What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 2 Other Games

A little perspective on all the talk about Wyoming slowing the game down, not letting the Buffs play the way we want to, and the way that it took away the athletic advantages.

Tonight, soon-to-be #1 Michigan State hosted Columbia. Columbia had a 26-22 halftime lead. Sparty figured thing out at halftime, increased their intensity, and ended up winning 62-53. Sound familiar? (CU was down to WYO 31-26 at half and won 63-58.)

MSU was actually fortunate to escape. Shot 0/7 from 3pt range while letting Columbia go 7/16. They even got out-rebounded. But they powered their way to a win by getting to the FT line 30 times to Columbia's 11. An ugly win is still a win.

North Carolina, who I'm increasingly skeptical of, also had a battle with Holy Cross. Tied at half, Carolina eventually won by 8, 62-54 but it was not easy. Holy Cross hung around throughout.

UNLV is just WAY off. Only leading Nebraska-Omaha 70-68 after getting their doors blown off by UC-Santa Barbara.

UNLV gets bailed out and escapes 73-70. They face Arizona State, Illinois and Arizona in their upcoming games....Dave Rice feeling the heat.

MWC is looking like a 2-bid or 3-bid league this year. After New Mexico, Boise State and SDSU, I really don't know who I could see getting there. RPI for the conference doesn't look like enough is going to go well in the non-conference to give anyone much of a bump in conference play.

In the midst of all the talk of high scoring games and an unprecedented number of teams getting to the century mark, leave it to the B1G and Big East to team up and produce a 52-35 game, #10 Ohio State over #17 Marquette in the battle of two of the more annoying coaches to grace the game.

A little perspective on all the talk about Wyoming slowing the game down, not letting the Buffs play the way we want to, and the way that it took away the athletic advantages.
It also helped that they had pretty strong depth. They were able to hack and foul and keep us from getting anything easy, also taking us out of rhythm. I'm very pleased we escaped with a win when in previous years, we'd lay down when the going got tough.

Indiana State wins @ #21 Notre Dame, 83-70.

Closest thing we've had to a significant upset this season. But that's one where we knew going in that ND was in trouble if they weren't on today. Nice job, tISU.

Closest thing we've had to a significant upset this season. But that's one where we knew going in that ND was in trouble if they weren't on today. Nice job, tISU.

Yeah, the Sycamores are pretty solid and will be competing in the MVC and pushing for a Dance invite. Shouldn't do too much damage to ND in the long run, this is pretty typical of Brey teams to lose a few and then turn it on in conference play.

Belmont giving the Turd Heels more than they wanted ... 62-60 UNC with 8 minutes to go.

Belmont giving the Turd Heels more than they wanted ... 62-60 UNC with 8 minutes to go.

Yeah. I owe the Belmont fans an apology. They were up 10 when I flipped to it and UNC promptly went on a run.

#7 Michigan @ Iowa State is the game to watch at the moment. 34-35 at the half.

Belmont wins 83-80.

Roy Williams got owned at the end of the game.

BELMONT!!!!

Gawd ... I so love seeing the Turd Heels lose ... at home no less! :lol:

Iowa State defeats #7 Michigan in Ames, 77-70. That's going to be a valuable win for the Clones come March

Watched the first half of the Ore St - Maryland game. MD player takes a shot at the halftime buzzer ... ball was clearly still in his hands when the backboard lit up, no doubt. Not even nearly as close a call as Chen's against Arizona ... yet the refs let it count, even upon review. Unless it is somehow reversed during halftime, OSU got hosed.

If you're going to review a play on video ... and disregard what it clearly shows, why bother with review at all?

Yes ... I am STILL steamed at getting hosed by the cowardly refs last year in Tucson. **** AZ!

EDIT: They DID reverse the call upon further review. Good for them. Perhaps Chen's "sacrifice" bore some good fruit after all.

Last edited:
Iowa State defeats #7 Michigan in Ames, 77-70. That's going to be a valuable win for the Clones come March

Just further evidence that pre-season rankings (be it in basketball or football) mean diddly.

Ore St up 53-45 on Maryland with about 16 minutes left. GO BEAVS!

Just further evidence that pre-season rankings (be it in basketball or football) mean diddly.

I think Michigan is pretty good. No shame in a competitive loss to a solid Iowa State squad in a hostile environment. If anything, I think it shows just how tough the road is in college hoops.

Iowa State was favored in that game so not a big shock. Good win for them either way.

Last edited:
Watched the first half of the Ore St - Maryland game. MD player takes a shot at the halftime buzzer ... ball was clearly still in his hands when the backboard lit up, no doubt. Not even nearly as close a call as Chen's against Arizona ... yet the refs let it count, even upon review. Unless it is somehow reversed during halftime, OSU got hosed.

If you're going to review a play on video ... and disregard what it clearly shows, why bother with review at all?

Yes ... I am STILL steamed at getting hosed by the cowardly refs last year in Tucson. **** AZ!

EDIT: They DID reverse the call upon further review. Good for them. Perhaps Chen's "sacrifice" bore some good fruit after all.
Wonder if they would've reversed it if was the end of the game? I still think the refs were afraid what would happen when they left if UofA had lost there.

Back