What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We should have kept Embree

JE didn't have anything to work with. Pac12 spread attacks make schools in transition pay on the field. Bunch of frosh and sophs with no qb trying to compete. No chance.

See coach MacIntyre, 1 and 12 then changed it around. It's possible EB was let go too soon. What happens if we win 1 or 2 games next year? Will CU really be in a better spot?

JE didn't have anything to work with. Pac12 spread attacks make schools in transition pay on the field. Bunch of frosh and sophs with no qb trying to compete. No chance.

See coach MacIntyre, 1 and 12 then changed it around. It's possible EB was let go too soon. What happens if we win 1 or 2 games next year? Will CU really be in a better spot?

Certainly won't be worse.

You have a point there. But all of this brings me back to bohn. We're supposed to be competing for championships. At what point did hawk Jr look like he was going to bring us a championship? Bohn did this to us, not JE. Imo Bohn made a grave mistake by not getting rid of Hawk sooner. CU was left with Hansen and Stewart and that's about it. Would've been nice to see Hansen with JE for two years.

You have a point there. But all of this brings me back to bohn. We're supposed to be competing for championships. At what point did hawk Jr look like he was going to bring us a championship? Bohn did this to us, not JE. Imo Bohn made a grave mistake by not getting rid of Hawk sooner. CU was left with Hansen and Stewart and that's about it. Would've been nice to see Hansen with JE for two years.

Our information tells us Bohn wanted him canned, but Benson and DiStepahno said "no" due to cash concerns. The dysfunction at CU is beyond just the AD. The best we can hope for is that the University itself actually supports the program now, as their recent press releases would have us believe. I don't think anyone believes Bohn is a great AD, but the problems run deeper. There is an argument that he has done reasonably well given his bosses. A thin argument, but one nonetheless.

Our information tells us Bohn wanted him canned, but Benson and DiStepahno said "no" due to cash concerns. The dysfunction at CU is beyond just the AD. The best we can hope for is that the University itself actually supports the program now, as their recent press releases would have us believe. I don't think anyone believes Bohn is a great AD, but the problems run deeper. There is an argument that he has done reasonably well given his bosses. A thin argument, but one nonetheless.

Rep, thanks for listening to my small vent.

To be honest the biggest mistake Bohn made was hiring Embree when he knew that JE did not have the skill set to be a HC.

I've read a LOT of stupid **** this week, but this is clearly the singlemost retarded thing I've read on this board. And that includeds bigbang posts.

****ing pathetic.

Meh. Bellotti and Andersen were at the top of most posters' wishlist. Both eliminated us fairly early because of our facilities. That is the type of candidate we could have attracted in 2013, or even better. My point is, sucking in 2013 would well, suck... But sucking in 2014,2015,2016 would be even worse. This is all because I'm not that happy with any candidate remaining on the board

Losing ticket money hurts, but spending millions on a coach and coaching staff that isn't right hurts even more. Plus because we fired Embree after 2, we're basically forced to keep the next coach for 4. Are you guys really that confident someone like DeRuyter/MacIntyre is the guy to lead us to the promise land?

Hmmm. Any takers?

Let us know if you hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Still think he is going to work out great long term. Still know you would have been leading the charge to fire Bill Mac after year two and three (and four) if you had had a voice for people to listen back then.

I know it's hard, but try to keep from being a smug asshole until after the year is over and we can see how/if there was improvement.

And also, thanks for the practice reports. I appreciate them, and I know you are running off disappointment and anger right now..I get it.

I think post 70 applies equally well to post 71 as to that toward which it was originally directed.

spit-take.gif

Something tells me that you'd rather be right than have any football success at CU. WTF?

Hmmm. Any takers?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell you what, we'll talk when an MM team loses to an FCS team, and gives up 35 points in a quarter to a Mountain West team, and when his offensive coordinator calls for a QB sneak under center on 1st and 10 deep in his own territory, or when his team gets called for delay of game because the OC couldn't get the play in on time..... etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Slider is a good guy and a die hard fan. He is just trying to deal with anger at a loss we should have won. Except....we shouldn't have won. We had a weakness and they exploited it. No fluke that they won for sure.

Slider, wtf

While I disagree with Slider's point, I think it doesn't really deserve the response it's getting.

I don't think he's saying that Embree was a better coach than McIntyre.

Rather, his point is that the hire following Embree had to be one that we were 100% invested in for the long term, because it's going to be difficult to turn this one over in short order for performance (three coaches in five years...). I believe he was saying that this hire might have lacked the pedigree required for that kind of long term committment.

I'm still on board with HCMM, but I'm still scratching my head at the lack of toughness I saw along the D-line on Friday night.

While I disagree with Slider's point, I think it doesn't really deserve the response it's getting.

I don't think he's saying that Embree was a better coach than McIntyre.

Rather, his point is that the hire following Embree had to be one that we were 100% invested in for the long term, because it's going to be difficult to turn this one over in short order for performance (three coaches in five years...). I believe he was saying that this hire might have lacked the pedigree required for that kind of long term committment.

I'm still on board with HCMM, but I'm still scratching my head at the lack of toughness I saw along the D-line on Friday night.

Slider is getting the response he asked for with the inflammatory title. the problem isnt hcmm... it was letting bohn hire him instead.
As for your comment on performance of the current staff... jeffcoat better have a hotseat.

Back