What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Webb Onboard

I'm really happy about this. I didn't want to go into a season with no quarterbacks with significant game experience and no quarterbacks older than a sophomore.

At least Webb is a known quantity. You can win a D1 football game with him behind center. That's a proven fact. He was the guy who led KU to the upset of Georgia Tech a couple years ago as a freshman.

Maybe he starts, maybe he doesn't. But now we've got some experience and a baseline of what he's done + incremental improvement. That's either better than the other guys or we've got someone even better than that. It removes a big question mark for me.

The more I have thought about this the more I like it. He is probably no worst than TH was last year and maybe a little better. So if one of the other guys beats him out we should have a little upgrade at QB. If not then it is not the end of the world. I like everyone else would like to see a stud QB step up for the Buffs. It does not appear to have happened yet.

The more I have thought about this the more I like it. He is probably no worst than TH was last year and maybe a little better. So if one of the other guys beats him out we should have a little upgrade at QB. If not then it is not the end of the world. I like everyone else would like to see a stud QB step up for the Buffs. It does not appear to have happened yet.

179 comp
281 att
1884 yards
63.7%, 6.71 ypa
13 tds
12 ints
126.7 rating

231 comp
412 att
2883 yards
56.1%, 7.00 ypa
20 tds
11 ints
125.5 rating

How do those stat lines compare in peoples' minds?

The first was Webb in 2011, the second was Hansen in 2011. And with a short time under Rip Scherer and a new offensive system, Hansen went from a QB who threw as many INTs as TDs the season before to a guy who was about 2/1 on the positive side of the ledger.

Don't count Webb out or think it's DOOM if he's our starter.

179 comp281 att1884 yards63.7%,6.71 ypa13 tds 12 ints 126.7 rating

231 comp412 att2883 yards 56.1%,7.00 ypa 20 tds 11 ints 125.5 rating

The first was Webb in 2011, the second was Hansen in 2011. And with a short time under Rip Scherer and a new offensive system, Hansen went from a QB who threw as many INTs as TDs the season before to a guy who was about 2/1 on the positive side of the ledger.

I like the CP more then the TD/INT. It shows hes accurate. The TD/INT just shows how bad of a team KU was

I like the CP more then the TD/INT. It shows hes accurate. The TD/INT just shows how bad of a team KU was

Completion percentage coupled with the yards per completion suggests that he wasn't really tossing the ball down the field that much. Not trying to bash his accuracy, but it seems like he may have been sticking with higher percentage throws which doesn't necessarily tell us everything we need to know about him. Nik's point is well taken though, Rip has shown the ability to really "coach kids up," so we shall see.

Completion percentage coupled with the yards per completion suggests that he wasn't really tossing the ball down the field that much. Not trying to bash his accuracy, but it seems like he may have been sticking with higher percentage throws which doesn't necessarily tell us everything we need to know about him. Nik's point is well taken though, Rip has shown the ability to really "coach kids up," so we shall see.

Remember in 2009 when Tyler entered that road game at Texas in the 4th quarter and also how we looked in the game at Cal in 2010? That's what KU's offensive line looked like all of last season.

179 comp281 att1884 yards63.7%,6.71 ypa13 tds 12 ints 126.7 rating

231 comp412 att2883 yards 56.1%,7.00 ypa 20 tds 11 ints 125.5 rating

I think Webb can be a lot better than Tyler was last year. People do not realize how bad the supporting cast at KU was last year. I hope that Dillon or Wood step up and show what a 4 star QB looks like...but lacking that Webb brings experience to the table.

I think Webb can be a lot better than Tyler was last year. People do not realize how bad the supporting cast at KU was last year. I hope that Dillon or Wood step up and show what a 4 star QB looks like...but lacking that Webb brings experience to the table.

Put me in this camp, as I have no idea what the skill position talent was like for KU last year. However, our skill position situation isn't exactly what you would call ideal. A converted DL to TE, a bunch of true freshmen at WR and an unproven stable of RBs. Ours is a situation where we will really want the QB to make the folks around him look better as opposed to relying on the supporting cast making the QB look good.

Put me in this camp, as I have no idea what the skill position talent was like for KU last year. However, our skill position situation isn't exactly what you would call ideal. A converted DL to TE, a bunch of true freshmen at WR and an unproven stable of RBs. Ours is a situation where we will really want the QB to make the folks around him look better as opposed to relying on the supporting cast making the QB look good.

If nothing else we should have a better line in front of him than he had at KU. I saw a couple of their games and it looked like the pass rush got to him about the same time as the snap did, even out of the shotgun.

I have no idea how good he will be at CU. I hope he is a depth guy and Wood plays up to his talent and rankings and grabs the job with Webb as a back-up and letting Dillon have a stress free RS year. My personal feeling is that bringing in Webb was a result of the coaches having no confidence in Hirsch being able to come back healthy from his foot problems and wanting to have a solid back-up with some experience.

Back