1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome To The Pac12 from A Washington Husky

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PurpleReign, Jun 18, 2010.

1. PurpleReign

PurpleReign New Member

This dawg wants to welcome you to the Pac12! After being stuck with first Gilby then Ty Losingham, I understand your frustration and hope you land a good coach soon. There were some great games between your Buffs and my Dawgs and I look forward to renewing a rivalry :thumbsup:

[video=youtube;5LkTS_l9uWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LkTS_l9uWQ[/video]

fcjack1 and chipwich like this.
  2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

we already have one of you here... piss off... :lol: joking... welcome to allbuffs and enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

3. Del

Del Member

Welcome! Looking forward to going to some games that aren't in bum **** Egypt i.e. Ames and Waco. You guys have a pretty nice venue to see a game at too with the lake in the background. Glad to be in a league that doesn't have TexASS in it.

4. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

See! Thats how you come on our board. Thanks Reign.

Wheres that Ute jackass? he needs to see this.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

6. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Huskies -- by far my favorite dog. :)

How's the stadium project going? Are y'all still planning on removing the track and all that jazz?

7. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Looking forward to some great games.

8. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Welcome PR!

Have to say, U-Dub has always been one of my favorite Pac-10 schools. Beautiful setting and some great teams back in the day. There was a period during the whole unfortunate Skippy mess when I wasn't a big fan, but in hindsight I think we should thank you for taking him off our hands and sympathize with the price you paid for doing so. Glad Locker will be gone before we have to meet you, but I think Sarkisian will put together a perennial winner up there....

Now, if you'll kindly refrain from drinking our booze and stealing our women (unlike some of your fellow Mutes), I think we'll get along great.... :thumbsup: :gobuffs:

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Welcome Purple.

I'm anxious to get to Seattle to catch some games in coming years. It's no Ames, Iowa, but we'll take it.

Go Buffs!

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Yeah. I've seen that Seattle skyline and there isn't even a single grain silo. I bet they don't even go cow tipping there. Oh well. I guess I'll find something to do in Seattle.

11. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

Welcome Purple Reign! UW is probably one of my most eagerly anticipated matchups! Can hardly wait for that.

You hit the nail on the head comparing our coaching situation to yours in the past. We just made a terrible hire and have had to endure the BS for too long. We'll get a new one here in a few years. I actually think the team will go 7-5, 8-4 buying him another season until the end of his contract.

PR, do you have a UW forum/message board that you frequent? I haven't see any great one's. I'm also looking for a slick Pac 10 board if there is one. Not interested in pay sites though.

12. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Our UW quota has been filled already. Sorry. :)

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I'm thinking we can give one of them the Wazzu spot. If, by some miracle, a wazzu fan stumbles in here, we'll figure out what to do then. Maybe the great Portland Ute debate will be solved by then and we can open up a spot there... :thumbsup:

14. PurpleReign

PurpleReign New Member

Pac10 Forums

DawgMan.com is the main Husky forum that I am aware of, it's not super active but it's also not dead by any means, has around 8,000 members. There is a pay section of the forum, but plenty of Dawgs and even an annoying amount of fducks and koogs hang out in the free football section. If you find a more active Husky forum, please let me know :smile2:

Hmm, I'm not aware of a Pac10 forum, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Here are the forums that are pretty decent:

Huskies - Dawgman.com
    fDucks - Educk.com
    SC - WeAreSc.com
    Cal - BearInsider.com
    Cats - goazcats.com
    Devils - DevilsDigest.com

Koogs - Not aware of an active forum, doesn't mean there isn't one though. A handful of slow forums, maybe CougFan.com.

OSU - Not aware of an active forum, doesn't mean there isn't one though. A handful of slow forums. Maybe pure-orange.net?

Stanford - Not aware of an active forum, doesn't mean there isn't one though. A handful of slow forums.

UCLA - Not aware of an active forum, doesn't mean there isn't one though. A handful of slow forums. Sometimes go to ucla.scout.com

There may be active forums for some of those teams, I'm just not aware of them. Each team does have a forum on both the Scout and Rivals networks though.

15. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

PR, Thanks for the welcome! And yes those were some pretty good smashmouth games back in the day. Now get everyone here a beer!

16. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Proof There is a God.....

I am a diehard Buff fan (see handle) who just moved to Seattle 1 year ago, I went to 5 Husky games last year and bought season tickets this year due to how awesome seeing games at Husky Stadium is.

So, now that it is settled and we have the brand new Pac 12 I say Amen! Having the Buffs move to the Pac 10 now that I live in Pac 10 country is proof there is a God and he loves me!! Long live the Pac 12 and the Buffs coming to Seattle every few years.

I couldn't be more excited for this season. Sept 18th Jake Locker gets to destroy the Fuskers here on Lake Washington and the Buffs entering the league most likely next season. WOW it doesn't get any better.

17. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Damn it. Lucky.:thumbsup:

18. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Actually the Legislature last year killed the stadium project but.......The school just recently announced they would scale down the project and raise the funds themselves and do their own renovation. Going to be pretty cool when it is all said and done.
    (this was a response to an earlier post about Husky Stadium renovation, sorry for any confusion)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  19. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This is what I'm going to love about being in the Pac - our "operatives" in virtually every Pac city. There are CU fans and alumni all over the West Coast. Many of them are already season ticket holders for Pac schools. Travel well? We don't have to. We've already moved there. It's like what we have to deal with with nebraska, only in reverse. We'll have great showings in every single Pac location, except for maybe Pullman. Not a lot of CU grads in Eastern Washington.

20. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

I always thought of Udub as the Colorado of the Pac 10, a lot of similarities in the schools.

21. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

I was at the 2001 Rose Bowl with Purdue and Washington.

Looking forward to see both our programs get back to our 2001-2002 form.

22. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

Pullman is an hour & a half from cour d'alene (sp?) idaho...there's a ****in great golf course there...I'm thinking we could get a readied arranged for a cougs game fairly easily...

23. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

The 1990 Colorado/Washington game was one of the best I've ever seen.

There were an awful lot of future pros on the field that day.

24. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I was at that game...that game was awesome!

25. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

what about the 96 holiday bowl?

a classic win for the buffs over the dawgs...beautiful night in san diego and great game to watch.

26. PurpleReign

PurpleReign New Member

If the dawgs and buffs can return to their former glory, the Pac12 will get a lot more respect nationally and with bowl invites. Look forward to it :smile2:

27. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I can respect the private aviation available to our new friends in Wahington. Is this standard Pac10 operating equipment?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  28. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Football-wise, yes, UW is our equivalent. Idealogically, I'd say that Oregon and Cal are pretty similar to us.

29. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

30. PurpleReign

PurpleReign New Member

I can't wait for this game! I for one am really excited to have the Buffs in the PAC and to rekindle a rivalry with you guys. Welcome to Seattle Buffs (but GO DAWGS!).