What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 12 Other Games

That is an insane amount of people. Does it keep a college vibe? How bad are the nosebleed seats.

That is an insane amount of people. Does it keep a college vibe? How bad are the nosebleed seats.
I've never been to the Carrier Dome but I'm guessing when there's 15k empty seats atleast and being in a football stadium, the environment probably feels somewhat sterile. At the same time, I'll bet Cuse fans like it.

I've never been to the Carrier Dome but I'm guessing when there's 15k empty seats atleast and being in a football stadium, the environment probably feels somewhat sterile. At the same time, I'll bet Cuse fans like it.

they curtain a large portion off so it feels much smaller. it's obviously a dome and not cameron indoor but it isn't exactly being in the georgia dome either.

they curtain a large portion off so it feels much smaller. it's obviously a dome and not cameron indoor but it isn't exactly being in the georgia dome either.
Not Jerry's World or Reliant Stadium when there were 2k people at that UCLA-Texas game last year. Is it being curtained off tomorrow?

Not Jerry's World or Reliant Stadium when there were 2k people at that UCLA-Texas game last year. Is it being curtained off tomorrow?

I'd assume so, or else they'd just go all out and push for Carrier football capacity 49k crowd tomorrow. Curtain keeps the noise in and they'll want that, too.

14183847-mmmain.jpg

This was the Syracuse-Georgetown game last year, I'd imagine it will look similar to this tomorrow.

This is how they lay out the court for basketball compare to the football layout. They are not doing anything different from the normal basketball layout today. Last fall they talked about moving the court to the middle and use all the seats but in the end they decided against that. Also, most of the seats are that bad for basketball because of the way they lay the court out, plus the Dome isn't that big to begin with - only seats about 50K

football.jpg

get_chart.aspx.jpg

Michigan State about to lose at Georgetown. That hurts the B1G's power rating a bit. Sparty has been gutted by injuries this year. If they get healthy by tournament time, though... watch out.

Michigan State about to lose at Georgetown. That hurts the B1G's power rating a bit. Sparty has been gutted by injuries this year. If they get healthy by tournament time, though... watch out.

What to make of Georgetown. Had lost five straight and then deciding to show up and beat Sparty. Hoya RPI is still within range despite the poor record.

What to make of Georgetown. Had lost five straight and then deciding to show up and beat Sparty. Hoya RPI is still within range despite the poor record.
Perception of the B1G is starting to change. Wisky losers 5 of 6. tOSU losers 5 of 7. Teams losing to Nebraska and Northwestern. The team that had an average OOC record but clearly played the best schedule is undefeated in the conference in Michigan.

Perception of the B1G is starting to change. Wisky losers 5 of 6. tOSU losers 5 of 7. Teams losing to Nebraska and Northwestern. The team that had an average OOC record but clearly played the best schedule is undefeated in the conference in Michigan.

Plus Indiana is down.

Still a very strong conference.

Probably going to Dance:

Michigan State
Michigan
Iowa
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Minnesota

Iowa's got to watch that non-conference SOS and make sure to finish with a winning conference record, though.

Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana each have a shot to get on the right side of the Bubble with a strong run to close the year. Nebraska actually has the SOS to make them the best looking resume of the 3.

Plus Indiana is down.

Still a very strong conference.

Probably going to Dance:

Michigan State
Michigan
Iowa
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Minnesota

Iowa's got to watch that non-conference SOS and make sure to finish with a winning conference record, though.

Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana each have a shot to get on the right side of the Bubble with a strong run to close the year. Nebraska actually has the SOS to make them the best looking resume of the 3.

As much as I hate to say it, Chrissy Collins is clearly improving Northwestern. NW was god awful to start the year and is on a very nice run in conference play.

super pumped for the CUS @ SDSU game. There doesn't seem to be any other good game on today.

super pumped for the CUS @ SDSU game. There doesn't seem to be any other good game on today.

I'm watching Washington @ Washington State (27-25 at half) on PACN.

Duke-Syracuse is on and it's early on ESPN.

Utah State @ Wyoming about to start the 2nd half on ROOT.

#15 Iowa @ Illinois at 5:30 on BTN.

USC @ Oregon at 6 on PACN.

Boise State @ UNLV at 6 on CBSSN.

Zona @ Cal at 8:30 on PACN.

St Mary's @ BYU at 9 on ESPN2.

Not a bad slate at all for hoops junkies. Even Tennessee at Alabama could end up being a very entertaining game (7pm, ESPN2). Tenn is a very athletic bubble team and Bama can be much better than its 9-11 record, having played a brutal schedule and a lot of good teams down to the wire.

I don't see a curtain for the Syracuse game. Great crowd though, not sure what's it's like in upper deck where Shannon Spake was.

I don't see a curtain for the Syracuse game. Great crowd though, not sure what's it's like in upper deck where Shannon Spake was.

Yes they usually have the curtain up but I'm guessing they don't put it up for the bigger games to improve the sight lines

Yes they usually have the curtain up but I'm guessing they don't put it up for the bigger games to improve the sight lines
Yeah it looks that way from the Georgetown game I linked last year, maybe anytime they get above ~25k or they move it back atleast.

I must say it was a better environment than I was thinking it be. I hate the domes on TV even for the Final Four.

I'm watching Washington @ Washington State (27-25 at half) on PACN.

Duke-Syracuse is on and it's early on ESPN.

Utah State @ Wyoming about to start the 2nd half on ROOT.

#15 Iowa @ Illinois at 5:30 on BTN.

USC @ Oregon at 6 on PACN.

Boise State @ UNLV at 6 on CBSSN.

Zona @ Cal at 8:30 on PACN.

St Mary's @ BYU at 9 on ESPN2.

Not a bad slate at all for hoops junkies. Even Tennessee at Alabama could end up being a very entertaining game (7pm, ESPN2). Tenn is a very athletic bubble team and Bama can be much better than its 9-11 record, having played a brutal schedule and a lot of good teams down to the wire.

your sarcasm meter is not calibrated. Of course I am watching Syracuse -Duke.

This Cuse - Duke game is so good. Really worth watching. 2 point game, Cuse up, without about 4:30 left

Sounds like Dickie V won't be doing the CU/UofA game, with that Dan Shulman comment that they'll be at the rematch since that's the same night. Dickie V doesn't do too many games in the western USA. I know he goes to Colorado fairly often, so I thought he might make an exception here.

I'm actually rooting for Duke. Can't stand to see Syracuse flopping so much.

I feel dirty, gonna go cry in the shower now.

Back