What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Welcome to Salt Lake City!

That struck me as well. BYUtah. Get with the program. One school, one voice, one husband, but different father.

My bad. So, is it BYU-SLC we got in the conference while BYU-Provo went independent?

This is conference realignment thing is so confusing.

I can't determine whether you guys are all a bunch of dumbasses with the byu talk or if you are just trying to get a rise out of us so I will reserve judgement.

I can't determine whether you guys are all a bunch of dumbasses with the byu talk or if you are just trying to get a rise out of us so I will reserve judgement.

We dealt with Utah fans coming on here and talking trash then we had other Utah fans come out and tell us those were really BYU fans in disguise. Then we had other Utah fans come on and say that they were Utah fans not BYU fans. Sounds like utah is just a ****ed up place with an identity crisis.

I'm starting to thing DevilDog is "Moose". A perennial headache from Utes boards, MWC boards, PAC 12 boards etc. He's been banned 100 times but he reappears under other names.

You guys are so weird. I have never seen a fanbase run around from board to board like this

In all seriousness I'm just not feeling this "rivalry". You can't just manufacture a rivalry. Maybe it will become one, maybe not. There has to be some history. Maybe if I was 60 I'd feel different because I'd have at least some distant memory of playing you guys. I just don't get the Utes fans who act like it's already a rivalry. At this point it's contrived. If you guys kick our ass Friday I may change my mind though. :huh:

Don't worry, our team doesn't find actually playing football on the road to be important

My bad. So, is it BYU-SLC we got in the conference while BYU-Provo went independent?

Yes, BYUtah-SLC is who we have and BYUtah-Provo went independent. They are all on the same team and practice together, but since they have so many players, they have been able to field a Varsity and JV team. Provo is the Varsity team, but since SLC has been outperforming the last few years, Provo got butthurt and defensive and Larry Scott didn't like that so he had to settle with taking their JV team to our conference.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

In all seriousness I'm just not feeling this "rivalry". You can't just manufacture a rivalry. Maybe it will become one, maybe not. There has to be some history. Maybe if I was 60 I'd feel different because I'd have at least some distant memory of playing you guys. I just don't get the Utes fans who act like it's already a rivalry. At this point it's contrived. If you guys kick our ass Friday I may change my mind though. :huh:
Agree with the sentiment. Don't think you need to worry about he upset.

You guys are so weird. I have never seen a fanbase run around from board to board like this

That is weird exactly how? I've gone on maybe 4 rivals boards over the last 8 or so years. The only reason I came here was that I heard people were being dicks to Shasta so I followed the link to see WTF

Correct, UU is really a BYU extension. They're both the same school, different campuses. A lot like CU/UCD/UCCS.

Welcome to the AllBuffs bar and grill, Tacoma.

We see you have reservations with us.

Please be seated. Your order is ready.

Yes, we are a bunch of dumbasses.
We really aren't trying to get a rise out of you.
It's just been difficult to figure out who is a friendly Ute, who is a loser Ute and who is a BYU fan disguising themselves as a Ute.

We can't really hold much of a conversation with Ute fans without BYU coming up, especially when we mention our ancient National Championship. So we kinda blurred that whole Wasatch strange liquor law scene together. It works for us. I'm sure you understand.

No hard feelings, though.

That is weird exactly how? I've gone on maybe 4 rivals boards over the last 8 or so years. The only reason I came here was that I heard people were being dicks to Shasta so I followed the link to see WTF
Shasta had some bad timing. The two dog guys beat him by a day, so our blood was up a little bit. We welcome rival fans here that contribute.

Agree with the sentiment. Don't think you need to worry about he upset.

As a matter of fact I can't think of a single PAC12 team I'd root for to beat Colorado. Maybe UW because I've been up here almost 20 years. No, I'd probably relish flipping my UW friends $#!+ if you guys waxed them. I think the only way this will develop into a heated rivalry is if there are some heartbreaking losses (one way or the other) or if we find ourselves perennially fighting each other for the top of the South. I just don't get the attempt to assign who our, or your rivals are. It's gotta develop naturally.

So far, UW is leading the way in suck in terms of their fans. The Cal fans, Wazzu fans, and the Duck who flew south for the winter have made good impression on us here. UCLA sucks ass too. So it's a toss up for those two teams for me so far. What has your experience been with fans so far?

As a matter of fact I can't think of a single PAC12 team I'd root for to beat Colorado. Maybe UW because I've been up here almost 20 years. No, I'd probably relish flipping my UW friends $#!+ if you guys waxed them. I think the only way this will develop into a heated rivalry is if there are some heartbreaking losses (one way or the other) or if we find ourselves perennially fighting each other for the top of the South. I just don't get the attempt to assign who our, or your rivals are. It's gotta develop naturally.

The one thing going for er, against, you is the color red.

Welcome to the AllBuffs bar and grill, Tacoma.

