1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wed Nov 18th 9:29 a.m.- footballscoop update- Karl Dorrell ?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Nov 18, 2009.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Colorado:
    Sources close to the situation tell us that Athletic Director Mike Bohn is interviewing former Colorado/UCLA coach and current Miami WR Coach Karl Dorrell
    this weekend. Our source also confirmed that Oklahoma Defensive Coordinator, Brent Venables, seems to be the best candidate in the search process
    so far

http://footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

who sent this bogus info to them ? :huh:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  2. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

That **** had better be bogus, or I want Bohn gone too.

3. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Well the Dolphins do play on Thursday night so Dullard is available during the weekend..

Shanahan is close to Dullard also..

Don't want Dullard as head coach.. I rather keep Talkins.. :saythat:

Venables news ain't anything new.

MiamiBuffs likes this.
  4. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

FIFY :thumbsup:

I know who sent them this one!

5. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

6. BuffInDC

BuffInDC New Member

Karl Dorrell?

If that went down Bohn will be out of a job. Not saying KD is a horrible hire, its just that everyone has much better expectations.

7. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I don't have a problem with it, the more people Bohn talks to I think he will get the right coach for the job. Explore options.

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Is anyone really positive bohn can make a good hire?

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

well you could say that he's due.. :smile2:

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Dorrell has the resume to justify an interview. I'd love him back for OC/WRs. Not so much as HC.

I don't believe he's the right guy, but I've been wrong before and will be wrong again when it comes to HC candidates. No matter who our next HC is, I will support him 100% until he proves he doesn't deserve my support.

11. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

PLEASE.GOD.NO.

Dorrel is a step Back from Hawkins.

12. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I guess he figured that with a lot of people going from CU->UCLA he could stop the bleeding with a former UCLA HC.

Him talking to and interviewing people is a GOOD thing people. He isn't extending out a job offer just yet. You don't interview 1 person and immediately hire them (which it appears he did so in the past). You interview as many candidates as possible.

However, a concern is that maybe people do not want to coach here at CU for whatever reasons (bad pay for BCS level coach, can't sign assistants to more than 1 year, academic restrictions, not a very fertile recruiting ground, etc...). We do not want people to turn down CU and look for a second-choice kind of guy.

13. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

if he hires someone you want then, no.

:smile2:

14. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

yes.

15. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

At this point, I would take Kermit the Frog over Hawkins. Dorrel wouldn't be an ideal choice but I would take him over Hawk any day of the week, too bad they didn't do that the day after Toledo or we may have had a bowl game to look forward to.

Anyway, I am on the Shanny wagon at this point! Give me Shanny or give me a new AD! ;)

16. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  17. MiamiBuffs

Calm yourself sport. The notion that Shanny is going to take this job for a song is very, very far fetched. The man has a market value of $7million per year. He's not going to settle for the peanuts we have to offer knowing he can get $5mil, or even the lowly $4million available to him after the 2010 NFL season. The calculus of that equation is working against us.

I'm not saying its not going to happen. But I doubt that capacity for charity work is really there.

18. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

The whole Shanny argument is predicated on his being available for a lower college salary for the two years he's still getting paid by Bowlen. He could work anywhere for those two years, even at CU for a million or 1.8 as has been suggested elsewhere.

19. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

You gotta strike gold sometime if you keep digging

20. MiamiBuffs

Someone posted that the contract was up at the end of 2010. If thats true then we might only have Shannahan for 1 year before he goes back to the NFL.

I dont disagree that he might accept what CU has to offer along with his other income. If he does only have 1 year left then it may not be worth it for us. Two years make a lot more sense in that argument giving time to build a staff and so fourth. The other side of it is he may only intend to work five or six more years and may view the college gig as a nice sunset to his career. Hell, in two or three years we might be able to afford giving him 3mil per.

21. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Dan Hawkins didn't work...but Hawkins had the highest winning percentage in college football when he was hired....Bohn went with the hot name...just like people are throwing out names like Kelly and Patterson.

Bohn hired Bzdelik and he is turning the basketball program around on the inside and the outside.

Maybe Bohn should be criticized for the outside search party he used and maybe this time he should use his own judgement better...it worked with Bzdelik.

22. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

What coaches that were hired in the past year or two in the NFL are getting that much? I am under the impression that it is down around the $2million mark now in this economy. Maybe someone who has been in a job for a while like Tomlin can command that in a new contract but I don't recall any new coaches signing for that much.

23. MiamiBuffs

Ezactly! Hell, Hawkins name was mentioned in the same sentence as Notre Dame if memory serves before he came to us. He was a hot commodity. It sucks because down deep he is a good guy and I am sure tried. It just didn't work out.

24. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

It seems like this website throws crap out into the air just to see what kind of reaction they get.

25. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Fixed.

26. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Fixed.

27. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

The Dorrell thing was another test to see how well they verify their info. It's a confirmed hoax.

28. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

:lol: no thanks. Dorrell is the WR coach for the Dolphins right now and the Dolphins WRs are god awful. I guess it probably isn't all his fault, but Ted Ginn and Patrick Turner (not even active yet this season) have not become any better under him. The best WRs are Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo, which give Ebner and Espy a real run for their money as most outmatched WRs in football.

29. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find this source. Everything I can find that seems credible says that Shanahan was fired with THREE years remaining on his contract. 2009 was year 1, leaving 2010 and 2011 as still under the Broncos pay.

30. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, Dorrell definitely put his ass on the line when he took that job. For years he had the Johnson-Westbrook (both 1,000 yards) and Smith-McCaffrey (both 100 catches) on his resume, but every Ted Ginn dropped pass lowers his value as a "WR guru".