What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, looks like I'll be in Iowa for the ISU game.

Highflyer

Club Member
Club Member
Booked our trip back to Iowa so that the wifey's extended family, grandparents, etc can meet Quinten (our two week old baby boy). So, we think we have grandma signed up to baby sit and will be going to the game in Ames.

Any other buffs going?

Cool. I don't really care.

So despite this thread jacking, is anyone going to Ames?

Not this year. Want to make it back there sometime soon for a game though (I was born about 30 miles NW of Ames). I, unlike the rest of the posters on this thread, don't have much bad to say about Iowa. I like it better than some other of the Plain states and the people there are just about as good as it gets. :thumbsup:

Not this year. Want to make it back there sometime soon for a game though (I was born about 30 miles NW of Ames). I, unlike the rest of the posters on this thread, don't have much bad to say about Iowa. I like it better than some other of the Plain states and the people there are just about as good as it gets. :thumbsup:

I like Iowa just fine. It's not CO, but no where else is. My wife and family are Iowans, and they are good people. Actually, almost all the Iowans I know are pretty good people...

All my family is from Iowa... I like it as well... lots of Hawkeyes. I'm jealous I wish I could go

there's a chance i may go. since i'll be out here for the knu game (and thus missing thanksgiving) i might fly back to minne that weekend and drive down to the game with pops. i'll let ya know.

Booked our trip back to Iowa so that the wifey's extended family, grandparents, etc can meet Quinten (our two week old baby boy). So, we think we have grandma signed up to baby sit and will be going to the game in Ames.

Any other buffs going?

Two birds one stone right there. Have a good time.

Not going, but that sounds like fun. The tailgating scene is decent, but nothing all that special. When I went out there four years ago, there is a parking lot a little north and a little West of the stadium off of 4th st that if you get there early enough, you can set up against a nice grove of trees. It's all grassy in there, and you have plenty of space.
The stadium itself is pretty antiseptic. Ames is a dump, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I got a definite aggie vibe from the place. It really reminds me a lot of CSU.

Will be going depending upon how the Buffs do over the next 3 games....if they continue winning, I'll make the Trek to Ames and see my family there & cousin who's a student at ISU now. If we have no bowl shot, then I probably will stay at home, since Ames isn't much of a sight to see.

Really wanted to, so I could squeeze in a trip to see family in western Iowa, but not gonna happen. Not a big fan of Ames, but at least the people are pretty nice and I was pleasantly surprised by the tail at ISU (which matters little to you at this point in your life, but I digress). Have fun.

I'm making the trip...I've never been to Iowa and seeing CU play ISU is basically the only excuse I can think of to ever go there...

Any other buffs going?

Congratulations on the baby!!

I'm leaning toward going to Ames. The last two times there weren't very good. Four years ago there was the tornado game and SW called for a fade pass on 2nd and 1 into tornado force winds and the ball landed 20 yards from the receiver. Then they went onto collapse in the game. Two years ago was the coaching decisions in the 2nd half that snatched a loss from the jaws of victory. Maybe this time it will be better.
:thumbsup:

Not sure if I'll ever attend another game their or not. The last time I went, (A November game) I froze my A$$$$$$!!! off. Rain, then Sleet, then snow. My son was'nt a happy camper either. The drive back home was misrable until we got to Grand Island. Then the sun finally came out.

Back