What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We still have a long way to go

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
This was the first step in correcting our issues in the short term. We know that CU still needs comprehensive change within the culture and administration. We also know that CU needs new facilities.

As such, I urge you to show your support of CU by issuing a donation tonight. $10, $50, $200 - whatever you can give.

CU made a hard decision tonight. We have asked for this sort of leadership of a long time, and now we got it. Now it is our job to support them and do our best to trust them as they try to get this ship righted over the next year.

BUFFCLUB DONATIONS

We wrote letters, and we threatened. Most of us got what we wanted tonight. Now we need to give them the resources to continue.

Go Buffs!

Odd. I tried to log on to donate, but it didn't recognize my username and password combo. So I clicked on the "forgot my ****" link for assistance and plugged in my email address--the same email address that the AD sends my ticket info all of the time--and was told that it was an invalid email address.

It shouldn't be this hard to donate.

Yes Orr.... that is one of the long term culture and administration things that needs to be fixed :smile2:

I sent an email to Bohn tonight thanking him for making the right, difficult decision. I also said that I would follow through with a donation as promised in a prior email, ONCE a new coach is announced.

I say this because if they go on the cheap and hire some no name position coach who has a CU connection than I will not donate.

I am not going to be too selective b/c we have to be somewhat realistic. But my criteria is that it has to be someone another BCS team is also considering or at least would likely consider.

I sent an email to Bohn tonight thanking him for making the right, difficult decision. I also said that I would follow through with a donation as promised in a prior email, ONCE a new coach is announced.

I say this because if they go on the cheap and hire some no name position coach who has a CU connection than I will not donate.

I am not going to be too selective b/c we have to be somewhat realistic. But my criteria is that it has to be someone another BCS team is also considering or at least would likely consider.

They won't do that I don't think. They've basically got to go big now

Most important part of the whole thing... this can't be forgotten. We must all do what we can if we want to become relevant. Support is what makes a program. Coaches, administration, etc all help but the best programs have the best support and we have LOTS of room for improvement.

Success is a bowl game in 2 years. I think the odds are about 50/50.

2014? Or 2015? Do you think thats a tall order? Or did you mean 2016?

Personally, Id like to see 5-6 wins either next year or the year after as a start. I am assuming, by the way, that we (a.) hire someone quickly and (b.) assemble a staff that can get out and get some recruits for this class. Which is by no means a sure thing. And we are thin at several positions already making the next couple of years a tough road.

2014? Or 2015? Do you think thats a tall order? Or did you mean 2016?

Personally, Id like to see 5-6 wins either next year or the year after as a start. I am assuming, by the way, that we (a.) hire someone quickly and (b.) assemble a staff that can get out and get some recruits for this class. Which is by no means a sure thing. And we are thin at several positions already making the next couple of years a tough road.

Shut up about wins! Jesus!

I'd like to see a team that looks well coached and organized and can tackle. I'd like to see a team that doesn't get embarrassed on the field. I'm not thinking wins and losses right now. We have other factors to consider before that becomes our measuring stick.

Year one I just want to see the basics like tackling, playing with confidence and sound game plans form the coaches. Not asking for much here.

We need to beating teams like Sac State and CSU. The PAC-12 is tough so I know will not be world beaters immediately but the blowouts by 50+ points need to stop.

Absolutely agree. I'd love to see 5+ wins next year, but right now, I'll be happy with player improvement, solid gameplanning/calls, and some forward progress that shows the future is bright.

I just sent my new donation! Others please follow up on the pledge if you made one and show your support if you have the ability.

Back