What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wear black, not blue!

What very much will resonate is that team or coach saying things like...."no winning season in 4 years", "last place in the Big 12", "players transferring and questioning the coach/leadership", "talent never sees the field", "we kicked their ass 4 years in a row" etc. etc.

:yeahthat:

Wear your gold shirts with black armbands...that should get a message across.

I personally hate the dumb ass powder blue stuff. :rolleyes:

I understand that argument now....but I don't think it could ever be used on a recruit....if another team or coach were trying to cut CU down, a detailed analysis argument like this would never resonate with an 18 year old High school student.

What very much will resonate is that team or coach saying things like...."no winning season in 4 years", "last place in the Big 12", "players transferring and questioning the coach/leadership", "talent never sees the field", "we kicked their ass 4 years in a row" etc. etc.

I know. And I can understand why people think I am getting worked up over something that isn't actually that big a deal, while at the same time they are trying trying to make it a big deal, thus the whole "let's support the powder blue protest".

It just leaves a bad taste. And bad taste lingers for a long time.

Yeah, but those are objective arguments, which are easily laid to rest if the Buffs start winning. If we where blue, however, he can still always point out, "yeah, but their fans are a bunch of *****holes.

Wrong! Who the hell is going to watch CU play A&M outside of College Station and Boulder this weekend?

What people will see is a highlight on ESPN where the announcer makes light of the fact that CU fans are wearing blue in some sort of protest. No one will get the true point.

Our opponents will just end up using it against us.

Check over Norlin and tell me if it says "Who knows only his own football program remains always a child."

Let's get some perspective.

A&M has a bonfire. OU has car dealerships and guns. Nebraska has Lawrence Phillips. U$C has Reggie Bush's estate and OJ. Florida State cheats on tests. Alabama has committed every infraction under the sun. Former Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer has an award named after him for his dirty program.

Tell me fans from Penn State or Miami or Michigan or Ohio State are squeeky clean.

Need you be reminded about CU's track record with 5-Star RB's, 70-3, Ward Churchill, Hnida/Lisa Simpson rape allegations, that term of endearment, Rae Carruth, that one coach who's daughter was knocked up by the QB, and the tens of thousands of Nebraska fans who have had their tires sliced and their grandmothers pushed down stairs and showered with piss balloons?

If CU gains infamy for a benign non-violent Blue Out instead of any of the aforementioned warts, then that would be a major step in the right direction.

Go Buffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but those are objective arguments, which are easily laid to rest if the Buffs start winning. If we where blue, however, he can still always point out, "yeah, but their fans are a bunch of a****holes.

i would hope that future buff recruits would have the brains and self-confidence to see through any opposing recruiter who has to resort to that tactic in the place of winning record, head-to-head competition, player defection, etc...

I know. And I can understand why people think I am getting worked up over something that isn't actually that big a deal, while at the same time they are trying trying to make it a big deal, thus the whole "let's support the powder blue protest".

It just leaves a bad taste. And bad taste lingers for a long time.

You have just revealed the founding principle of Allbuffs... We plan to be here forever...:thumbsup:

skiddys' on fire.

Sorry. We were just trying to get in the aTm spirit.... :cool:

Yeah, but those are objective arguments, which are easily laid to rest if the Buffs start winning. If we where blue, however, he can still always point out, "yeah, but their fans are a bunch of *****holes.

Seriously? :huh:

You made it to a game lately?

No. But why call more attention to a bad situation? You really want national sports press about some "protest" by wearing powder blue? It would have to be explained to the viewing public and it comes off.....lame.

No. But why call more attention to a bad situation? You really want national sports press about some "protest" by wearing powder blue? It would have to be explained to the viewing public and it comes off.....lame.

We don't have to explain it to the viewing public. The people that the protest is aimed against understand full well the significance. No need to explain it to anybody else at all.

We don't have to explain it to the viewing public. The people that the protest is aimed against understand full well the significance. No need to explain it to anybody else at all.

There was a post about it being covered on ESPN...that means it will have to be explained.

Do you agree with this, Sacky?

I think it will backfire.

There was a post about it being covered on ESPN...that means it will have to be explained.

You just don't have enough upsetness yet. You'll get there.

I'm curious. What is the worst that could possibly happen with a Blue Out?
What is this 'backfire' of which you speak?

Motivational posters and farks?
The attire of the fans bringing the FB program to it's knees?
Long time fans not renewing FB tickets because of blue t-shirts?

Seriously...how does this fan behavior undermine the program more than the 2-6 record in year four?

The concept is simple: If we're going to have a team that looks like Chuck Fairbanks is coaching it, then we as fans need to look like we're supporting a Chuck Fairbanks team.

Well those going to the game (no matter their attire) are the ones who make the difference. I'm not ragging on people who live elsewhere and can't make the games, but you personally have no right to say this thing is stupid and wont work.

Let me see if I understand this: adding to the humiliation of losing to aTm by showing up in powder blue is somehow a positive thing? I don't get it. No one -- not Bohn, not DH, not the allbuff crowd -- is happy about the situation. NO ONE. DH is getting fired, this year or next (depending on financial considerations) What's the point of embarrassing your school even further? Do you really think powder blue makes a statement of any importance whatsoever?

Wear black and gold! Support the Buffs.

Let me see if I understand this: adding to the humiliation of losing to aTm by showing up in powder blue is somehow a positive thing? I don't get it. No one -- not Bohn, not DH, not the allbuff crowd -- is happy about the situation. NO ONE. DH is getting fired, this year or next (depending on financial considerations) What's the point of embarrassing your school even further? Do you really think powder blue makes a statement of any importance whatsoever?

Wear black and gold! Support the Buffs.

How does the part that is in bold equate to supporting the buffs?
When wearing black and gold comes to mean expecting to lose, then it's time for a change.

What about Cabral?

He shouldn't have to see powder blue at his 300th game.

Go Buffs!

It's about abandonment as much as symbolism. At least that is what our opponents will say.

Recruits might very well think twice about signing for CU. Isn't risking failure already enough? Why should they have to risk national humility on top of that?

Wearing blue is a gimmick. And a dangerous one at that. Our Big 12 foes will love it!

The least of our worries is the color of clothing being worn to the game. All our opponents have to do is wave the crappy losing record of this regime, with little hope of redemption if Hawk stays, in a recruits face and we'll lose him.

Showing up in powder blue will do more to damage our reputation than showing solidarity by wearing black during difficult times. Wear, back, not blue!

If you were really worried about damage then Hawk would be gone. Blue will do more damage than four straight losing seasons, 15-30, 2 road wins in four years and seeing walkons replace highly rated recruits is a joke.

man, who invited this everydaybuff dude? Solidarity? we're Buffs man...we are bonded by our upsetness.

If you ain't tuff enuff to wear blue then don't. But leave the rest of us alone. You people sound like the dachsunds next door...yapyapyapyapyapyapyapyapyap

What would hurt this program more, 5000 people in powder blue in the stadium cheering for the team on Saturday or 5000 people that decided to stay home?

Back