What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Weekly Coaches Shows for fall Olympic Sports (Soccer and volleyball)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Thought I'd start linking to these weekly features in this thread to make it easy for those interested in seeing them.

Assume most if not all of you have seen them for one sport or the other? (I believe all the team sports have them.) Anyway, they are weekly video shows (usually I believe in the 5-6 minute range?), one with the soccer coach(es), one with the volleyball coach(es), usually with a few highlights and maybe an interview with a player or two. Usually the main topics are how the coaches felt about last week's matches, and a quick preview of who they're playing this coming weekend.
(I don't think I've ever seen Coach Wetmore on one of these weekly shows for cross country.?.)

Anyway, the 1st weekly show starting from today is "This Week in Colorado Soccer" with Coach Sanchez being interviewed- http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4296892 .
(Note- soccer has already had a couple earlier shows this year, and I believe volleyball had one preview video, that can be found at cubuffs.com and clicking on the video menu option.)

Along with getting to see the highlights of last week's games, it was interesting to hear that this week's opponents (both matches being home one's at Prentup Field) could definitely be a challenge:

This Friday afternoon's match is against Cincinnati, who is off to a 2-1-1 start (same as the Buffs), and are just coming off a win against Providence.
Sunday afternoon is against old conference foe Iowa State, who I believe the Coach said is 3-1 and evidently coming off a GREAT road win over (I assume then?) #10 ranked Pepperdine. (Note- sounds like there is also a promotion for this game- 1st 100 fans who arrive on their bicycles get a free t-shirt.)

Note- I haven't heard of volleyball offering this, but please note the soccer program is always open to the public asking them (I assume reasonable) questions that will get answered in the next week's program. Per the below tweet, sounds like you just need to tweet your question with a #TWICS hashtag.

Last edited:
Back