1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We take you now to Tallahassee, Fla

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by L Buff, Nov 14, 2013.

1. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so here it is.

2. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

as usual, nothing going to happen here. Keep moving

3. CanadianDuck

CanadianDuck Well-Known Member

Hmmm while I realize the situations are different, this feels a lot like how the Cam Newton saga started.

4. L Buff

It's a confusing story. The description of the suspect doesn't match that of Winston ... so how was he possibly involved? As a witness? And why did it apparently take a FOIA request for the police report for this to come to light?

But the state's attorney is similarly perplexed as to why he is (allegedly) just hearing about this now.

5. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

This is irresponsible journalism by ESPN as usual. There is no story yet. No charges, no allegations, he has simply been contacted about it.

6. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

The description of 5'8-10 doesn't matchup, but at the same time if he has nothing to hide, why is he refusing to talk to the cops? If I'm innocent I want my good name back, but I'd imagine legal speaking this is the right move.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

say nothing to the cops. ever.

8. Shldr2Shldr

You have 5th amendment rights for a reason. Answers can give them probable cause. Never say anything.

9. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

[video=youtube;5NNOrp_83RU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU[/video]

10. L Buff

I don't see anything in the article that says he is refusing to speak to the police ... only that he hasn't been interviewed. That indicates to me that they have never requested an interview, especially since he was apparently not even named in the police report.

11. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

How is this irresponsible journalism? It's boring and says next to nothing, but hardly irresponsible. I agree somewhat, there is no full story yet, but in today's instant news world, sites would lose a lot of traffic if they ignored news and their competitors ran with it.

FYI, near identical stories appeared on CBS Sports and other sports sites around the same time.

The only information in the article that I read that was non factual or not a quote was the end about how great a season Winston is having, and it's hard to argue that even that's not a fact.

12. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Yeah sure, but if I'm innocent I'm also trying to clear my name.

13. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

An ESPN article said it.

14. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

My wife went through a thing last year where she was accused of something she didn't do. After the ordeal she went through, I can tell you - as great as it sounds to fight the good fight and clear your name, you are much much much better off saying jack **** and lawyering up as soon as you think you might need to, no matter what people might think it 'looks like'. Your freedom is much more valuable than your pride.

15. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Nothing you say will help you. There's a reason why it says in the Miranda rights "anything you say or do may be used against you." You can talk with the police, but just make sure you have an attorney present. It's their job to find the perpetrator. They'll latch onto anything.

16. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

So you don't blame the Ramseys for hiring lawyers right away and refusing to talk to the press without them present.

17. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I kind of get that, no one will believe you from a PR standpoint as well. Whatever you say won't be believed.

18. Alfred91

Nope. I did at the time, but after seeing what my wife went through, not at all.

People think, "well, if I didn't do anything wrong, I have nothing to worry about". Unfortunately, all it takes is one misspoken word and a cop or prosecutor with a burr up his ass to make your life a living hell.

19. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I was only 11 at the time and I remember my dad saying how he thought they guilty since they immediately hired lawyers. You probably have a point here.

Sorry about the ordeal with your wife.

20. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

The court of public opinion will be against you. Unless real evidence surfaces then you won't be in jail. The police ****ed up the Ramsey case something fierce. They would have gone after the parents if they hadn't lawyered up to cover up their ineptitude. Doesn't mean they did it or not.

21. Alfred91

It happens. Sort of a occupational hazard for what she does. Hopefully it won't ever happen again, but if it does, we know what to do. I appreciate it though.

22. Alfred91

Anyone else think Jameis Winston would have never seen the field if he had this happen in Boulder?

23. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

No

24. CanadianDuck

CanadianDuck Well-Known Member

25. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I have no problem with him being prosecuted, statute of limitations probably aren't close to running out. I do think the timing of this is odd... right as he's in the midst of a Heisman Trophy race.

26. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

More interesting indeed.

27. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I am sure Colt Brennan thinks so....

28. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Don't give Ringo any ideas, there are still a couple games left

29. Shldr2Shldr

He still has not been formally charged. Very strange set of circumstances. Winston's attorney also has 2 witness that fully corroborate his story. Is this an instance of two drunk folks at a bar, and now one is regretting it? Is she trying to hop on the money train that Winston will likely be driving? Did he actually assault her? I can't imagine that the attorney would be parading around 2 eye witnesses if that was their story. Very, very odd the timing of it all.

30. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

At this point, the only possible defense he has is that it was consensual. The timing to me is what gets me as well. The victim said she was afraid to come out because of his notoriety. Isn't this even worst than last year, when he was much less known especially to non-cfb fans? Someone on a different board compared to Jerry Sandusky. I told them that was a terrible example because Sandusky had become less known not more known like Winston.