What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Weis as good as gone from Notre Dame?

Note to self. Notre Dame is an elite job. Notre Dame has unlimited funding for football. Notre Dame hired the Stanford coach who was an up-and-comer, looked like a great hire. Didn't work out. Notre Dame hired the Offensive Coordinator from the #1 franchise in football, it has failed miserably. Notre Dame has had one bad hire after another.

I think hiring is a crap shoot. A lot of schools with a lot more $$$ than Bohn have failed to get it right several times. (Alabama before Saban, OU before Stoops, USC before Carroll, NU with Callahan and tbd with Pelini, aTm several times, etc, etc, etc)

Quite true. For every Bob Stoops there is a Buddy Teevens.

What BCS caliber school would keep a .347 coach after 3+ years?

I would say that the Belicheat coaching tree has been a huge failure so far. I really hope McDaniels is the real deal in Denver cause every other ex belicheck assistant has failed miserably.

Some of them *cough* Mangini *cough* have failed twice.

Yep, you're right. But you'll also notice that they don't settle for mediocrity. When a coach isn't producing, they can his ass and go find another.

To be fair, they have the money to not "settle for mediocrity." They can afford to give a guy a ridiculous extension after 1 year and still get rid of him whenever they want. We can't afford to get rid of a guy who received what appeared to be a fairly reasonable extension after 2 years. Big difference.

To be fair, they have the money to not "settle for mediocrity." They can afford to give a guy a ridiculous extension after 1 year and still get rid of him whenever they want. We can't afford to get rid of a guy who received what appeared to be a fairly reasonable extension after 2 years. Big difference.

We need to be a bit more creative (and not give out extensions that guarantee the entire contract), but there's no reason CU can't do the same on a smaller scale.

the bleacher report is saying that unconfirmed sources within the program have acknowledged weis will be fired at the end of the year. come on Chris Martin, you know you want to be a buff!

I heard from a buddy of mine who's a big ND fan that the buyout for Charlie Cheeseburger is somewhere in the $18MM range. :wow:

They don't care, but that makes our problems seem trivial in comparison.

They're apparently going after Kelly hard.

the bleacher report is saying that unconfirmed sources within the program have acknowledged weis will be fired at the end of the year. come on Chris Martin, you know you want to be a buff!

Martin's trippin' to Norman this weekend. Might be just having fun doin' the traveling thing. Or, he might be more serious about NOT attending sorta lame than we think.

Martin's trippin' to Norman this weekend. Might be just having fun doin' the traveling thing. Or, he might be more serious about NOT attending sorta lame than we think.

Is his Mom going to say that a degree from OU is more impressive than one from Notre Dame?

:lol:

Jack Swarbrick.....

It is very bizarre to see my last name associated with Notre Dame...

Last edited:
As long as ND gets somebody as good (bad) as Weis is to replace him with, I'm down with that!

I despise ND so I always find it funny when one of their coaches gets fired, especially if Weiss gets that fate because he's such an arrogant pompous-ass. But on the other hand, I don't want them to possibly get a good coach and start parlaying all that talent and national exposure into a USC-like dynasty.

I despise ND so I always find it funny when one of their coaches gets fired, especially if Weiss gets that fate because he's such an arrogant pompous-ass. But on the other hand, I don't want them to possibly get a good coach and start parlaying all that talent and national exposure into a USC-like dynasty.

How many of their stars are gone if Weis goes? A lot. Mass exodus I would imagine, far worse than what may happen here.

How many of their stars are gone if Weis goes? A lot. Mass exodus I would imagine, far worse than what may happen here.

True, because if Clausen and all those receivers were to come back next year they could have a pretty good team, regardless of who their coach is.

I dont agree. Most of the important kids often stay through the transition. I dont remember a team where a new coach came in and a lot of people transfered. The team has to agree to release them. If these kids are underclassman they'll probably just declare for the NFL.

I dont agree. Most of the important kids often stay through the transition. I dont remember a team where a new coach came in and a lot of people transfered. The team has to agree to release them. If these kids are underclassman they'll probably just declare for the NFL.

:nod:

A few recruits usually decommit, but that's about the extent of it.

Back