What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Spring ball starts today...

I checked the roster. He is still on there, so I guess he will be the second TE entering Spring ball. Again, yikes.

Yeah, that doesn't give 'em much flexibility. The staff will probably have to tone down the number of plays, contact, etc., just to keep the TE's healthy until the spring game.

Not a rosy outlook, by any means.

The kicking game is something i'm gonna watch. Dilallo was very inconsistent last year, along with Eberhart. I'm excited to see who takes the place kicking duties. I watched Goodman in High School, and think he can be a good but not great kicker here. He has a strong leg, but gets inconsistent sometimes. He is a great actor though, look for some flops on FG's

Eberhart made TWO clutch FG's at Iowa State-
too bad the ref's f u c k e d the Buffs that day :cry:

Article in the newsroom from the Daily Camera today says Jimmy Smith seems to have the inside track right now. Smith and McKay as the starters would not be bad at all IMO.

Article in the newsroom from the Daily Camera today says Jimmy Smith seems to have the inside track right now. Smith and McKay as the starters would not be bad at all IMO.

Agreed. Everyone else has too little experience to start early in the year imo. And McKay replaced Wheatley when he was out, so it looks like he is a favorite.

There are 4 TEs on the roster for spring and the upcoming year ccording to the sheet they gave us this past week. They are: Pat Devenny, Luke Walters, Kyle Tompane and Devin Shanahan. Maiava has been practicing with them from what I have seen as the FB/TE role suggests. In fall practices we will add Deehan, Wallace and Perciak. That is a total of 7 plus Maiava.

I expect Deehan to see alot of playing time. The kid looks like he's ready to make an impact right away. I hope he's working on putting some more weight on. He's currently listed as 230 on CUBuffs.com.

So why have three practices then almost start over after a week off for Spring Break?

I like McKay, but he is a little light. IMO it hurts him in run support. He is a decent cover guy but I'd put money on Jalil Brown making a play for PT. Lack of size is what has probably made Chappelle Brown a nickel guy. He has some incredible ball skills but he has trouble tackling the RB, not that he doesn't go full tilt at though... love the guy's heart.

So why have three practices then almost start over after a week off for Spring Break?

From what I recall, spreading out practices is more effective for long term skill development or learning (as in learning a new offense). Same reason why most schools have you going to multiple classes through a semester rather than a concentrated block where you take a single class for 2 weeks then swap to a new one. You have a more complete, deeper understanding immediately after the concentrated approach, but six months later you have a lot less recall.

Back