opportunity to prove himself, they generally don't transfer.

"proven transfer" is code for discipline, academic, or can't crack the starting lineup at current school.

Once again, can someone please prove to me that Tad ISN'T trying to pull in a transfer? Considering he's done it twice in 4 years (Carlon & Fortune), I'm finding it hard to believe that Tad is ignoring all the players on the transfer market.

The concept of "proven transfers" makes me laugh, if a guy has had the opportunity to prove himself, they generally don't transfer.

May be true in many cases, but it does seem that Josh Fortune 'proved himself' then decided to transfer for personal reasons. As a routine means of recruitment - agree that collecting proven transfers routinely is not a feasible plan. Really, attracting top recruits to CU based on the program is not there yet, so being better than other schools at identifying talent is still the main recruiting option for the Buffs.

Once again, can someone please prove to me that Tad ISN'T trying to pull in a transfer? Considering he's done it twice in 4 years (Carlon & Fortune), I'm finding it hard to believe that Tad is ignoring all the players on the transfer market.

Why can't we get a transfer that doesn't have to sit a year?

Tad's recruiting has become increasingly questionable. Our three current commits have a combined zero power conference offers, Mike Macintyre thinks that's low. The two classes before this looked pretty good on paper yet none of those players have made an impact. Transfers on the other hand as opposed to HS recruits are much more proven commodities (you can see what they've done in college), will typically be able to contribute earlier (older/more developed), and are typically easier to land-which is why a lackluster place like CSU (who btw is 27-5 this year) is able to add so many of them. Our only notable competition for Fortune was vaunted LSU.

Is this true? Yikes.

Back on topic, I do have to say that I agree with J-R-K. We SHOULD be looking at transfers. We should be looking at JUCO's. We should be taking every aspect to improve this team. But, where I get confused is his belief that we're not looking at transfers at all. Everything I've heard has had Tad exploring the transfer market each of the last 3 seasons. Now could he be more successful at it? Probably, but we can't rip him for not trying because I don't think it's true.

I have a friend that's coaching one of the top 3 PG prospects in the nation at the JUCO level.....he's also got some friends (or friend) on the CU coaching staff. When I asked him why CU wasn't coming after his kid (pg) while some of the bigger name coaches in the country have been visiting practice on a regular basis, and he said that he tried to steer the kid to CU, but there was basically no interest from CU... at all. Said that his friend on the CU staff basically told him that Tad had no interest in this kid, and they felt they were good at the guard spot....kind've disappointed me. I understand that Collier is highly recruited player, but this kid is ready to contribute and score right now, and he looks legit.

I have a friend that's coaching one of the top 3 PG prospects in the nation at the JUCO level.....he's also got some friends (or friend) on the CU coaching staff. When I asked him why CU wasn't coming after his kid (pg) while some of the bigger name coaches in the country have been visiting practice on a regular basis, and he said that he tried to steer the kid to CU, but there was basically no interest from CU... at all. Said that his friend on the CU staff basically told him that Tad had no interest in this kid, and they felt they were good at the guard spot....kind've disappointed me. I understand that Collier is highly recruited player, but this kid is ready to contribute and score right now, and he looks legit.

But, considering we supposedly signed a JUCO yesterday - that doesn't mean that Tad doesn't want transfers, it means he doesn't want guards.

and honestly, that's a bigger problem to me than the transfer thing...

But, considering we supposedly signed a JUCO yesterday - that doesn't mean that Tad doesn't want transfers, it means he doesn't want guards.

and honestly, that's a bigger problem to me than the transfer thing...

The signing yesterday screams to me that somebody isn't coming back. Or it's an absolute waste of a scholarship.

The signing yesterday screams to me that somebody isn't coming back. Or it's an absolute waste of a scholarship.

Unless things change, I would expect everyone on the roster that wasn't honored on Senior Night to be back.

Transfer Market? Sounds like you have been playing a bit too much FIFA Ultimate Team I see.

Back