What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Utah is starting to fill Nebraska's role quite nicely

I think Utah's biggest problem today was that they didn't realize until it was too late that they weren't playing Colorado State. They saw "Colorado" on the schedule and given past experiences, automatically thought they were playing the goats.

:lol:

You guys are the best and Utah fans are the annoying ones. The ones I met when they came to Autzen were insanely annoying and could not handle their alcohol.

I'd like to think of this as a dormant rivalry that is slowly beginning to wake up. The two teams have played each other 57 times in the past with CU owning the series at 31-24-3. Granted the last time the schools played each other was in 1962, but the potential is there to return to a full fledged rivalry down the road.

I'd like to think of this a dormant rivalry that is slowly beginning to wake up. The two teams have played each other 57 times in the past with CU owning the series at 31-24-3. Granted the last time the schools played each other was in 1962, but the potential is there to return to a full fledged rivalry down the road.

Nah.

Do we need to erect a monument of a buffalo raping our mascot, carved from the finest gold-flecked black granite ever hewn from the Rockies, and place it outside of our stadium with a "never forget 11/25/11" plaque?

This would be an excellent start. Unfortunately, I believe Ward Churchill is already raising money to erect almost exactly the same statue, other than the date on the plaque, so unless you guys get to work right away, it's probably going to come off looking like a copycat effort.... :smile2:

Obviously what we saw on your boards ranks pretty low on the Creatini scale of trollish fan behavior, but I think the point was that those Ute fans had gone straight to the classic time honored fusker move of calling CU fans classless assholes based on the thinnest of evidence. And as with sandy vag'd fuskers, we've never denied that they might be right, just laughed at how little evidence they were actually willing to cite to make the case... :lol: And my point in collecting those quotes from the start of the Block U (huh?) game thread was that if those same fans want to mock their opponent before the game, they might want to man up and accept a little mockery in return when they come out on the short end. It's not that anything either side said was so bad, and I don't think we ever really said it was. It was just that da Yutes seemed awfully thin skinned for a group that was acting so cocky going in. But, I guess given what was on the line today, and how painful that loss had to be, it's not all that surprising, and nothing that wouldn't happen with most fan bases.

Congrats to you guys on your season. Personally, I'm glad to see one of the Pac-12 newcomers headed for a bowl game. I sure as hell wish it was us, and I firmly believe it will be in a couple years. But for now, I'll probably be pulling for you guys.

This would be an excellent start. Unfortunately, I believe Ward Churchill is already raising money to erect almost exactly the same statue, other than the date on the plaque, so unless you guys get to work right away, it's probably going to come off looking like a copycat effort.... :smile2:

Obviously what we saw on your boards ranks pretty low on the Creatini scale of trollish fan behavior, but I think the point was that those Ute fans had gone straight to the classic time honored fusker move of calling CU fans classless assholes based on the thinnest of evidence. And as with sandy vag'd fuskers, we've never denied that they might be right, just laughed at how little evidence they were actually willing to cite to make the case... :lol: And my point in collecting those quotes from the start of the Block U (huh?) game thread was that if those same fans want to mock their opponent before the game, they might want to man up and accept a little mockery in return when they come out on the short end. It's not that anything either side said was so bad, and I don't think we ever really said it was. It was just that da Yutes seemed awfully thin skinned for a group that was acting so cocky going in. But, I guess given what was on the line today, and how painful that loss had to be, it's not all that surprising, and nothing that wouldn't happen with most fan bases.

Congrats to you guys on your season. Personally, I'm glad to see one of the Pac-12 newcomers headed for a bowl game. I sure as hell wish it was us, and I firmly believe it will be in a couple years. But for now, I'll probably be pulling for you guys.

This is a polite way of saying **** you

And they're so original in giving us the nickname of "team to the east." Just a spin off from their BYU moniker of "team to the south." Good thing they know their cardinal directions.
Oh, please. Nobody has given CU that nickname. One likely-drunk dumbass using it in a poorly-written message board post is meaningless. It is fascinating to me how desperate some buffs are to fill the void Nebraska left in your bottomless chasm of hate. Some of you could find reasons to hate a puppy.

we know... thats why some of us(me) like pouring gas on a cigarette butt... cause you never know when it will ignite... so **** off

A good post by SD Ute, and very reasonable.

**** you, BCS. Don't be a ****ing idot. You really embarrassed me on this one.

Oh, please. Nobody has given CU that nickname. One likely-drunk dumbass using it in a poorly-written message board post is meaningless. It is fascinating to me how desperate some buffs are to fill the void Nebraska left in your bottomless chasm of hate. Some of you could find reasons to hate a puppy.

Nobody can hate a puppy, but a cat now that is hate-able!

Wait, wha? We're laughing at you folks because you sound EXACTLY like Nebraska fans. We aren't trying to fill a void, I posted those comments because it made me laugh. So far we've received high marks in awesomeness from opposing PAC fans - yet suddenly we play Utah and the same tired crap is brought out the second the game is over.

