What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 4 Other Games

We have a Shocker hoops poster on here, he'd know. I don't know enough about that coach but know what u mean.

It makes ya wonder how long they can hold onto the current coach.

Maybe he realizes what Shaka realized. Proven he can get his current program to the Final Four so why not stick around unless something absolutely perfect fits for him? These guys seem to be in less of a rush to take that typical mediocre SEC job that pops up these days. I know nothing about Marshall's ambitions, although I do know he's a South Carolina native and went to college in Virginia.

Maybe he realizes what Shaka realized. Proven he can get his current program to the Final Four so why not stick around unless something absolutely perfect fits for him? These guys seem to be in less of a rush to take that typical mediocre SEC job that pops up these days. I know nothing about Marshall's ambitions, although I do know he's a South Carolina native and went to college in Virginia.

Probably comes down to the wife. Working the hours that a college coach does with the associated travel, it may come down to whether the wife would prefer to be rich in Wichita or some place else. If there are kids, wanting them to finish school in the same place could be a factor. Unless it's an opportunity that's too good to pass up, these types of things really drive things behind the scenes. I'd think more so these days than with the old school coaches.

And they lost. :lol:

UNLV's gonna be looking for a new coach.

Total debacle. I've been skeptical of Dave Rice since we beat him...Still have to go to Tucson. Not a good situation to be entering this year's MWC with no remotely decent OOC wins. They're in deep ****.

Metro State beats a couple of D1 teams this week and loses to Rhode Island by 3 in the Pre-season NIT tourney.

Is this Bob Knight on commentary in the Duke vs. Bama game?

Yeah. He has become my 2nd favorite college hoops color guy behind Bill Walton. Knight is so knowledgeable that it almost brings it to the level of random Joan Baez anecdotes, but not quite. :smile2:

Yeah. He has become my 2nd favorite college hoops color guy behind Bill Walton. Knight is so knowledgeable that it almost brings it to the level of random Joan Baez anecdotes, but not quite. :smile2:

Yeah. I'm really enjoying it. He is really good in a weird way. I like how he can just stay silent when he doesn't have anything to say. But when he says stuff, it's interesting.

I didn't know it but Duke plays Ucla too. That'll be two PAC 12 matchups against them with Zona Friday.

UVA escapes, 76-73.

Florida escapes Florida State, 67-66.

Illinois coming down to the wire in a 1 pt game with IPFW (whatever that is) with under a minute left.

Texas is struggling with Texas-Arlington late.

SMU beat Texas A&M. They way they and Boise State are playing has me feeling much, much better about the struggles the Buffs had in our scrimmages. Also, Tad's a genius for playing teams that could educate our young team before the games counted.

Iowa blew a pretty sizable lead against Villanova. Now in OT.

Iowa is vastly improved this year coming off an NIT Runner-up campaign last year

With the size they have I don't know why they don't go inside more. It's a lot harder to win games when you rely on outside shooting as much as they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa blew a pretty sizable lead against Villanova. Now in OT.

Iowa is vastly improved this year coming off an NIT Runner-up campaign last year

This has been a fun game to watch.

Both teams are good and can shoot the rock. Nova had a bit of a hangover after the emotional win over Kansas, but once they got it together it's been a back-and-forth game of runs. One of the better games I've seen so far this year.

There's a men's tournament in Boulder right now? Santa Clara, Rice, North Dakota State and Rider?

That's a typo on the ESPN board. I looked it up earlier. The "Cable Car Classic" is something Santa Clara hosts every year. Weird that it reads Boulder, CO.

Back