What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We take you now to Austin TX

They recruited their QBs under Mack through a network of his friends who are high school coaches and other alumni etc... The list of amazing college QB's that wanted to go to Texas but weren't offered a spot under Mack Brown is seriously impressive. RGIII and Johnny football are two recent ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Andrew Luck was basically ignored at a Junior Day.

When Colorado fans are making fun of your QB evaluation skills you have serious problems. Watching this Baylor game I'm still trying to figure out why Texas didn't do the obvious thing and hire Briles.

Jameis Winston also said he was interested in Texas but the Texas coached said they didn't think he was serious. Later he said he would be playing for Texas instead of fsu if they would have offered haha. Might be b.s. just to piss off Texas but still funny.

When Colorado fans are making fun of your QB evaluation skills you have serious problems. Watching this Baylor game I'm still trying to figure out why Texas didn't do the obvious thing and hire Briles.

I've wondered this myself. Bridles seemed to be the obvious choice. Strong kinda came out of left field. I wonder if Briles was ever contacted, or if the PTB in Austin felt they were too good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered this myself. Bridles seemed to be the obvious choice. Strong kinda came out of left field. I wonder if Briles was ever contacted, or if the PTB in Austin felt they were too good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stories i heard were that Briles is pretty anti-UT from his days as a HS coach....and UT would have risked a pretty public form of rejection by pursuing Art. UT's suffocating pride can't have that.

this same discussion about QB i have always thought you could have about the RB position at Texas. since Ricky Williams and Priest Holmes (the latter didn't get too many carries at UT anyway...and were both recruited by Mackovic i think). Cedric Benson seemed great against lower level teams, but not so much against elite competition. Malcolm Brown hasn't been the dominant back he was purported to be...

Last edited:
this same discussion about QB i have always thought you could have about the RB position at Texas. since Ricky Williams and Priest Holmes (the latter didn't get too many carries at UT anyway...and were both recruited by Mackovic i think). Cedric Benson seemed great against lower level teams, but not so much against elite competition. Malcolm Brown hasn't been the dominant back he was purported to be...

It's funny how every discussion of blue chip underperformers at Texas can be connected to Mack getting lazy with his recruiting. The running backs aren't getting any help getting their yards because the offensive line recruiting has been horrible as well. Dating back to the later years of Mac McWhorter as position coach, it highlights a group of aging coaches who won their national championship and thought all they had to do in the tiresome game of recruiting was just throw offers at the top rated at their position in the state and the class would build itself.

Jamal Charles is another UT back who looked great as a FR and never did much else at UT. didn't really seem to get better. then, nice NFL career.

Last edited:
Back