Next year Block U will have comments about grandma's going down stairs, slashed tires, nail-filled marshmallows, cups of beer (which aren't sold in Folsom) dumped on the heads of UU children, and of course, piss filled balloons.

Wait, wha? We're laughing at you folks because you sound EXACTLY like Nebraska fans. We aren't trying to fill a void, I posted those comments because it made me laugh. So far we've received high marks in awesomeness from opposing PAC fans - yet suddenly we play Utah and the same tired crap is brought out the second the game is over.

Next year Block U will have comments about grandma's going down stairs, slashed tires, nail-filled marshmallows, cups of beer (which aren't sold in Folsom) dumped on the heads of UU children, and of course, piss filled balloons.

I'm working on a theory here--and it's still in its infancy, so be patient--but the teams that beat us like us, but when we beat a team, they're less friendly. I just can't quite connect the dots here, but I'm searching for a trend.

I'm working on a theory here--and it's still in its infancy, so be patient--but the teams that beat us like us, but when we beat a team, they're less friendly. I just can't quite connect the dots here, but I'm searching for a trend.

Sarcasm noted :lol:

The only similarity is that they aren't smart enough to understand what is going on. Yeah, I hate them. Just like I hate almost everybody. They aren't and wont be special. They sure are trying tip manufacture a rivalry though. I guess those daily scrimmages against their varsity team to the south just aren't cutting it anymore.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

You are really confused about Utah. That is exactly, word for word, what BYU fans have said about Utes for decades. We are the ones that push grandmas down stairs, tip over wheelchairs, pour beer on player's family members, key cars, work minimum wage jobs, get black out drunk and fight everyone, steal, lie and rape babies. Nebraska sounds an awful lot like BYU, but with less religion and more corn. Your description of the Buff/Husker relationship feels like a mirror of Utah/BYU.

Do the Huskers have an inflated sense of present-day worth based on spurious claims of glory from yesteryear? Do the Huskers refuse to consider they could ever lose a game, instead opting to discuss whether they will win by 3 scores or 5? Do the Huskers win the September National Championship every year, only to fall flat on their faces once the season gets going? Is the only team to ever have beaten Nebraska... Nebraska? After a loss, do to the Huskers talk about how they dominated and rationalize how they won the game in spite of the scoreboard indicating otherwise? Is every high-profile Nebraska recruit a Heisman lock before ever playing a down? Do Huskers have a persecution complex? Is the slightest media criticism of Nebraska met with a furious letter and email campaign demanding a retraction and apology?

Is any of this sounding familiar? I think we might be on to something.

You are really confused about Utah. That is exactly, word for word, what BYU fans have said about Utes for decades. We are the ones that push grandmas down stairs, tip over wheelchairs, pour beer on player's family members, key cars, work minimum wage jobs, get black out drunk and fight everyone, steal, lie and rape babies. Nebraska sounds an awful lot like BYU, but with less religion and more corn. Your description of the Buff/Husker relationship feels like a mirror of Utah/BYU.

Do the Huskers have an inflated sense of present-day worth based on spurious claims of glory from yesteryear? Do the Huskers refuse to consider they could ever lose a game, instead opting to discuss whether they will win by 3 scores or 5? Do the Huskers win the September National Championship every year, only to fall flat on their faces once the season gets going? Is the only team to ever have beaten Nebraska... Nebraska? After a loss, do to the Huskers talk about how they dominated and rationalize how they won the game in spite of the scoreboard indicating otherwise? Is every high-profile Nebraska recruit a Heisman lock before ever playing a down? Do Huskers have a persecution complex? Is the slightest media criticism of Nebraska met with a furious letter and email campaign demanding a retraction and apology?

Is any of this sounding familiar? I think we might be on to something.

We very much have a match here, except for the persecution complex part. nebraska has just the opposite of that.

We very much have a match here, except for the persecution complex part. nebraska has just the opposite of that.

and the cornholers like to publicly mock the tragic death of a player, havent heard that from the kitties in provo.

also is it strange that I am starting to hate BYU more than that community college out west :p

and the cornholers like to publicly mock the tragic death of a player, havent heard that from the kitties in provo.

also is it strange that I am starting to hate BYU more than that community college out west :p

True, but they trolled us and don't even play us... definitely reasonable to hate them.

Wake me when the BYU can top this degree of delusional rationalization:

I still believe that Osborne did the right thing when it came to Phillips. It takes a lot more guts to try to help someone than it does to throw them away, and obviously Osborne recognized that Phillips might be better off with counseling. Years later, we have the benefit of hindsight and Phillips has done just about everything wrong on his way to potentially spending most of his life in prison. For many, the fact that Osborne tried to support him is further proof that Osborne was all about winning, a hypocrite, and had sold his soul for a national title (or two or three) when the fact is at the time Nebraska needed Phillips like they needed the plague.

The Huskers would have the Gators destroyed anyway - seven Gators couldn't tackle Tommie Frazier on a single play, for crying out loud - do you really think Lawrence Phillips made any difference?

http://www.cornnation.com/2009/8/12/986824/lawrence-phillips-after-all-these

Back