We see you have reservations with us.

Please be seated. Your order is ready.

Yes, we are a bunch of dumbasses.
We really aren't trying to get a rise out of you.
It's just been difficult to figure out who is a friendly Ute, who is a loser Ute and who is a BYU fan disguising themselves as a Ute.

We can't really hold much of a conversation with Ute fans without BYU coming up, especially when we mention our ancient National Championship. So we kinda blurred that whole Wasatch strange liquor law scene together. It works for us. I'm sure you understand.

No hard feelings, though.

I probably came across as a bit edgy in my first few posts. I get a little defensive when I here us thrown in the same heap with the Madrassa in Provo. LOL. I'm pumped for this game for no other reason than because of an unbelievable choke job by Erickson's boys we could actually go to the title game. As far as byu I don't even want to schedule them anymore. The rivalry isn't fun anymore it's just ugly. You can beat their ass 54-10 and 95% have an explanation as to why they were really the better team. You wouldn't really understand unless you had lived among them. They are **cking insufferable.

Sorry, I'll try not to bring them up anymore, I'll stick to major conference teams. :)

I hate everybody equally (except for black people; I don't hate them because then I would be a racist) so you aren't special, you suck just as much as everyone else. We were dicks to shasta because he sucks equally.

So far, UW is leading the way in suck in terms of their fans. The Cal fans, Wazzu fans, and the Duck who flew south for the winter have made good impression on us here. UCLA sucks ass too. So it's a toss up for those two teams for me so far. What has your experience been with fans so far?

As far as condescension and not thinking UU was worthy to join their conference I'd go with UCLA although their have been a couple notable exceptions who have been cool as hell. UW has some dickhead fans to be sure. A minority but the minority can be a headache if you go to Husky Stadium. I went to a UW/Madrassa in Provo game up here in about '96 and I had two people try to fight me because I was wearing Ute gear. WTF? Is blue the same as red? I was their to cheer the Huskies and these guys are wanting to fight me because I'm wearing a Utah shirt.

The last time I saw a Utah Oregon game in person was in the mid to late 80's. The Duck fans were rowdy but very cool then.

I hate everybody equally (except for black people; I don't hate them because then I would be a racist) so you aren't special, you suck just as much as everyone else. We were dicks to shasta because he sucks equally.

So I guess we all suck then. I need another beer!

The answer to that either-or question is "yes". :smile2:

Beer? Are you a jack Mormon?

SLC is only about 35% Mormon and a large % of those are "jackmormons". I was born & raised in Ogden. Never been Mormon. Ogden is like 29% Hispanic and most of them are Catholic. SLC and Ogden have all the vices of the big cities. Nudie bars, brewpubs, hookers, weed, heroin, gay parades, ....and gasp....beer at every convenience store and supermarket. It's weird, so many people up here in the Seattle area ask me. "Oh, you're from Utah? What did you do down their if you wanted a beer?" Ummm, same thing as here, went to the store and bought a 12 pack or went to the bar. WTF?

You know what will keep it from being a rivalry for Buff fans?

You guys are too nice.

Since we think everyone and every group is full of **** and deserves our ridicule, we'll have some fun with you. It's not necessarily coming from a place of friendly jabs yet... we don't know you. For the same reason, it's not mean-spirited either. We're testing you guys out. If you dish it back while making us laugh or ogle, it will all be good. Could be a fun conference rivalry and a game we'll get up for. (Cal's the first program that got there. I'll always look forward to playing them.)

But if you act all butthurt and don't show a sense of humor, I don't think this is going anywhere. Reason being, I simply don't think you folks can muster the Husker level of arrogance and self-righteous indignation over a fanbase having the audacity to hurt their butts. Without that, it's just annoying.

What I think you'll do is act like the Beav when he through Eddie Haskel was being mean to him. That's just ****ing annoying and not worth our time.

SLC is only about 35% Mormon and a large % of those are "jackmormons". I was born & raised in Ogden. Never been Mormon. Ogden is like 29% Hispanic and most of them are Catholic. SLC and Ogden have all the vices of the big cities. Nudie bars, brewpubs, hookers, weed, heroin, gay parades, ....and gasp....beer at every convenience store and supermarket. It's weird, so many people up here in the Seattle area ask me. "Oh, you're from Utah? What did you do down their if you wanted a beer?" Ummm, same thing as here, went to the store and bought a 12 pack or went to the bar. WTF?

I spent a lot of time in SLC....my old man grew up there, is a Ute, and catholic. I have not been back in 15 years or so, but the Mormons carried a lot of weight. Hell, you could not have a drink in many restaurants. You had to bring your own. The hypocritical jack Mormons were the best.

Bull****. You don't hate black folks as much as everyone else because you've got a Tosh-like fear of them. Time to step up, be a man, lose your racism, and start hating black folks as much as everyone else.

Back