What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Webb is the QB

RSSBot

News Junkie
Remember last week when the coaching staff teased the possibility that the open QB competition could bleed into the first few games of the season? Well... about that...
Buff fans do you like Sunflower Seeds?The Buffalo is the official animal of what state?
— Jon Embree (@JEbuffs) August 15, 2012
Before I even got home from work, Coach Embree had sent out that tweet, cryptically signaling that the coaching staff had named their starter, and that it was Kansas transfer Jordan Webb. I commented yesterday that Buff Nation would know more after the upcoming weekend's scrimmage, but Coach Embree didn't even bother to wait for that live-fire test. So much for a long, protracted battle.
Anoint him with oils, he's been chosen. From: the BDC
Of course, it's not like this wasn't expected. Recent comments by the coaching staff had made it very clear who they were favoring. It was only a matter of whether the coaching staff would afford Wood the remaining time before the season to try and close the gap.

So, with a week and a half to go before the RMS, CU has their QB. But that doesn't mean everyone in Buff Nation is happy with the result. While the news was still digesting, noted Buff commentator Tyler Ziskin raised a few salient points.
Of Webb's 17 career losses... he's lost by 50+ points 2x, 40+ points 4x, 30+ points 4x...of his 17 losses only 3 have been by single digits
— Tyler Ziskin (@TZiskBuff) August 15, 2012
Webb has thrown for 200+ yards just 5x...only 3x vs BCS opponents.He has 1 career 300 yard passing game.He lost to 1-AA ND St in 2010
The depressing truth about new #Buffs QB Jordan Webb. He's 4-17 in his 2 years at KU, 1-16 vs BCS opponents.Last BCS win?9/11/10 vs GT
Jordan Webb hasn't had over 170 yards passing since Oct 8, 2011, a span of 7 games.All in lopsided losses, conducive to passing yards
Not exactly the stuff of legend, is it? His point, and it's a fair one, is that the staff put far too much importance on Webb's last two years as a starter.

Of course, I've been on the Connor Wood bandwagon since his arrival last fall, so I'm predisposed to agree with TZisk. I've always been enamored with Wood's measurables, and I just don't hold Webb's "experience" in high regard, having come in a program reeling through their own calamitous coaching era. While it's true that Wood had yet to see any of a collegiate field, his career, at least, isn't lousy with losing.

However, the decision has been made, and I'm nothing if not a CU homer. I for one welcome our new Jayhawk overlord, and wish him luck garroting the lambs on Sept 1st.

8030839680057503187-1196323357916544362

zRI1r9Nfp5A

Remember last week when the coaching staff teased the possibility that the open QB competition could bleed into the first few games of the season? Well... about that...
Buff fans do you like Sunflower Seeds?The Buffalo is the official animal of what state?
— Jon Embree (@JEbuffs) August 15, 2012
Before I even got home from work, Coach Embree had sent out that tweet, cryptically signaling that the coaching staff had named their starter, and that it was Kansas transfer Jordan Webb. I commented yesterday that Buff Nation would know more after the upcoming weekend's scrimmage, but Coach Embree didn't even bother to wait for that live-fire test. So much for a long, protracted battle.
Anoint him with oils, he's been chosen. From: the BDC
Of course, it's not like this wasn't expected. Recent comments by the coaching staff had made it very clear who they were favoring. It was only a matter of whether the coaching staff would afford Wood the remaining time before the season to try and close the gap.

So, with a week and a half to go before the RMS, CU has their QB. But that doesn't mean everyone in Buff Nation is happy with the result. While the news was still digesting, noted Buff commentator Tyler Ziskin raised a few salient points.
Of Webb's 17 career losses... he's lost by 50+ points 2x, 40+ points 4x, 30+ points 4x...of his 17 losses only 3 have been by single digits
Webb has thrown for 200+ yards just 5x...only 3x vs BCS opponents.He has 1 career 300 yard passing game.He lost to 1-AA ND St in 2010
The depressing truth about new #Buffs QB Jordan Webb. He's 4-17 in his 2 years at KU, 1-16 vs BCS opponents.Last BCS win?9/11/10 vs GT
Jordan Webb hasn't had over 170 yards passing since Oct 8, 2011, a span of 7 games.All in lopsided losses, conducive to passing yards
Not exactly the stuff of legend, is it? His point, and it's a fair one, is that the staff put far too much importance on Webb's last two years as a starter.

Of course, I've been on the Connor Wood bandwagon since his arrival last fall, so I'm predisposed to agree with TZisk. I've always been enamored with Wood's measurables, and I just don't hold Webb's "experience" in high regard, having come in a program reeling through their own calamitous coaching era. While it's true that Wood had yet to see any of a collegiate field, his career, at least, isn't lousy with losing.

However, the decision has been made, and I'm nothing if not a CU homer. I for one welcome our new Jayhawk overlord, and wish him luck garroting the lambs on Sept 1st.

8030839680057503187-1196323357916544362

zRI1r9Nfp5A

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back